It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Could Face Civil Unrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

www.iran-daily.com

Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki and his Togolese counterpart, Koffi Essaw, address a press briefing in Tehran on Sunday.

A new report by the US Army War College talks about the possibility of Pentagon resources and troops being used should the economic crisis lead to civil unrest, such as protests against businesses and government or runs on beleaguered banks.
“Widespread civil violence inside the United States would force the defense establishment to reorient priorities in extremis to defend basic domestic order and human security,“ said the War College report.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nation alterroralert.com

Please Review this Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted.

[edit on 12/21/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm. Im not sure how the Iran Daily News is but seems to me they have alot of information I havent seen here on ATS. I also went to the report by simply Googling "War College Report" The next thing I know Im on the Homeland Security site An even BIGGER HMMMMMMMMM.

Interesting also is the inclusion of a county sherrifs statements and how they are ready???

www.iran-daily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12/21/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
People here aren't likely to rebel. If people didn't rebel with George W Bush being President what makes you think the people here are ever going to rebel in the future? Maybe there will be protests but I find a rebellion highly unlikely here as of right now.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

As was said in the Roman empire, 'Bread and a Circus keeps the populace distracted and complacent'. The bread and circuses are leaving america. Hunger and Homelessness do crazy things to people. Especially people who are not used to such inconvenience.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
People here aren't likely to rebel. If people didn't rebel with George W Bush being President what makes you think the people here are ever going to rebel in the future? Maybe there will be protests but I find a rebellion highly unlikely here as of right now.

Because Americans won't lift a finger unless it directly affects them.
Letting Bush go on the warpath didn't affect the people's ability to sit back, eat their microwaved dinners, watching TV.

But when Bush's mismanagement of the countries finances causes the food to stop coming, and the power to the TV set to be revoked...
... then there's hell to pay.

Meh... all systems have to be restarted now and again, the US is just experiencing their turn.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I read the article , going in with my eyes rolling at the news coming from Iran, but you know it was just your basic Faux News type report. Propaganda and very very controled at that. Interesting how we control their news, they produce it exactly as they are told.

It reallly is comming down to a new world order, or at least a one world takeover.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
One more thing, the only way I can see civil unrest is if "ALL" money stops in America. No paychecks, no pensions, Retirement, Railroad, annuities, no Social Security or Disability. No medical coverage, no medicine for the millions on psycotropic drugs. Then the Military steps into the Food distribution Centers already in high working order and begin to ration while searching for names on the red lists.

Hospitals will lock their doors, there will be no stores, small farms will be taken over and then, and only then will the SHTF.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Unfortunately, the inflation that will come from the infusion of these Trillions of reflation debt certificates could do all of that and more. Hyperinflation, as seen in every previous fiat currency, disintegrates the economic and civil structure of its host country. How can any system operate when todays profits aren't enough to pay for tomorrows raw materials because the money has fallen in value overnight?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
People here aren't likely to rebel. If people didn't rebel with George W Bush being President what makes you think the people here are ever going to rebel in the future?

Well, maybe things are going to get worse. It would be a brave thing to say that it's not going to...

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Talk about propaganda, geez.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
uncle sam does believe large scale civil unrest is a threat.

FEMA's operation Garden Plot, look it up, very scary stuff.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It's not just Iran talking about this, this is becoming a very real threat worldwide, and yes, I've heard unrest in the US being talked about by many more sources than just some Iranian news source.

So propaganda? Maybe. Unlikely? Nope.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by The cult of Osiris
Talk about propaganda, geez.

I don't think it's a propaganda; it's just another display of inherited cretinism. If you look back at Great Depression, how many notable riots could you count? If you look at Zimbabwe, which is plagued by hyperinflation and stalled economy, you would expect a huge crowds in the streets engaged in disorderly conducts.
www.mg.co.za...

Riot police armed with shields and batons broke up a group of about 20 demonstrators marching towards the central bank in Harare's central business district.

Twenty pissed folks is not exactly an overwhelming number. The rest of the Zimbabwean populace is not complaining, because they have been made billionaires -- courtesy the local central bank.

I ran into a gypsy the other day, and she described to me $100,000,000 bill that she saw in her spontaneous prophetic vision about the future of the USA. She couldn't place the portrait on that bill, but when I showed her a photo of Hank Paulson, she said, "That's him!"

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by unruly1

Wow! Let's keep reading iran daily! That's not a bunch of propagahandist garbage!

top topics

join