It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

police encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
hey,

I wanted to post my run in with a cop I had last night, see if I can get any feedback on how to go about this.

I work at Abercrombie and Fitch in a mall. i drive there like 20 mins to do so. I left work at 1130 pm last night, and was driving to my friend Anna's house. Apparently I was swerving on the road, I'm not too sure. But What I think is the important thing here is that no I did not drink inbetween work and when I got pulled over, nor do I do drugs. The officer pulled me over, and I was cordial, yes sir no sir problem sir etc. He asked where I was going, I told him Anna's (important sidenote: Anna had had a party about 3 months prior. She is underage and got an underage at that party. her mom's second language is English and she does not know her rights. me, knowing the law well, witnessed abusive police language and when I spoke up about it to the officers I was called tough guy and told to sit down know my place etc. The police entered the house, without warrent (but they used threateneing langiage to coerce mrs. C to open the door) threatened to kick doors down that were locked inside the house (problly another offense armchair lawyers fill me in
). He asked if I had been drinking, I said no, that I work a AnF and since they spray colonge everywhere it must be that. He and his buddies decided that wasn't the case and gaev me a sobriety field exam, and a brethalizer which i blew .00. So, knowing I was obviously on drugs, they said "I'm 99% sure your on something, probly pills or marijuana, and should be arresting you. Instead they are sending me a ticket for idk how much or which charges, and they said I did multiple offenses, all consisting of swerve here or there and its all on film (which I doubt).

One more important part of the story, he in the middle of bouncing back and forth b/t his car and mine was like "I know where I know you, I busted you at (name of girl)'s house you were there. What are you doing going back?" So I thinkhe had it out for me a bit. I'm pretty furious about it, and think that the police in the area use verbal abuse and go outside their "powers", at least try and reach over them.

Help me out!!!! how do i get this guy in trouble! how do I make him stay in line.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
There is probably no possible way to get this guy in trouble. The police these days tend to do what they want, when they want , whenever they want. They often work without warrants. When you do report them to the police department there is often no action taken against an officer by his own department, because cops stick together. Your best bet would be to contact a watchdog group, a lawyer, or an internet site like rate my cop . com. Maybe you should see if you can get that guy growing christmas trees under hydroponic lights to come visit your town
I have a story that i can use as an example. Last year at my old residence in a small town in middlesex county, new jersey, i was at my house with 2 of my friends listening to music in my room while my parents werent home. There was a knock at my front door, and as i was walking from my kitchen to anwser the front door, a cop opened my side door of my residence and entered my home BEFORE i even answered the front door! needless to say they did not have a warrant, nor did i give them verbal permission to enter my home. when they entered they harrassed me endlessly, asking if i broke into the home, if the home owner knows that im here. Claiming that i didnt even live in the house!! I was so nervous that i did not know what do to. They made me feel like a criminal in my own home when i did not break any laws or do anything wrong. When i asked what they were doing they said they saw that a window screen was missing from a window and claimed to believe that i was breaking into the house. When you get stuck with cops from a small town or borough compared to a state cop, they seem to think that they have endless power, and actually do! There was a cop in the town that this occured in, who had sex with a 18 year old girl in the back of his squad car while he was on duty, and when the police department found out, they removed him from the force for 6 months and put him on the Middlesex County Drug Task Force, which is basically a promotion! I believe that it is time to start making changes in this country, maybe we should start an intiative to create more checks and balances for the authorities who abuse their power like most police departments by starting a counter force to the police, who investigate corruption and call our congressmen to enforce very strict and harsh penalties for misbehaving police officers, just like the very strict and harsh penalties that every citizen faces in this day and age. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
He was doing his job. Stop partying with underage minors and straighten up young man or you are in for a long string of not very nice run ins.

Trying to get him in trouble for doing the right thing in stopping the party and checking you extra close is juvenile. Grow a pr and start becoming a good citizen. Leave the kiddie crowd behind.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
From what I can see, the guy did nothing wrong. I would let it go.

Pick your battles - this one you won't win.

Edit to add: Maybe you can get the traffic charges reduced in court. Say you had a sneezing fit or something from working so hard. Maybe the judge will be sympathetic.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by vonholland

You need to get a lawyer. There is no evidence that you've done anything wrong... especially being intoxicated.

I've had legal problems in the past and what I've learned is...

If you want justice.. you have to pay to play.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If you clearly weren't under the influence of any substance you shouldn't have anything to worry about. I find it strange that they'll be "sending" you a ticket. Does that mean he just gets to "decide" whether or not to sent you one later? I know this happens, because I've seen it done. That in itself doesn't sit well with me.

As for the swerving....

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

Lane Control!

Peace

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
He's not looking at any drug or alcohol related charges. If he had, they would have arrested him on the spot.

All charges have to do with "swerving", etc.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

If the cop sent you the ticket in the mail it's prolly, as in very likely, contestable. But the thing is how can you figure it out? Around here though the cops never show up in court so you plead not guilty and you walk scott free coz he/she wasn't there to argue your plea. Furthermore the burden of proof is in him so I say go to court.

Here are two links that may give you some pointers:

www.duicheckpoints.org...

www.uslaw.com...

Hope it helps, good luck!

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I wouldn't concern myself to much about the mailed ticket.That is usually reserved for traffic cameras. The cops love to play little cat and mouse games with people.Making people nervous seems to push their power play tickle button.It really gives them a sense of power when they can intimidate someone.They probably kick animals and pull the wings off flies too.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Agreed. But vonholland is the person who faces these charges, not me.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
So lets nail this down a bit more. You were once at this minor's house during a party that had minors, probably serving right?...and you were there when it got busted..right?...and the cop remembers you from that bust...right?...so if all that is correct..what the heck were you doing going back there to a minor's house, and why would you even mention about the first time when you already were caught at a party at a minors house the first time?

Some things here arent being fully told IMO. How about telling the whole thing from the very first time at the party.

As far as your swerving ticket, that could probably be dismissed since you were not intoxicated. Was the weather clear, foggy, rain, snow...what is the whole story?

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 21-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
So lets nail this down a bit more. You were once at this minor's house during a party that had minors, probably serving right?...and you were there when it got busted..right?...and the cop remembers you from that bust...right?...so if all that is correct..what the heck were you doing going back there to a minor's house, and why would you even mention about the first time when you already were caught at a party at a minors house the first time?

Some things here arent being fully told IMO. How about telling the whole thing from the very first time at the party.

As far as your swerving ticket, that could probably be dismissed since you were not intoxicated. Was the weather clear, foggy, rain, snow...what is the whole story?

went back to her house to pick her up to drive to a party. shes very cute and a friend nowadays. I plead the fifth on serving the party, she was there, it was her house, but it was a party for her brother, also underage so ya know still breaking the law. They used intimidation tactics to get in (saying they were gonna bust the door down etc to the mom. I said I saw and heard what you did and it was wrong and said, dont you guys have better things to do then bust underage parties with 15 people there (half over half underage). From there my friends were like shut it etc (im a loudmouth, not really a drunk), and they took my breathalyzer was .08 and said you better stay here for at least an hour or Im arresting your ass. hmm what else... called me tough guy numerous times and referred to me as tough guy the rest of the night (underage party).

road conditions....clear, 1130, cold and the biggest weekend for Christmas parties. Claiming on camera on the vehicles.....probly not. also said I passed a police station and was "wreck less" but idk if i did pass them, i could map it out on GPS if you want.

Update 1 week no ticket haha actually like 4.5 business days including christmas eve n christmas.

Merry Christmas happy Hannikuh. Thanks for the 2 websites Anonymous and uhh good to be part of ATS community!

[edit on 25-12-2008 by vonholland]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Dude if you are not a minor but were caught drinking at a party with minors you could have been charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor. If you got off on that I would let the ticket go and do nothing to provoke this officer any more. You butt could be sitting in jail for the party, I'd say you got lucky and should kiss that cops butt, and I hate pigs.

new topics

top topics

join