It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington D.C. cops getting semiautomatic rifles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Washington D.C. cops getting semiautomatic rifles

www.b92.net

Civil rights activists say the move to arm District of Columbia Police Department patrol officers with semiautomatic weapons is going overboard.

Officers will be given AR-15 rifles this summer as a way to combat dangerous criminals on the streets, The Washington Post reported Saturday

It is reported 352 officers completed training programs to handle the weapons, which have not been used in street patrols until now.

“We want to be prepared. I want officers to have what they need to be safe,”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.gnn.tv

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This is rich. Obama will start chipping away even further at our second amendment while the police start getting armed with AR-15's.

I wonder what the D.C. police chief wants her officers to be 'prepared' for. That says it all to me.

Everyone is arming themselves while the economy is teetering on the verge of collapse, I wonder where this is headed...

www.b92.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'm suprised they haven't got them there already.

In this day and age, and i'm not talking terror, i mean the criminals on the street, i'd want to be at least able to match the criminals in a firefight if i were a cop.

CX.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Oh boy, I just got an imagery of miniature 'Robo-Cops'. Why resort to dangerous arms against dangerous criminals? It's too bad there isn't a more 'humane' way (like sleeping gas or something) to deal with street thugs.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
How is this news?

In a podunk town in Ohio, there was a "gun fight" of sorts between a resident at my apartment complex and the cops. The cops showed up with AR's. The guy had 6 guns, illegally.

Cops are outfitted with some heavy ish these days, that's not new or news. Search for Texas police they have APCs.

Believe it or not there is still actual criminals that exist in this world, police aren't coming for you?

new topics

top topics

join