It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somewhere in Brazil a grandmother was filming her grandchildren when this happened

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The video is labelled :- UFO is it fake???

It appears quite real at the beginning particularly as its supposed to be a family video and the camera pans from the kids to the UFO or whatever. At first i thought it was a hot air balloon then from 3.30 onwards its a little strange. I don't normally search for UFO stuff but I was following up something else and this turned up. Has anyone check it out - has it been de-bunked or not. I was just wondering what it turned out to be. Go on tell me its CGI

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
That looks real enough....

Very strange shape, can't explain what it is... and doesn't look like it's faked or hoaxed...

Her reactions seem genuine enough and the amateur camera work is believable....

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
As usual, it stops as it gets interesting. They always do. I wonder why?

WG3

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
There's an interesting article here.

link   
This, as many other videos, has already been posted and discussed some months ago, I will try to find it.

I will be back in some minutes.

Edit: it was faster than I thought, here is the thread.

[edit on 21/12/2008 by ArMaP]

link   
I think this video discussed here before. In my opinioun it is a kind of baloon or kite. Whatever it is, a weird, uncanny shape.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Ummm how weird
I did a search couldn't find it, thanks for the info that explains it all.
Cheers

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
You kind of need to speak Spanish to know this but the very first word out of the boys mouth is "impulso" Spanish for Balloon....

Brazil if famous for making "Special Shape Balloons"

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I don't know if the word the boy speaks is "impulso", it's a little hard for me to understand, but the language they speak is Portuguese, not Spanish, and the word for balloon in Spanish is "globo", in Portuguese is balão.

"Impulso" can be translated as impulse, nothing to do with balloons.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
it's threads like this that keep my faith in ATS members.
a video in question is posted, and BAM we have a post showing an explanation and source of the object in question.
it keeps the air clean in the ufo world. glad there are some whom take the subject seriously.

thanks to the OP for posting the video (which was new to me), and thanks to all whom helped show that it was a balloon, and those whom are fluent in other languages.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
First of all Impulso is not spanish for balloon globo is, secondly they speak portuguese which is a totally different languaje and the portuguese word for balloon is balao. IMO that thing is too big to be a balloon that doesn't mean that it can't be any other explanation for it but to jump to conclude what it is so fast is inaccurate at least. Whatever it turns the object to be has a very defined shape and it appears to be at high altitude but not consistent with a balloon that would behave more erratically due to the air currents efect oer a light weight body, just y 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
teslaandlyne (4 seconds ago)
Upside down saucer, vertical beam should be on top and 12 side beams from
Tesla bulb sending out X ray type beams for hover and sideways motion.
The saucer Tesla coils are out of tune. What Tesla made stays with Tesla
unless its with some Illuminati cartel.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Looks like a ship from the movie Bukaru Bonzai!

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Daddy Bare

"Impulse" can be translated as impulse, nothing to do with balloons.

In Castilian Impulso means hot air balloon... maybe the words comes from the loud sound of the burners igniting but indeed Impulso does mean hot air balloon... globo = globe could be any round object... most often used to mean a light-bulb

[edit on 21-12-2008 by DaddyBare]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

That's funny, it's the first time I have heard that.

Impulso has the same meaning in Portuguese and in Castillian, it means "impulse" or "thrust" (when used as in "com um impulso saltei o muro" (Portuguese), "con un impulso salte el muro" (in Castillian, but it may have errors, I never write in Castilian), meaning "with an impulse I jumped over the wall").

If you do an image search in Google for the word "impulso", I don't think you will find balloons, while a search for "globo" will find many.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well if you said "Globo" de aire caliente...
to me that would come out hot air globe or ball... close but not technically correct
just might be that with all the different dialects spoken the only correct way depends entirely on where you are and who your speaking too...

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
In some latin countries it's custom to send up paper baloons around festive occasions. Almost certainly that is one of them, as has been referred by other members. I saw one of these, if a much simpler design, today.

Sometimes they just stop and hang in the sky, depending on the amount of hot air they have and the wind conditions.

Seems that the brazilians are compensating for something with their designs

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Daddy Bare

"Impulse" can be translated as impulse, nothing to do with balloons.

In Castilian Impulso means hot air balloon... maybe the words comes from the loud sound of the burners igniting but indeed Impulso does mean hot air balloon... globo = globe could be any round object... most often used to mean a light-bulb

[edit on 21-12-2008 by DaddyBare]

You are wrong, I have never heard of a globo referred to as impulso, like Armap said impulso means thrust, or it could also mean pulse, like a light pulse. And balloons are called globo (s). Hot air balloons are called globos de aire caliente or globos aerostáticos.

Light bulbs are called bombillos (as), lámparas incandescentes, or focos.

You are either misinformed or playing with us, all of what you have said is a lie.

Castilian and spanish are the same language.

just might be that with all the different dialects spoken the only correct way depends entirely on where you are and who your speaking too...

Nooo.... this is also a lie. A globo is a balloon from the rio grande down to patagonia.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by Camilo1]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I guess it could be a balloon.
Although they zoom in pretty good and it doesn't have reflective drawings on it like a balloon would.No colors just grey.
The fact it isn't whizzing all over the place could lead one to believe its a balloon.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

Thanks, Camilo1, it's good to see someone that really knows Spanish (or Castilian) coming to explain things.

DaddyBare
This discussion is not even relevant to the video, considering that the video is from Brazil, where they speak Portuguese.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join