It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO Slavery: Poor 'may face state loan charge'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   

NWO Slavery: Poor 'may face state loan charge'

news.bbc.co.uk

Emergency state loans given to the poorest people in the UK could cease to be interest free, under changes being considered by ministers.

The social fund currently extends £500m a year in interest-free loans to some 1.2 million benefit claimants.

But the government says in future some loans could be run by credit unions, who it says typically charge annual rates ranging from 12.68% to 26.8%.

The Tories accused ministers of acting like "loan sharks".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
This recent news should be no surprise that are aware of the NWO.

Now less fortunate people will be paying back the GOVERNMENT for money they need to live (eat, sleep, drink).

The interests rates discussed would certainly make any loan shark salivate.

The approach of the government to tie people financially (and enslave them financially) is worrying to say the least.

Your comments?

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This does not surprise me at all. The governments are going to do anything they can to save what money they have. And the money of the Rich.

It's sad ,but is and will go on in most of the countries .
And it will go on till people say enough is enough and say no more.
Tax the poor , yea that will get things going again.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The words "Stand and deliver your money or your life!" come to mind.

The government is now saying, "Give us your money. Here, take some back. Remember that money we returned to you? You need to repay it plus another 3rd as interest; and if you don't re-pay it, our "bailiffs" will come and turn out your pockets."

Highway robbery...Dick Turpin must be well peeved he didn't think of this one.

[edit on 21/12/08 by Rapacity]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

"Leading article: Don't leave the poor prey to the loan sharks"

Government is saying don't borrow from tom, dick or harry 'BORROW' from US!

And I use the word 'BORROW' as charging you an arm and leg to get a fraction of your OWN money back.

Good to see how all those heavy taxes we paid over the decades are coming to fruition. Not.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by Jinni]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Ministers back down in crisis loans furore

www.independent.co.uk

Work and pensions ministers spent their Sundays beating an embarrassing retreat from plans to charge interest of up to 27 per cent on crisis payments to some of Britain's poorest families.

The Government faced fury from across the political spectrum after it emerged that it was planning to treat emergency loans from the Social Fund on a commercial basis.

The fund provides more than £500m a year to the worst-off – many of them elderly or disabled – for essential items such as cookers, basic furniture and children's shoes. The money is lent interest-free and deducted from benefits.

But the Department for Work and Pensions has been considering plans for credit unions to take over the loans and charge interest of up to 2 per cent a month – equivalent to 26.8 APR.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

There was a Conservative MP on TalkSport (U.K) early this morning. She seemed to be saying that the gov has backed down on charging interest rates to the poorest people who take a loan from the social fund but the less poor still might be charged these high rates of interest.

Let's see what secretly enacted policies, Bills and Acts of parliament are pushed through in Jan. 2009. I think we will hear more about this particular one. Experience tells me that this government never backs down, it only ever changes titles, words and methods.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapacity
reply to post by Jinni

There was a Conservative MP on TalkSport (U.K) early this morning. She seemed to be saying that the gov has backed down on charging interest rates to the poorest people who take a loan from the social fund but the less poor still might be charged these high rates of interest.

Let's see what secretly enacted policies, Bills and Acts of parliament are pushed through in Jan. 2009. I think we will hear more about this particular one. Experience tells me that this government never backs down, it only ever changes titles, words and methods.

You nailed it on the head my friend.

It doesn't matter who comes to power, the government is heading down one route. The people in power I believe, are only the spokesman and the scapegoat. They are just a means to make people think that they have a 'choice'. New governments simply means 'new' and 'vast' opportunities and changes and nothing more.

Financially, the Government see this as an opportunity to 'tax' and rob people left right and centre. They have been doing it for years but the economic crisis gives them the opportunity to make big decisions.

I want my money back! With interest!

[edit on 22-12-2008 by Jinni]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

I recently read a thread on ATS that said the Fed was considering taxing the U.S Dollar as a method of being taking interest rates below 0%. I thought it possible but unlikely. Now I'm thinking that our government is trying to do the same but by a different means - taxation, loan back taxed money, charge interest on the taxed money loaned. That interest bit constitutes double taxation!!

I wonder whether the gov will issue enforced loans to debtors and mortgage holders under the guise of bailing out the economy by bailing out the debt holders.

As you said, I agree, government is dictated to by the limited options presented to it by economics. Generally, MP's tend to implement whatever suits them no matter whether it betters or hinders the regular man's life.

I remember when G. Brown was chancellor, when his wife gave birth he brought in plenty of measures that assisted mothers and families. Those who cannot see the self-interest there must be very blind or choosy about what they do see.

[edit on 22/12/08 by Rapacity]

new topics

top topics

join