It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I HATE cops!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
You heard me. I hate them. A vast majority of cops are pigs. I see more cops break the law then civilians, especially when driving. Red light? thats just a suggestion for a cop. Turn on the sirens and just keep on rollin cause thats how cops roll.

They dont care if your 12 years old or 90 years old. if they dont like you they will come after you with their batons and beat you to a bloody pulp, Ive seen it happen.

And what is it with cops in the uk? Is it now okay for them to walk into your house and arrest you without a warrent? Im not suprised because thats what pigs do and you cant change a pig.

Call me a cop hater, I have my reasons.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

if you were a victim of a crime and they came to help you would you still hate them ? just wondering ?

i don't hate cops here in the USA but i will go out of my way to avoid them.

i had my vehicle broken into and after the cop took my information he said

"your free to go" like i was the bad guy or something...

i wanted to say back to him.... you're free to go also

but like i said i try to avoid them

*i did not star and flag this thread....
just mentioning that so people don't think i advocate hating cops.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by easynow]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I am a fan of cops. I have never been abused by a police officer and have only good things to say about them.

If my business is in need and I hit the panic button they are there in 2 minutes flat. I've timed them.

Yesterday, there was a couple kids smoking pot in the parking lot at work. My friendly cop in the lobby came right out there and took care of their loitering asses. A couple other ones came and took them downtown and the wrecker got their car.

I love police.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I love you police!

Just like way back when...the thread was started about Paramedics being stupid...personally I think some people have a nasty experience and then..BAM the whole community is done for

Nothing personal of course OP...I don't know and dont' wanna know what happened...but I do pray this isn't one of those things where you had one bad incident and now you hate em all

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I deal with the police on a regular basis as well as the local sheriffs. They have always been helpful and courteous, but best of all, they are there when I need them and their response time is within minutes.

At least 1 - 2 times a month they come out for problems in my buildings between tenants, fights on the street, or accidents on the street. Every time I've needed them they are there to help.

Even the number of times I've been arrested they've treated me with respect and in a very professional manner.

I'm thankful we have men and women that are willing to do such a difficult job.

But that may just be the way they are in Canada.....

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
No it sn't Anxiety...many of them here are wonderful IMO

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I have never had a cop actually "protect" me before... although I've had them harrass me for things like leaving my car door open while I drop off groceries inside my house, for driving by a house where a party was going on (and then pulling me over, searching my purse and threatening to arrest me for being in the vicinity of a party, even though I had not been drinking or even been going to the party), a woman cop pulled me over and then did a body search and felt my bare legs (as if I would be hiding a gun or weapon under my skin!), and I've seen a cop let everybody go at a party where there were underage drinkers by demanding my friend's number. I think cops should be better educated before they are allowed into the force. I also believe many cops have that "us against them" mentality that makes it hard for them to discern between an actual victim and just another lawbreaker. A lot of cops seem so jaded and treat everyone as if they are a potential criminal! For example: my mom got attacked by a man with a knife, and the cops had the balls to blame her because she had been walking to her car without a weapon in her hands!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm sorry you feel that way. While I certainly respect your opinion, I could not disagree more.
I respect Officers of the Law. Every day when they go into work, there is a chance that they may not come home. Why do I say that? Because it's true. These men and women are doing a job. Their job is to protect you and me. If you're in a bad situation, dial 911, and these PEOPLE will lay their lives on the line to protect you.
Look, I'm not a saint - goodness knows. As a teen I was an idiot. My hair was long. My attitude was OK, but I did everything I could to make it seem like it wasn't. My clothes reeked as though I just came from a Grateful Dead Concert. I would spend hours playing pinball with my friends at the local convenience store.
The local Officers checked me out often. Did they bust my stones. Yep. Did they ask me to empty my pockets while I was walking home? Yep. Did I deserve it? DARN right I did. I was what I now call a 'WASTE OF SKIN'.
I never stole. Never fought without reason. Never vandalized. BUT, I was the kid that turned the radio I carried on WAY TOO loud, and grinned when people told me to turn it down. I wore sunglasses at night. Kind of funny I guess. I never hated cops, and I guess in their way they saw through me, and helped me.

Their job is to protect and serve. To make sure you and I can go home every day.

Do I hate cops? NO!
I can take care of myself, but I don't have the stones to do what they do. Officers don't make enough. Remember 9/11? I do. Officers and fire fighters rushed to the scene which was almost predestined suicide to protect civilians who they've never met.

Personally I think that we should say thank you to the cops you claim to hate. Remember. If the doody ever hit the fan, and you needed help. Guess who would be there with 3 little clicks on a phone.

No I don't hate cops.

I respect the hell out of them.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Another day, another incident...

I was in a bad situation today.

I was barricaded in a room to protect myself. I had no phone in the room, but I made a post from my laptop on ATS asking for help. This brought the police within minutes.

I want to thank the members that called 911 on my behalf.

To all the officers that responded to a possibly dangerous situation,
I salute you because you did your job.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
i am no fan of the cops either. i am covered in tattoos and it seems like it gives the excuse to mess with me

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
SuperSlovak, thou you do have the right to dislike your police wether local or state it sound like you've had some bad run ins with police an you are putting them down because of it. Running a red light or speeding is a job perk. Yes, i would agree with you that police will at times over step the rights.

Your problem with police in Europe is way out there. Yes they can walking into someone's house put them in handcuffs and lead them strait to jail. But thats there anti-terrorism laws. And if you stop and think about it, america is heading for these kinds of laws.

Please don't get me wrong. I have my own problems with officers of the law. But i have found if you do right in the present of police they tend to want to help you or even over look some of your wrong doings.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I am Law abiding citizen , and have police officers in my family.
But after a incident that happend to my family member, and the way the
police handled it. Well I will always abide by the law, but now I can't stand cops.
It's to bad that one incident can change the way you feel. But blood is thicker than mud.....

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I just want to add a couple pointers that help you when dealing with the police.
Some of these may just save your life.

Treat the officer with respect.

As soon as you break this rule you open yourself up to the option of putting you under further control.(on go the cuffs, search, into the back seat.....)

Speaking respectfully will get you a long way, and never become belligerent, you can save that for the Judge.

Comply with orders and directions.

Yes, you may be in a situation where the officer is being unreasonable or over stepping your rights. But keep a cool head and do as you're told. This may save you a night in jail, an ass kicking, or worst of all, a bullet.

Don't give them an excuse to use force on you. I know I sure don't want to be kicked around or tazered.:shk:

Sort the issues out in court after you're out of the situation and having a beer at home while you document every detail on paper.(include any witnesses, badge numbers, etc....)

No sudden moves.

If you're asked to produce ID, insurance, or paperwork, tell the officer where it is before you reach for it. If it's in a part of the car or in one of your pockets, let them know before you go for it and do it in a way that they can see what you're doing.

And ladies, open your purse enough that the officer can see inside before you pull out the wallet. Keep them as at ease as possible.

NEVER touch the officer.

This can be seen as an aggressive move, and even a pat on the shoulder invades their space and makes them uncomfortable. Probably the only acceptable time to initiate any physical contact is to offer your hand in a thank-you hand shake when things are resolved.

Maintain eye contact.

I don't mean to stare the officer down.
But maintain a reasonable eye contact, showing an interest in what is being said shows you understand the situation. They don't want you looking around furtively, it may make them feel you might flee.
Yes, you could be nervous, but maintain your cool and pay attention even if you know you're under arrest and want the hell out of there.

Same goes with looking around your vehicle, do you have something to hide ?
That's what they'll think.

And don't take any interest in his weapons or what's on his belt, this is also a point of insecurity for police and they may think you're trying to distract them.
We've all seen a Glock, and no, they won't show you theirs.

I'm sure there are a few more, but it all comes down to your safety when dealing with the police, and most of that starts with respect.

They're not there to be Judge, Juror, and Executioner. They're out in the community enforcing the law. Save all the legal issues for the lawyers to sort out.

EDIT: spelling and syntax
Plus, I really like to edit.......

[edit on 3/2/2009 by anxietydisorder]

new topics

top topics

join