It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passenger jet goes off Denver runway; 38 hurt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Passenger jet goes off Denver runway; 38 hurt

news.yahoo.com

DENVER – A Continental Airlines jet taking off from Denver veered off the runway into a ravine Saturday night, forcing passengers to evacuate on emergency slides as the plane burned, officials said. Two people were critically injured and 36 others were taken to hospitals.

Denver Fire Department Division Chief Patrick Hynes said a fire associated with the accident burned the entire right side of the plane. Melted plastic from the overhead compartments dripped onto the seats down below, he said. It was unknown when or how the fire started.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
They're going to have to rule out terrorism and let us all know about it by pounding it in to our heads.

Apparently nothing can happen with airplanes now without mentioning the word terrorism, even if it's just to deny that terrorism was the cause.

That boogeyman word sure comes in handy in even the most unrelated of situations.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Picture of the plane on fire:

TheDenverChannel.com - Denver News

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I guess when I have to get that new job...
... you know the one where I have to drive 5 or 10 people somewhere... is that an airport "shuttle" service?....

If I get in an accident then I suppose those terrorists are behind it, right?

But I guess now you have to choose between me having the first job I've had in 4 months after 38 years of living...
... or, ...well ... wait... 38 years after I was born here... or I'm a terrorist?

Please step step away from the water-pipe. No need for EVERYONE to be arrested for illegal substances.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Sheesh does every accident now have to include "oh btw, it wasnt terrorists"?

Talk about inducing fear into the public.

It snows in Denver alot, and runways become slippery and can cause aircraft to slide around druing takeoff's and landings. They are no different from a car or truck sliding on the road. Once momentum takes over when the tires loose grip, even airfoils and rudder/alierons wont prevent all that mass from sliding.

Obviously no terrorist caused occurance....geez.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Sounds like the right engine exploded as they past V2 and started their rotate (Takeoff) is odd the engine would blow then and not on spool up...

Surely stranger things have happened before but maybe they should first check who was on that passenger list before ruling it an accident.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
That's funny. I just read the entire article linked through the OP, and there is no mention of the word "terrorism" or "terrorist". And yet the OP and a few others are reacting like every other word in the article is terrorism. Are they reading a different article than the one linked?

The cause of the accident was not immediately known. The weather in Denver was cold but not snowy when Continental Flight 1404 took off from Denver International Airport for Houston around 6:20 p.m.

top topics

join