It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children Dolls with an agenda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
When shopping for toys for the kids always test he toys out first, not just one time but several times.

My brother works for a store as a stacker, he informed me of a doll called "little mommy" that said "islam is the light". You can't tell it until after 3 or 4 tries. He brought it to the attention of the supervisor.

So please check out your toys!!!!!!.

Link

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Indoctrination malfunction, lol.

What if doll said: Jesus saves ?

Would that be a problem ?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
oh no...... scary........ /yawn, one more thing for the religious nuts to freak out about...good thing people are not starving all over the world cause that would make a huge stir.

i love how the story revolves around a christian.

boo #en hoo...

go talk to a priest about it... in seclusion. have fun, remember, gods telling him to do it

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I kinda look at it like this, you pay a good price for a toy that is to say something along the lines of "goo goo daa daa" or "mommy". just think of your kids first words are "islam is the light".

I don't think religion of ANY kind should be on these toys.

There was one toy that said "devil is islam", I doubt Islam had anything to do with this, since it was made in china.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Well, if a doll said "Jesus saves" I wouldn't mind that. After all, everyone should try to save some money for bad times.
But if said doll says "Islam is Light", well, I would be upset, cuz, well, I don't agree that Islam is light.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Good one...... What i'm just trying to do is let parents out there to be aware of these toys. someone that have kids or grandchildren would understand this.

I have nothing against islam or any other religion for that matters peace be with you.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I read abou this a while ago , even if the doll did say this, dont you think dolls have freedom of speech as well ;] according to Fisher price

A spokesman for Fisher-Price insisted that the doll was not pushing pro-Islamic messages, adding that the sound some parents were hearing was caused by an accidental distortion of the doll's soundtrack.

"Because the original soundtrack is compressed into a file that can be played through an inexpensive toy speaker, actual sounds may be imprecise or distorted."

Earlier, Mattel released a statement saying that "the power of suggestion" was the reason why parents were mis-hearing the doll.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

i do recall hearing a dog say sausages once as well

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Contact information for Fisher Price/Mattel is Consumer Relations - [email protected]. ” The Fisher Price inquiry number on the doll’s box is 1-800-524-8697.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tiso_us

Here's som "satanic toys" for the christians to burn, very funny. It does sometimes make me wonder what goes through the minds of some people.

Check out the vid it's a goood laugh

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Posted at wrong topic, still early here.

Mods please delete.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by Grey Magic]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Well for Petes sakes!

And this whole time i thought my neighbor was crazy!!!!!

She said she had to call an ambulance in the middle of the night because her dolls were all sick and whinning.

And i thought it was just normal evening stuff for folks at the Cape.......

Do NOT buy any dolls!!!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Perhaps that particular doll was intended for an Islamic child? We do live in a country where there are Islam peoples who are Americans.

Its no different from a doll that says "Feliz Navidad". Or one that says "Merry Christmas".

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This past weekend I was shopping with my sister who had never heard about this doll. We split up in the toy section & a few minutes later she came over to me with one of these dolls in hand. This is what she said:

Sister- "You won't believe what this doll says!"

Me- "What, does it say, poo or something?"
(I hadn't realized it was "that" doll yet.)

Sister- "It says Islam is the light. Can you believe they would slip that in and think no one would notice?"

Me- "Maybe it is geared towards muslim children, sort of like those dolls that pray to jesus that we got when we were kids?" (I know which doll it is now, but I decide to play along to get her opinion)

Sister- "That would be fine, if the box said it was muslim baby or something, but theres nothing on the box. What if I bought this for the girls?" (We're not muslim)

Me- "It wouldn't bother me."

Sister- "It wouldn't bother me either if the box said it was a muslim doll, but it doesn't.... What business does a toy company have in putting subliminal messages in dolls?"

And that is where I finally got a little upset. I heard this doll in person. My sister heard this doll & she heard the same phrase as many others.... So I just don't see this an accident any longer. It was probably one programmer who thought no one but the kids would actually listen to the doll. It is afterall, just a doll.

My biggest beef at this point is the deception involved. The company could of pulled the product, owned up to the misguided employee & it would of ended the whole thing. Instead they continue to deny what many people have heard independantly & won't accept public responsibility for their product being misrepresented.

Even if this was just a flub in the vocal program that makes it sound like it is saying that. (sorry, just can't see that being the case after hearing it clearly with my own ears) they still should remove the doll long enough to either rebrand it or modify the internal sound components.

Just wanted to add, my sister's in-laws are muslim & she has no problem with the faith itself. She has a problem with deception.

[edit on 22/12/2008 by lynn112]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think it's funny. In the Anti-war blog video they said the baby was "spouting hate"...
"Islam is the Light" is spouting HATE???? People are sick. If the baby said "Jesus loves you" these same people would be having a party and buying them off the shelves.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Oh no! If you spin around twelve times, toss three tablespoons of salt over you right shoulder and whistle the National Anthem, that'll engage the Above Top Secret override and then it will say Deny Ignorance.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Really, though. Are we sure that we aren't hearing things that aren't there? I mean, I was in the area of the display of the same doll and (although it was annoying as all git) I didn't hear that...

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I once heard the gibberish Ferbies speak is a demonic language...

new topics

top topics

join