It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So.. exactly 4 years until 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I know theres a bunch of 2012 threads on here but I thought that this would be a pretty cool topic to talk about

so its 12/21/08, 4 years until 12/21/12

whether you believe something is going to happen or not as it gets closer you know its going to be talked about by everyone and everywhere. so lets just say, hypothetically, that the governments come out or science or something proves something major will happen on that date. what would you do for the last 4 years knowing that everything you know is going to change after 2012 happens?

personally, I want to do some serious traveling around the world. theres so much out there to see and if theres only 4 years left I would want to just travel and not have a care in the world. australia, egypt, mexico, somewhere in the carribean, pretty much everywhere in europe..

what I'm saying is if 2012 proves to be something we should be prepared to face I'm going to not worry about things in the future like a career or having any long term plans. theres so much to see and I'm going to see it

so.. what would you do if 2012 was revealed/proven to be true (its just hypothetical so dont hate when commenting) and it being only 4 years away? would you stick to the usual routine or live life to the fullest?

this should be good

[edit on 21-12-2008 by rider0268]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rider0268

How about live your life to the fullest with no knowledge of the day of your demise, and not fearing your last day?

2012 is a myth which isn't even supported by the Mayan Calender - the source of the myth.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Graduate college...but that's just a personal ambition of mine.

I'd say have kids, but under the hypothetical "doomsday" scenario I don't think I'd want to put a kid through that.

Honestly, I'd just live. Whatever happens, happens.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by rider0268
so its 12/21/08, 3 years until 12/21/12

Is it really?
You sure it's not four?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
(its just hypothetical so dont hate when commenting)

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by rider0268
so its 12/21/08, 3 years until 12/21/12

Is it really?
You sure it's not four?

*counts fingers*

I wonder how many other people would have overlooked that.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Im not so good at math.
My fingers moved 4 times though while counting

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
"so.. what would you do if 2012 was revealed/proven to be true (its just hypothetical so dont hate when commenting) and it being only 4 years away? would you stick to the usual routine or live life to the fullest?"

Well, my usual routine is living life to the fullest, so that wouldn't change. But maybe I would be nicer than usual to others.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
You know whats going to happen that day.

All of us on ATS are going to fight to have the 1st post on ATS that states this.

Posted on: 12/21/2012 @ 12:21:12am

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Sounds like a conspiracy to keep us all herding to ATS for 'answers' for at least 4 more years. No offense ATS.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Well, if it is anything like the ''Millenium Doomsday Scare'', I'll probably be doing some Christmas shopping, the same as every other year at this time.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
If it was confirmed true which I dont think it is or will be, I just have that feeling not a thing will happen. Which like every other thing thats popped up on a cons website hahahaha

But if true, I would just work to make the money and try and have some fun. Party a little more and as time gets closer pay a visit to a few "Friends" hahaha

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The way I see it, you don't prepare for 2012. 2012 prepares you.

new topics

top topics

join