It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained random fires in Sicilian town. Draws scientist and paranormal investigators.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Heres the news story. Yahoo News Link (Broken)
Who knows what the deal is. I just wanted to post this for those who might not see it and open a discussion what people think might be the cause. What do ya think.

mod edit: Shortened link with BB code, but link no longer works. Alternate link posted below

[edit on 16-11-2004 by Spectre]

[edit on 16-11-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
OOps didn't notice the previous post. Sorry. Delete if you want.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Holy cow! That's tremendously weird!

I can't help but think of when things started going bonkers in the Core...hmmm.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
that's definately quite odd to read especially after seeing a "phantom fire" before where me and my friend witnessed a house on fire but it wasn't damaging anything and you could walk right through it....I doubt that these two supernatural events could be related but it happened so recently (about 3 months ago) and now to read this.....it's really quite odd, I'd be interested to find out what's behind the spontaneous combustion

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Yesterday I just saw a little docu about this. Seems it sometimes still happens. Scientists and Army have been brought in but fail to determine the cause. Meanwhile populations seems to think that the Devil is in the game and that Government are hiding stuff from them. All in all a weird story. Does anyone know if there has been found something?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
the link says 'document not found' any reason? or just me?

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I found the same thing the link is dead. Well without being able to read the article, could it be something like St Elmo's fire ? or earth lights ?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
This is, I think, an article that contains parts of the original story. You can probably search up some additional link from the keywords.

Sicilian fires recall nanny's 'witch' ordeal
Italian officials remained at a loss yesterday to explain the cause of the recent events in Canneto di Caronia. Pedro Spinnato, the mayor of the village near Messina, ordered residents to evacuate their homes on Tuesday, to allow investigations to be carried out.

The move follows a series of fires in recent weeks, which have seen fridges, cookers, televisions, washing machines and mobile telephones burst into flames spontaneously in 12 different homes.

Enel, the Italian utility company, cut the power to the town after the first reports but the fires have continued.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Wow, that's wierd!
I wonder if someone here could come up with some kind of scientific explanation for this. It sounds like an episode from "The X-Files."

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Hoppinmad1

I couldnt help but notice that your sig is a link to Personalized weight loss for healthy results.Because apparently there is no such thing as "one diet fits all". We will give you a FREE MyBodyShape� analysis, telling you everything you need to know about YOUR body to get the results for YOU personally. Your own personal MyBodyShape� coach will guide you through the paths to achieve better health.

Thats great. I also notice that your referral ID is on the link. Thats great also.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Yeah Spectre, that is the story.
On a German Television Station there was a docu about it this weekend. It was highly intresting, and that�s an understatement lol. The firefighters in that village are exhausted and are simply patrolling the streets to be faster there when a fire breaks out again.
On one piece of film they went in a house , where electricity was cut off and never the less the television caught fire, to put it out when in the next house a fire began. Within 30 mins it was burning in 7
houses.
On tv they showed a piece of wire, used for electrical things, however this wire was not connected to anything, just a piece of wire .about 15cm i think- well that thing was melting and getting black in the middle, weird..
The head of the police there showed his bathroom, where he had such a medicine closet with mirror n stuff hanging on the wall, it catched fire together with a toiletpaperroll which he threw in bath and let water go on it, the thing kept burning he says...
They seem to have done all kind of tests concerning a highspeed train and the fire�s, no results, all other tests, no results. In the end of the docu , you can clearly see Army trucks standing there...wonder why.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I found a link to a website with basically a news blog on this subject. It is still happening and yes it is real. Most seem to think it is to do with volcanic activity. I haven't had time to read much but will post more later.

www.ebicom.net...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Actually, there have been several theories as to what is causing this. I haven't seen any credible theories on this being linked to volcanoes. But the one explanation that makes the most sense to me is that the combination of the railway cars and the ocean waves is inducing an EMF that is manifesting itself in the wiring of the houses.

I've been trying to keep up with this because it is a fascinating story.

xu

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
sorry to resurrect an old topic but does anyone have have any recent info on this event, I mean you cannot just forget and shelve something like this, I was baffled when I ve read this and I am still baffled now. it is really interesting.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I would also like to know what caused these events, that is if they figured it out yet. Any more info would be really nice.

new topics

top topics

join