It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Blocks NewYork Times Website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

China Blocks NewYork Times Website

news.aol.com

Earlier this week, Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Jianchao defended China's right to censor Web sites that have material deemed illegal by the government, saying that other countries regulate Internet usage too.
During the August games, China allowed access to long-barred Web sites such as the British Broadcasting Corp. and Human Rights Watch after an outcry from foreign reporters who complained that Beijing was failing to live up to its pledges of greater media freedom.
The New York Times said Beijing had blocked the Chinese-language Web site of the BBC, and Web sites of Voice of America, Asiaweek, and Ming Pao, a Hong Kong newspaper, earlier in the week. But apart from Ming Pao the sites were all accessible Friday, it said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

THIS IS WHY A.T.S IS BLESSED

The monstrosity must be stopped! WOOT for the reporters!
Fight for the right of information distribution!

Oh! And I thought the words "deemed illegal by the goverment" wrote on a slip and then used as a dartboard. Then pissed on to douse the flames. This is the very thing we are trying to breathe life into, and wake up people around the world. We have to fight this! Coffee... See the analogy in my thread "ModernSunTzu"

news.aol.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheeJester

Oh! And I thought the words "deemed illegal by the goverment" wrote on a slip and then used as a dartboard. Then pissed on to douse the flames.

There is a huge global warm fuzzy feeling towards China, ha never forget my friend that they are communist!
Tiananmen square anybody?

join