It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can this be the origin of the "Dragons" myth??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Just found this on youtube... take a look at this dragon-like "fish"...

Dragon like fish

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Whatever kind of fish that was, it sure did look cool.

And why does Japan always get to catch the cool sea creatures?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
it's called an oarfish, it's a deepsea fish. and it would only account for asian dragon stories, if they in fact didn't have a name for this type of fish at that time.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
it's called an oarfish, it's a deepsea fish. and it would only account for asian dragon stories, if they in fact didn't have a name for this type of fish at that time.

true... but just think on the idea of people assimilating this strange physical form of the fish to a land/air living creature. the main physical aspects of the fish would prevail and the remaining stories surrounding it would be only local folklore based on the evidence of such marine animal.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Cool fish

I think the myth of the dragon came about one of two ways

1. Some form of Dino lived passed the mass extenction and lived right up until the earliest days of mankind and the stories of them has been passed through the centuries as dragons

OR

2. People in the early days as in the present found huge Dino bones and the myth of what the creature was and how it looks was born

Either way I think the dinos were envolved
IMHO

[edit on 20-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
yeah... I think you are probably right in terms of dinosaur involvement to some extent, though for the common characterization of a dragon "picture", people may have tended to pick an already seen but, nevertheless, odd figured creature such as this one.

I have always wondered where those dragon whiskers came from... they resemble to a catfish...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Dragons are mentioned throughout the bible:www.fairrosa.info...
Dragon stories are found in every culture practically:www.genesispark.org...
Usually myths of today are rooted in some truth of the past, perhaps you will find the dragon "myth" is also rooted in fact.

new topics

top topics

join