It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yaldabaoth (Laldabaoth)-Gnostic writings

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Sophia (wisdom), Mother of Yaldabaoth, is portrayed within the OT....

Sophia is found throughout the wisdom books of the Bible. There are many references to Her in the book of Proverbs, and in the apocryphal books of Sirach and the Wisdom of Solomon (accepted by Catholics and Orthodox, found in the Greek Septuagint of the early Church). She is Wisdom Incarnate, the Goddess of all those who are wise.

"Is it any wonder that She is constantly associated with wise King Solomon? 1 Kings 4:29-31 tells us that God gave wisdom to Solomon, and that he became wiser than all the kings of the East and all the wise people of Egypt. Wisdom 8:2, 16, 18 tells us that Solomon was seen as married to Sophia. One of the many layers of symbolism attributed to the Song of Songs (also known as Song of Solomon or Canticle of Canticles) is that it speaks of Solomon's marriage to Holy Sophia. Wisdom 9:8-11 even tells us that Sophia instructed Solomon in building the Temple!

The Jews revered Sophia. King Solomon even put Her right in the Temple, in the form of the Goddess Asherah. However, after the "reforms" of King Josiah, there was a threat that the veneration of Sophia would come to a halt - there was even more of a threat when patriarchal Christianity took over the world. Even still, thanks to Her continuing presence in the world and Her presence in the Bible, veneration of Sophia continued in the Eastern tradition with the construction of the Hagia Sophia and the Russian Catholic liturgical service to Sophia combined with the assumption of Mary on May 15. The Russian Orthodox Church has also begun a school of "Sophiology" to explore the thealogy of Sophia without contradicting the Russian Orthodox theology.

Yet the Eastern Christians are not the only Christians to venerate Sophia. Sophia was very likely venerated by early Followers of the Way, and her veneration has survived in the West today in the form of Gnosticism. Gnostics see her as one of the aeons, one of the quasi-deities who live in the ethereal realm known as the pleroma. Gnostics believe that she gave birth to or brought about the creation of a negative aeon, who later came to be called an archon, called the Demiurge, creator and ruler of this world. Gnostics see the Demiurge as the God of the Old Testament, with his strict rules and chains that bind the people of the Earth. Gnostics believe that Sophia and the Father God (not the Demiurge) sent Yeshua to right this wrong. In Gnostic tradition, Sophia plays a very active role in our world."

www.northernway.org...

LV

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
Wow, interesting response.

Can you explain a little more why you feel this doctrine is the spiritual force driving the NWO?

The concept is far more primordial than hebrew testaments. Let's boil it down... 'Universal architect' (godlike entity) is either:
a) benevolent creator
b) tyrannical demiurge
c) indifferent observer / experiencer

Certain psychological profiles will be drawn to the tyrannical demiurge conclusion. Such people often feel compelled to:
- exploit / rebel against the natural order
- embrace life's darker experiences
- self-obsess over 'ascension' from this realm / shortcuts to enlightenment
- view actions against other beings as inconsequential collateral damage
- (ie break a few eggs to make an omlette)
- enjoy playing the victim / villain
- trick or pay women to their bedroom

OK I kinda made up the last one but I have my suspicions!

The NWO attracts such people like flies to dung. Money, power, hedonism, will guarantee a healthy turnout, heck, some people will sign up with best intentions. The tyrannical demiurge construct is a whitewash sales-pitch to justify a pitch-black agenda. The concept is not new, nor hebrew, it has been corrupting mankind since the dawn of time. You should consult your own heart whether you feel such doctrine represents your personal worldview.

Disclaimer: Many people have come to think that 'gnosticism' is synonymous with construct B, but this is incorrect. There are a great variety of 'gnostic sects', supporting any, all, or none of the above theses. Gnosticism as a term is more about the methodology than the conclusion. At least, it should be.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

My heart says that there is a source of energy that is a divine makeup that is within all things.

I dont accept the OT for this reason, I dont find God to be wrathful or even demanding.

The idea of a energy claiming to be god explains the god in the OT to me. I dont think these text are set up for any rebellious act...someone seeking wisdom is usually pretty humble. Sure, someone could take text like this and run with them because they go against the main stream belief....but I dont see the majority doing that. I see the majority of the mainstream religions being the ones that help the NWO freaks. The mainstream religions are the ones that are ready to fight for a god who demanded ONE chosen land, told people to go against the commandments to kill ect....and since the Romans have put the prophecy forth that certain things must happen in order for god to come....well what better fabric to work with for a NWO. They sit back, wait for the mainstream religions to brake out in the biggest war of all times....then the Elite will step up and claim that global order is the only way to stop the maddness. Things will be so bad, there really wont be any other way.

I dont see how the gnostic text would have anything to do with it really.

LV

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The paradox is that conspiracy theories tend to be inherently Gnostic, whether they are described as such or not. Conspiracies thrive on the very fringes of society; among those who consider themselves to be alienated and trapped in a hostile world that is actively plotting against them.

I mean, what are David Icke's reptilian overlords if not simply the Gnostic Archons, recontextualized for the 21st century?

[edit on 21-12-2008 by Eleleth]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eleleth
I mean, what are David Icke's reptilian overlords if not simply the Gnostic Archons, recontextualized for the 21st century?

wow, you're so right.
Gnostic teachings are not limited to the texts, but they can be seen all around. Especially when you look inside yourself for the truth. I have hope for humanity, because anything can happen to us...we could be put in the most destitute of situations, but still we can be free if we so wish, and we ultimately can overcome the largest of obstacles.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cancerian42

I have hope too! I dont think it all has to be destruction, war and damnation like was is foretold due to some prophecies.

But the power of thought is so intense, I feel anyways....so if half of the world believes these things will be true, then surely war will become because they will make it happen that way.

So many have no hope....

LV

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42

wow, you're so right.

And moving further in this direction, there are more parallels in the "Annunaki" theory. For instance, here is something I happened upon purely by accident: www.projectcamelot.org...

However, as the dimensions grew in density through the expansion of creation (our creation), we, as individualized, interdimensional beings, were seduced to enter the human body. This seduction was a co-conspiracy of forces led by Anu, the King of the Anunnaki, who required enslaved workers to mine the physical gold that was present on Earth in abundance. Those beings we now consider the Atlanteans, were interdimensional living upon Earth, and Anu, with great cunning, convinced them to embody in human instruments.

This embodiment was a grand experiment in human engineering, and the Human Mind System (HMS) was at the core of this project. Anu realized that the only way to enslave the Atlanteans was to sheath them in a mind system that would reduce their capacity to express their true nature, and instead, express the programs embedded within the HMS. These programs were the creation of Anu and his scientists.

Now, let's put aside the actual veracity of what he is saying, because I somewhat doubt it myself. But here (and there are many other parallels after the link) he is clearly recounting the Gnostic creation myth in every detail. So is Anu Yaldabaoth? And if so, is the modern ET intervention conspiracy theory simply Gnosticism redux? And why have so few made this connection?

[edit on 22-12-2008 by Eleleth]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

So is Anu Yaldabaoth? And if so, is the modern ET intervention conspiracy theory simply Gnosticism redux? And why have so few made this connection?

It sounds the same to me...and I guess when most people adhere to a belief they tend to denounce every other belief whether it is inherently the same but called by another name or not. Most people think that if they put their faith into one thing, it is contradictory to put it in anything outside that one thing. Nevertheless, their closed mindedness is actually a hinderance to see what is really there. We all naturally are the same in our beliefs, our experiences differentiate us temporarily though, so one person will see something as more true than another because they relate to it more...but really our natural beliefs are the same, just in different forms. However, there are unnatural beliefs as well (perhaps as your quote mentioned being from Anu/Yaldabaoth). These beliefs are more like brainwash. And I think they come from fear. Once you free yourself from fear, you free yourself from the unnatural beliefs and open yourself to truth. And one of the best ways to free yourself from fear is through hope.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

Selfishness and greed are qualities of the ego and the ego is basically the quality of the demiurge I think you could say. It really causes all the problems of the world and as such, gnostics would work against it. Gnostics work for freedom I think so to tie them with the NWO I would disagree with.

Even the history of gnostics and gnosticism go against the NWO. A variety of teachings developed in early Christianity. An orthodoxy developed that was backed by government and they destroyed the gnostic texts and probably a few gnostic Christians as well. To think that Gnostics would or will establish any sort of power I find laughable, leave that to Catholicism lol. Jesus in the Gospel of Thomas even says something like "He who has found power should renounce it".

reply to post by thetruthhurts78

There really isn't a "really bad" in gnosticism when relating to an individual's actions. Unlike Orthodox Christianity, they typically don't believe that rules or the various "sins" are involved in salvation. Roughly quoting from memory, I read someone say if the person had not undergone sufficent work on gnosis, the spirit would be cast back into a physical body and unable to leave until adequate gnosis was met. It wasn't a "worse" body, just a body and it didn't serve as a punishment.

Gnostics don't believe in Hell so I'm not sure about that one, or if they do its in a more metaphorical sense.

[edit on 22-12-2008 by ghaleon12]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Im really surprised that the NWO subject even came up in this thread.

If the NWO is going to work through anyone or use anyone, its going to be the people that are ready to make a war to bring in the time of god coming. So many think they know what is going on and that it is all going to how its supposed to go. I think the cards were layed many yrs. ago (couple thousand) to seperate the world with beliefs of a specail land and people....the NWO will wait for the gulables to play out the mess for them, then the Elite will have to come save the day. How will people be able to fight a world order when the world is in its most desired state for help and guidance?

LV

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
apparently all the gnostic infomation/gnosis that was enlightend upon jesus was vastly screwed up before it ever reached the people who received it. alot of it also relates to greek philosophy too especially plato though no-one seems to ever get that. go read the allegory of the cave and you'll see what i mean.

what it boils down to really is groups of spiritual beings and what they get up to behind the veil. the whole gnostic plot to kill god was basically a plan to relinquish power from a somewhat tyrannical being residing in the lower astral realm. in the gnostic scriptures when referring to the heaven and the heaven above it (that this entity destroyed part of in creating the lower heaven) its essentially referring to the lower and higher astral realms. the problem was that the earths surface-vibration was closer to the lower astral realm than the higher, therefor allowing the lower astral denizens easier influence and access than those of the higher. therefor we have the whole wanky affair of the ascension process, of which the main goal is generally speaking to raise the vibrational resonance of society closer to that of the higher astral realm thus limiting the lower astrals influence. the problem is, is that negotiations have to be made with the fun lovin' lower astrals over the numerous human souls who have become denizens of darkness before the lower astral realm can be destroyed entirely. the higher astrals have already stealthed themselves sneakily into the lower astrals demonic corporate heaven (think wolfram and hart) to the point that they have utter jurisdiction over it. notably and amusingly considering pop-culture most lower astrals upon realising have decided to end their evil ways and work with the higher astrals, ironically or not-so the main faction that still operate are the utterly money-obsessed human element, i had a rather amusing episode the other night whereupon during idle tv watching i casually infiltrated a gathering of human darksouls, (literally by wearing the vibrations around me, becoming invisible on the energetic level) eventually they realised i was there when i started projecting about playing resident evil hahahaha anyway i totally poisoned those biatches with old fashioned black n gold. submit to my will muhuhhahahaha whatever life is fun

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Thank you for this post.

I am personally a Christian Mystic and have experienced the exact same Spiritual Enlightenment and ego death Jesus preach about in the NT.

It was after Enlightenment that I started asking questions to pastors about OT and "the God of the OT's" actions that they started giving me unsatisfactory answers.

I was personally experiencing a transcendent God who is Love and is in everybody and doesnt take sides and loves everybody. SO I had allot of problems with the parts of the OT like God taking sides and Joshua killing the armies, their women, and their children in the name of God. ALso had a problem where it said God is a jealous God.

Then I started studying Gnostics. I go to a group called the Cathars and they were discussing what the characteristics are of Spiritual Enlightenment that comes from following Jesus and his teaching. It was the exact same stuff I was experiencing, selfless love, transcendence, ego death, contentment, in the now, self sacrifice for others and so on.

So I knew that their enlightenemnt was genuine cause they would go out of their way to help others, be of service to the world, meditate and go within, and so on.

But some of their beliefs I didnt agree with. And yet, they mention the idea of God in the OT being a demiurge and my eyes lit up. They lit up because I could never reconcile the actions of God in some of the OT, with what Jesus was preaching and with my own direct experiences.

So I was like WOW

And then I started slowly in a almost subliminal way to bring this up t my non-mystic westernized Christian friends. They went nuts, defending everything and just being literal about everything. SO much so that I was eventually kicked out of certain circles. I ended up burning up University Theologians in intellectual theological debates on stuff. I would burn these guys in debates so much so that they'd get stuck and wouldn't want to discuss things with me anymore.

So in a sense I'm a fence walker about the OT God being a Demiurge. I wish Jesus would have said something about it, and maybe he did but it was never written down. Either way I still accept the NT and Jesus as my savior and have Awesome Enlightenment that just grows deeper with time and gives my direct experience of God.

It would mean the Jews are specifically worshiping the Demi as well as Muslims and that Christians are worshiping a Hybrid of the one true God and the Demiurge.

Its a very fascinating topic with HUGE global implications. And I will say one thing, being a person who claims Spiritual ENlightnment. WHile I have still more to experience in this Enlightenment, the one feeling that has never left me from the day I was born is that I am not from here and I dont ever want to come to this planet. Uncomfortable in my own skin, my own home, my ow planet.

Thumbs up for this post even though most "christians" will condemn you for it. While others will be forced to go through a personal revolution the way I did.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Hello dominicus,

Isn't it just the most extreme feeling to realize that all the while when the stories of the OT might not of resonated with a individual....there are actually a whole set of writings that are total opposite of what the OT teach! I was like WOW too!

I still accept no material as fully right, but they all have a rightful purpose. The only material I totally accept are the templates of the works of Thee...which is in the Mother nature, the only template that is non destructible. The only template that has always been with mankind and will always be.

The past couple yrs. of my life has been defiantly eye popping! Only when I look back on certain things, it makes sense to why I experienced the desires of shedding the ego, realizing that we are all loved beyond measure and even in my dreams, my life experiences were being reflected in ways that connected to my spiritual understandings.

I remember very clearly last yr. about this time of yr. I made a claim to 'God' (if you will) that I didnt feel the need to accept certain things. Ever since my spiritual self has humbled me beyond measure of how to me more self less....patient....accepting...loving....forgiving....and understanding of certain writings, especially the claims of certain things Jesus taught. The divne did not leave me after my claims....in fact...I have never felt the 'filling' of the spitit like I did after this claim then as before with the original accepting of the whole Bible. For the first time, my spirit really began to grow.

My drive in life has changed, my pasions for growth spiritualy have changed, my mannorisms with others have changed, my thoughts of creation itself have changed and now make more sense to me.

I found it so odd that some say these kinds of beliefs are self fulfilling and people seek these different beliefs to be gratified in some way. I only now share my experiences AFTER many months of much alone time with me and Thee. There was no gratification from others to be found, it was me and me alone. My seeking couldn't of been more humble. I only now come forth to others-feeling the need to share my belief that everyone is worthy and share my belief that God has laid a path for all. Nothing is happenstance....everything has a purpose. Its the 'accepting' of the purpose that most get stuck on.

I now understand the parables and the meaning of what Jesus said when he spoke about how to 'see with your one eye of light' so that 'the body can be filled with light'. It is far from a need of gratification or self serving. What it taught me is that my will here is not my will...but yet a will of a higher power. To fill the body with light is allowing the divine will to work through you. I now have a new understanding of what Jesus said when he spoke of his body being our body and his blood being our blood.

If scriptures were sooo important....how is one to read scriptures with 'one eye'? Taking the knowledge of a scripture is one thing...finding the wisdom within is another.

In the Bible we are taught to 'weigh a vine by its seed'. I believe so many people over look this. Within the book that we are to weigh the vines....are two different seeds. The advice of weighing the vine is supposed to be in accord with everything....even the natures of God we see in the Bible. Instead of making excuses why the vine wasn't matching up with the seed....I began to see that they are not supposed to match...everything is right there, showing us two different natures. I now separate the natures and learn from them, I am done making excuses for why the two different vines (natures) must come from one seed. The two seeds of two natures are there for a reason....for us to weigh and measure light from dark.

So I still study the Bible along with other materials...constantly seeing the two natures of this world...spirit and matter...light and dark...love and hate....giving and taking....patients and force.

I think a perfect example of what you said about being condemned for writing a thread such as this is the secound day of the starting of this thread, it was moved out of the conspiracy of religions forum. For once, I am glad to not be following the crowd. Im very content in my own walk with Thee.

Peace and Happy Holidays to all,
LV

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Leo,
Ha, you sound like a long lost brother of mine, or sister if you a chick. Either way feels like a weird reunion of Minds.

It seems to be that that those that figure it out, are very few. The rest condemns the very few.

You should check out some of Joel Goldsmith's books. My freakin eyes popped out of my head when I started reading him. Its just so speechless.

The next step is One'ing one's egoless self with the transcendent God and in a sense no longer existing but still existing if it makes sense.

Jesus was saying that him and God are one and that he came so we also can be 1 with Jesus and God the way hie is one with God.

The stripping of the false self and becoming a pure unadulterated vessel.

Great post again, but I bet you most don't get. ANd I bet you most "Westernized CHristians read the first few lines, freaked out and left.

Sorry, Im using labels for people, when reality is labeless.

Take care

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to post by dominicus

Hello LeoVirgo,

I have been away from the forum for a week and have just now taken a small look at your thread here. Mainly because I saw dominicus had placed a reply and find that I enjoy reading his/her posts.

Anyway, I then read your post that he was replying to and was filled with joy for you.

I now have a new understanding of what Jesus said when he spoke of his body being our body and his blood being our blood.

We spoke a little about this on a previous occasion when you were still struggling with the concept.

It is pleasing to see that you have come to an understanding about it.

Perhaps I should take a few minutes now to read your opening post and the entire thread. Didn't you make two threads close together? I think I saw that, but didn't have the luxury of time to be able to read either of them. Is the other thread in this forum? HA! I'm rambling... I bet I could find the other thread easily enough if I looked around.

Libby

html edit

[edit on 26-12-2008 by L.I.B.]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Just some additions....(the following is NOT talking about Yaldabaoth, it is about God)

All of this was wonderful to read again.

For he does not exist in something inferior to him, since everything exists in him.

It is quite the day when an individual discovers that God is within, and then it is also a blessed event when it is discovered that it is actually we who are within God. Of course, there's scripture that says the same thing, but to actually know it is much different than intellectually absorbing it and reading it alone.

Just as though Jesus chose not to fight, we see the nature of the True Most High of all things. God is God, and I place faith that God has made a order that leads all lights back to Thee.

I have absolute faith, trust and confidence in God's plan that does, in fact, bring all back to Him/Her/It/Thee... Thee is so much more pleasant.

Mind if I borrow it from you? You and your mom were the first that I had ever seen use the term.

edit for html, as usual

[edit on 26-12-2008 by L.I.B.]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Eleleth

Hello Eleleth,

Now, let's put aside the actual veracity of what he is saying, because I somewhat doubt it myself. But here (and there are many other parallels after the link) he is clearly recounting the Gnostic creation myth in every detail. So is Anu Yaldabaoth? And if so, is the modern ET intervention conspiracy theory simply Gnosticism redux? And why have so few made this connection?

I haven't yet read the link you provided and maybe that would answer my question. Forgive me if it would, but are you essentially saying here that ET intervention is actually this Anu Yaldabaoth?

Thanks!

Libby

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.I.B.
I haven't yet read the link you provided and maybe that would answer my question. Forgive me if it would, but are you essentially saying here that ET intervention is actually this Anu Yaldabaoth?

Thanks!

Libby

Well, I am saying that the theory of ET intervention is highly Gnostic.

Actually, I believe that mainstream scholars have also drawn many parallels with Mesopotamian mythology. Anu is depicted, IIRC, as ruling over seven heavens, just as Yaldabaoth does. And again, the seven "gods who decree" are equivalent to the seven Archons.

The difference being that in the former, the souls fly to Anu, while the souls in the Gnostic conception are meant to fly past the Demiurge. So it sort of inverts the paradigm and turns the old Mesopotamian gods from benevolent to malevolent.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by Eleleth]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Eleleth

Okay. I see and understand.

It's been years since I've read the gnostic texts and so this is all a refresher for me.

Thank you.

Oh, since you seem to be conversant in this area, if a person in a vision had seen themselves riding a wave of light colored as the rainbow, would that be past the Demuirge (spelling!?) or not? Any ideas?

Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.I.B.
reply to post by Eleleth

Okay. I see and understand.

It's been years since I've read the gnostic texts and so this is all a refresher for me.

Thank you.

Oh, since you seem to be conversant in this area, if a person in a vision had seen themselves riding a wave of light colored as the rainbow, would that be past the Demuirge (spelling!?) or not? Any ideas?

Thanks again.

The seven colors of the rainbow could represent the seven steps of the Mithraic ladder:

The heavens were divided into seven spheres, each of which was conjoined with a planet. A sort of ladder, composed of eight superposed gates, the first seven of which were constructed of different metals, was the symbolic suggestion in the temples, of the road to be followed to reach the supreme region of the fixed stars. To pass from one story to the next, each time the wayfarer had to enter a gate guarded by an angel of Ormazd. The initiates alone, to whom the appropriate formulas had been taught, knew how to appease these inexorable guardians. As the soul traversed these different zones, it rid itself, as one would of garments, of the passions and faculties that it had received in its descent to the earth. It abandoned to the Moon its vital and nutritive energy, to Mercury its desires, to Venus its wicked appetites, to the Sun its intellectual capacities, to Mars its love of war, to Jupiter its ambitious dreams, to Saturn its inclinations. It was naked, stripped of every vice and every sensibility, when it penetrated the eighth heaven to enjoy there, as an essence supreme, and in the eternal light that bathed the gods, beatitude without end.

This is also seen in the Gospel of Mary:

19) The first form is darkness, the second desire, the third ignorance, the fourth is the excitement of death, the fifth is the kingdom of the flesh, the sixth is the foolish wisdom of flesh, the seventh is the wrathful wisdom. These are the seven powers of wrath.

Rainbows are also seen in Alchemical imagery, but as to exactly what they mean in that context, you'd have to ask someone else. From what I can gather it basically represents something similar to the Mithraic ladder, forming a bridge between the world of earth and the world of the gods.

So to answer your question, I don't know.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by Eleleth]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join