It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No dreams... ever?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'm on a flood of new topics today, but I feel this is just as important as many others here.

Same intro: Awake since very early age, intelligent and logical, always walks with integrtiy etc.

but... I never, ever have dreams. I might remember 1 every year, if even that. I understand this probably stems from just a very deep sleep state, but if the human mind dreams multiple times a night, and there are people who remember every single one, regardless of sleep state... then why can't I remember any?

I am starting to think a few things may be the cause:
1) Deeper sleep state than most humans
2) My brain seems to have formed and evolved so much differently than most, i am nearly 100% logical
3) I may not be human at all, as I have struggled with human emotions all my life
4) I may be a new soul, one that has no past experiences to dream about.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It is a good thing if you are not having dreams. The mind is still. Your ego isn't caught up in endless mindplay and storylines that are the true causes of human suffering.

However, you may just not remember any of your dreams. When the body sleeps, the brain releases hormones that prevent memory storage and remembrance.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
You may be having dreams all the time but simply have no memory of them.

There may be a fairly simple way to find out.

Get a friend to observe you when you are sleeping. Ask them to look for a certain stage in sleep called R.E.M. sleep. Im sure you have heard of this but just in case: R.E.M. sleep is when the person is dreaming. When a person is in R.E.M. sleep their eyes will move about under their eyelids. This is what your friend should look for.

There are various stages that happen in a normal nights sleep. R.E.M is usually nearer the end of the sleep period.

Hope this helps you find out if you dream or not.

MajikWand.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I haven't remembered any of my dreams for years now.
It's just normal now.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by retroviralsounds

Do you take any medications or experiment with any illegal drugs?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Nope. In fact whenever I am even prescribed something, unless its for a nasty infection, I dont even take those. I am completely against putting inorganic substances into my body.

And while I had my experimenting phase (college) I no longer do the sort (hypothetically speaking, if a very fine shipment of ganja comes around, I might buy some and keep it in my freezer for awhile... hypothetically speaking of course).

But this has been happening far beyond recent history... its been as long as I can remember. i just woke up from a very, very restful nights sleep (10-6a) and cannot remember a single thing. I fall asleep, and then I wake up. period. end of story.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Thats an interesting fact about the Ganga RetroV, I have noticed whenever I have a smoke I either do not dream or do not remember dreaming.

What do you think about the R.E.M. sleep thing?

MajikWand.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I wouldn't ever be able to even fall asleep, let alone dream with someone watching me. SO I fear that is not a possibility. Not dreaming does not disturb me, I just thought it odd.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hey OP, I think you will find these videos very interesting if you haven't seen them already.

Part one of five

According to this study, everyone dreams. And, when they deprive people of rem sleep, they will dream while they are awake. They did a study of people and deprived them of rem sleep. What they found was that each person regained every minute of rem sleep they were deprived of by dreaming earlier and longer until they regained all lost time.

I think you may be getting mass doses of '___' in your dream state. It keeps you from remembering.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by seawolf197]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
High level diamond mind training induces states of no rem cycles(can not cite as I do not have a copy of the journal nor can I find a digital copy, was Nature if memory serves) Tantric Yogi's experience similar things, ie removal of rem patterns through mental training. The only time I remember my dreams is during periods of extreme extreme stress or for a period after the use of hallucinogens. I've had a multi-night sleep study performed while in the service and found my average rem cycle is only 10-30minutes long... Maybe its a trait to deal with creativity or creative intelligence... Considering your field of expertise I would think that it would involve a combination of left/right brain functions that are a little more interconnected than a normal job might have you use...

~ LeAto

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Your not alone, and although i don't know what percentage people like you are, there are lots of you.

Whatever dreaming is, i also do not seem to do it.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If you really want to dream try this it works!

Sleep for your normal period of time and then do not get up, stay in bed, let your mind wander, fall asleep again beyond your normal sleep time.

You will have the most vivid, lucid dreams you've ever had.

Try it... I guarantee it to work.

Warning terrifying nightmares may occur, discontinue use of this suggestion if they do.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
If you really want to dream try this it works!

Sleep for your normal period of time and then do not get up, stay in bed, let your mind wander, fall asleep again beyond your normal sleep time.

You will have the most vivid, lucid dreams you've ever had.

Try it... I guarantee it to work.

Warning terrifying nightmares may occur, discontinue use of this suggestion if they do.

This actually worked for me two days ago, I woke up but just stayed in my bed awake for about 20 minutes, then fell back asleep and had a lucid dream.
Weekends are the best time to do this.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Everyone who has claimed to not have dreams that I was able to convince to try this had very lucid dreams and were quite shocked by them.

I don't know how or why it works but it does.

The mind is an amazing thing, and the dreams you can have at this time in my suggestion can take you into an imaginary alternate reality.

If you have any doubts simply try it... Make sure you can have it dark and as quite as possible, stay in bed, let your mind wander and go back to sleep!

Dream

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I used to be like this when I was younger. but as the dreams came I was able to predict little things that happens in short time of the future. Like I dreamed my dog had puppies and checked that same day she did, Uncle died the day I dreamed of him, Dreamed about having more spiritual powers and it came true, etc..

Atm I been trying to look at little signs of my grandma since I dreamed of her dead.

When I have awakened and chosen the spiritual path when i was 12 thats when I started to have mass dreams.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by KennyRJR]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Thats usually how it is for me. The few dreams I have (or remember) are very short, concise and to the point and usually are predictive of something. I have been dreaming recently about hitting the lottery. hmmmmmm.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I have had only two dreams that I can remember.

One I had while I was awake - but had just woken up. I was lying down and a dark shadow evolved above me - like it was on or above the roof, I felt like I was awake, but when I tried to move I could not. The shadow seemed like a fearful presence - and although I have no fear of death, and thought I had no fear at all - I was afraid, though not terrified.

The shadow seemed to be presence. Well, I tried to move my fingers, thought if I could move a finger then I could realise I was awake and ok, and jolt myself awake. I couldn't move at all, not even a finger - and the presence seemed to be like a weight on top of me. It was about 8'oclock in the morning by the way, and quite bright with sunlight coming through a nearby window.

The presence was like a crushing weight, and it slowly moved down on top of me, not pressing against me - I just had a feeling of weight, paralyzation, and some fear.

It came so close that all I could see was darkness - then I was in reality dreaming - because I was walking beside it, but it felt exactly like I was awake - everything seemed normal, like it was real. I dared not, or simply didn't want to look at it directly - but I had the feeling it had no form - but it followed me down a dark path, at my side and under a bridge. When I arrived under the bridge I felt like it moved close to me, like leaning to whisper in my ear. It spoke "Do not fear me, I love you."

I woke up - at that point I was actually completely scared. I never told anyone, because I thought people might think I am the devils child haha - well, that was my first ever dream.

My only other dream I can remember was like a movie - it was also a lucid type dream where I really felt everything was real - when I awoke I felt like I had slept, and I was in the same place - but the dream was clear to me, every detail.

It was night in my dream, and I noticed some movement above - I looked up - and there was a full moon, but it was bright, and slightly bluish. I was about to look away, when another moon appeared next to it - then another, and so on - all slightly different sizes. They appeared more rapidly, then less rapidly - then stopped appearing.

The rest is very long - and because I never really related this to anyone my memory of it is a bit faded. Basically aliens landed, the ships were squarish and no visible landing gear or wings - they opened at the front with a platform, like a troop carrier from WWII I guess.

They rounded up everyone and held us overnight, then forced everyone to do tests for intelligence, in booths at a terminal - they also took blood, and locked everyone into compounds. I fudged my test, (after the dream in the morning I had even remembered some of the questions - I can't anymore) - but I wanted to appear more stupid than I was so I flunked it a bit.

The aliens were humanoid, almost human faces, looking asian more than anything (??), short haired, and very sturdy (**Edited:I forgot - they wore masks at first, attached to the front of their helmets - like scary lizard skulls with fangs, later I saw them without the masks) - slightly taller than a human. The soldiers wore loose black jackets with something like velcro fasteners, or grey slacks. They had weapons that fitted over the backs of their hands - which could shock and cause mental confusion, they used it on me once, confusion. That it caused shock I saw when a couple guys ran for it. (Edited:They also carried what looked like truncheons - but only a few even took them out - and none ever used them) No-one I saw was killed. Some wore a flat band of metal around their necks as well, about 1 to 2 inches thick - they had different designs - I didn't know if they were ornamental or functional.

I went to sleep in the compound - then the dream ended. There was a lot more to that dream - it was interesting, but I wasn't overly afraid -I figured I would manage something - haha - I'm a bit over confident at all times I guess.

So two dreams - neither of them very nice - and both very lucid feeling - so i'm content if I don't have any more.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Amagnon]

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
This actually worked for me two days ago, I woke up but just stayed in my bed awake for about 20 minutes, then fell back asleep and had a lucid dream.
Weekends are the best time to do this.

This is when most of my dreams occur as well, at least the ones I can remember. OP just sleep in a few hours one weekend morning and see if it comes to you.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Don't complain i wish i didn't dream!

Its not always good. In fact I've probably had triple the amount of bad dreams to good. Reoccurring ones too.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

It's not unheard of to never dream, there are two possible causes for this.

A) Something is preventing you from entering, or maintaining REM Stage Sleep.
B) You are sleeping through REM then waking from a lesser Stage of Sleep.

Things such as Sleep Apnea or certain REM Suppressant Medication can cause you to either not stay in REM or never get REM Sleep. If you sleep all the way through REM then proceed into a lesser stage, such as Stage Two Sleep, prior to waking, you will dream but you will not recall your dreams. It is normal for people to go into REM three times a night, around 12:00am, 03:00am, and 05:00-0700am.This is set by your bodies circadian rhythm, so it is pretty much the same for everyone on the planet. It is not possible that you sleep deeper then anyone else, as there is no deeper stage of Sleep then REM, and this can be verified using a polygraph machine.

new topics

top topics

join