It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thing Happened

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Some thing happened. Doesn't really matter what, or weather it was real or imagined. Some thing happened and you saw your mortality. You know deep down in that place in your gut that place that speaks to you when you slow for a moment. the one that says get to work don't pretend any more. you now know you can in fact die. Not only can you, you will. You now know this for a certainty. that place wont let you forget it, it nags at you relentlessly pushing its agenda on you.

My advise to you is listen. Its that place that kept me alive on mission after mission. Moment after moment when others folded and fell I stood I trusted the place to direct me. You should do the same. Trust me once that place is awake every moment of down time will be dominated by it. All hope is not lost how ever. You can not get it to shut up but you can get it to quite down. The place has only one concern, living. It wants you to stay alive. it wants your loved one to stay alive.

To begin is not as hard as it sounds. If you like most you come home from work and veg for a bit in front of the television. Continue to do that. But while your doing that look around. Try to imagine some thing as simple as the power going out. How close is a light source. how close is a radio. How will you get news to see how long this is going to last.

That my friends is the begginning. and little steps like that are the only way I know of to calm down the nagging that you do to yourself when your mortality is questioned. Then go from there let one step lead to another. maybe put the flash light and radio beside the chair. then look around some more. find a problem fix a problem. Survival doesn't have to be rocket science. You can do this. Now go do it.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by angryamerican

Excellent thread AA.

Breaking the problems down and then finding the solutions most times can be simple but effective.

Stop, think and then improve the situation.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

To summerise and abreviate for brevity BE PREPARED.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on Sat Dec 27 2008 by Jbird]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

Its not just about being prepared its about listening to your gut on the need to get prepared. blame it on Evanescence Wake Me up Inside. That is what I was listing to on the radio as I penned that post.

So often we as advanced Survivalist talk over the heads of the begginners or those who have that gut feeling but dont know ware to start. Well I gave them two places to start. One listen to your gut and two take baby steps working with what ya know.

After all ya gotta walk before you can run.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
you should also point out the difference in the triggers, it's not always that violent wake-up call (like the first time i was shelled in the open) it's also that slow, twisting, nagging down deep, right below your stomach that is telling you day after day that something is WRONG....you see it on the news, you read it in the paper, you see it on the drive home, it's not in black and white it's that feeling you get from the clues "between the lines", nobody is saying it but everyone is thinking it. it's all gone horribly wrong, we went too far and it's just a matter of time.....we're screwed!!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If i may ask since my gut is leading me towards another juicy big mac...what are we preparing for....?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
the day the big macs are gone and you can't just run down the street and grab a bite, when your modern electronic life is no more and you do for your self.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentBlack
the day the big macs are gone and you can't just run down the street and grab a bite, when your modern electronic life is no more and you do for your self.

Yep that and a thousand other major and or minor crisis that our gut seems to know but our brains don't want to have a clue about. Its never just one thing nor should it ever be attempted to boil it down to one thing. Its that fact that makes Preparedness a daunting task and in a lot of cases will cause people to ignore that feeling.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentBlack

Hmmmmmm...im telling you ive had my ipod for 5 years that thing is still going strong....and why would we want to go backwards when we can go forwards.....and dont we do for ourselves now...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Had a little problem at work on Thursday, 9 below zero F and I had to have my staff outside trying to unload a truck of chemicals into a tank. Long and short of it we were out in the wind and cold from 0730 till 1300. The member of my staff I had out with my thinks like we do and I called him in and he put on his cold weather gear, I got my insulated coveralls out of my truck and we got the job done without drama or any cold weather injuries. We were prepared, didn't know why we both had our cold weather gear ready but it made things ever so much better. For us it was just another day at work, for the unprepared it would have turned into a mess. Trust your gut, that feeling in the back of your neck, it can make the difference between a little adventure and showing up on the 10 o'clock news.

Very good thread.

Evanescence Wake Me up Inside. Love that track.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
What you are talking about is called awareness in my book. True the levels only get deeper once you have the ability to turn a simple task into something extraordinary.

It can like you said, even the most mundane act when done with awareness has the ability to transform a situation whether real or imagined as you also said.

Yes good reminder and I do often do those 'little' checks as I am responsible for several small children and a very elderly woman, and lots of pets.

I do not let a day slip past that I am not planing survival in one aspect or another. What gets me is when I think about how in the first part of SHTF, how I will react, or respond.

TY for helping me step it up just one more notch.
Basic survival is something we should all know, but after the initial event, having the ability to really trust your own inner self is going to be more important than any other skill. I think about if there is NO communication, after all we all infojunkies, lol, then do I trust my plan enough to know the difference between help and a threat? What I mean is that if 'they' show up on the property, are they here to help or lead us into some nightmare existence in a FEMA camp? So, to react could be really stupid if they are just there to see if you have supplies, but on the other hand to trust when they have an evil agenda against us, well you see where I am going with this?

So yes, good thread and an important part of survival, actually it is the real meat and potatoes. Awareness. plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Bravo Friend! Maybe as military trained individuals we are alread taught to break down problems to their simplist forms, maybe I actually have a gift and nobody told me... Either way this is important for everyone to know about.

Problems may not be preventable... But they are survivable!

Let's not forget about the Lil dog's name they taught in Jump scool... F.I.D.O. = # It Drive On!

Or one of the best coaches in the NFL (Madden) stated: "Keep your poise; no matter what the scoreboard says- Keep your poise."

Survival is far more mental than it is physical. If you were aware enough BEFORE there was a reason to survive, you're chances of survival jump 300%.

Again: Great thread AA!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

I think our training helps us to reconise and to act upon it but we were trained to do it so others can be as well. Thats what Survival forums are all about sharing the knowledge so that others may live as well.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Absolutly! Not only that... But this IS the infomation age... You can get the actual military manuals for survival. Though they are not needed, for those who see the topic of Survival as too much to get theri brain around- they are a great start.

I have gone though a power outage with my son and he was fine, till the batteries died out of this lil PS whatever. It's amazing how little think of how much they loose off the power grid.

Survival is not a state of mind or a desire to excell. it's the simplist thing you can do to protect your longevity.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider

To summerise and abreviate for brevity BE PREPARED

Originally posted by Angry American
Its not just about being prepared its about listening to your gut on the need to get prepared. blame it on Evanescence Wake Me up Inside. That is what I was listing to on the radio as I penned that post.

So often we as advanced Survivalist talk over the heads of the begginners or those who have that gut feeling but dont know ware to start. Well I gave them two places to start. One listen to your gut and two take baby steps working with what ya know.

After all ya gotta walk before you can run.

I know exactly what the OP is saying, or at least trying to say. It's a matter of not only being be prepared, it's a matter of knowing that the more time you waist, the more it will come back to bite you in the @ss.

I've realized now that trying to get the word out on 9-11 is pointless... trying to warn others about the NWO doesn't really matter anymore... trying to get all this info out about what is really going down won't save you. You know why? Because even if you present this mountain of evidence to the public... They still won't believe it. Or even worse, they'll go out of their way to justify what has happened to America the last 7 years. They'll even say: "it's people like you that are bad for the country".

The board on this website that has the most important information is this one... The survival board. It's my last resort. While others can simply ignore the fact that we are behind enemy lines... I'll be building a stock pile of supplies for when Martial Law becomes reality.

I've choose to go back to sleep in regards to 9-11. Nobody wants to take it as serious as I do. Nobody around me wants to take action... If I can't wake them up... then I might as well go back to sleep just like them and focus on having the life of a "sheep", because without the power of the people, we don't stand a chance at stopping TPTB.

The only option we have left is to be ready.

Americans won't wake up. They need this system... and when the system fails by design (which in all likelihood is part of the plan)... Will you need to go to the store? Will you have to go out on the streets? Or will your house have what you need to survive for a year or two until the dust settles... Will you be able to protect your fortress from thieves?

Or maybe the better question is: Are you prepared spiritually? Maybe only God can save us from this inevitable doom and destruction we are about to witness.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Or maybe the better question is: Are you prepared spiritually? Maybe only God can save us from this inevitable doom and destruction we are about to witness.

I've never known God to stop a bullet... Or stop someone from raping the one you love.

It's a bad thing I know, but you gotta think that rational is out the window. Anger will take its place.

I believe that survival will be the answer. And the only justice will be in the barrel of a loaded gun.

(added end quote tags)

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
When I first meant my wife and her family I had a interest in preparedness but it seemed so over whelming. I didn't know ware or how to start. It was my father in law who set me on the right path. He told me just what was said here. break it down take small steps.

I had the illusion of having to completely change my life to be prepared for any sit-x event. Turns out you don't have to change your life at all just add to it. simple things like when shopping buy one more can then needed at that moment. Its simple.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Good thread my friend, very inspiring! Death is inevitable but its cause isn't necessarily so. Military training obviously does help in the ride of survival, breaking down problems and assessing the most important is an invaluable skill in the quest to survive.

That nagging feeling is always present, in one way or another. One thing I have learnt recently is don't take living for granted, we are only on this planet once and in my oppinion we need to make the most out of it.

Life works in strange ways, people who have never smoked/drank/and exercised regularly die of cancer, while the smokers, drinkers, and otherwise unhealthy people live till they are 90! Strange world we live in...

Without getting philosophical (and back on topic) I think your views relate to something that is very, VERY important regarding survival or survival situations ... Listening to your gut instincts!

Oh Merry Christmas guys & girls, I've not posted recently!

[edit on 27/12/08 by Death_Kron]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

I've never known God to stop a bullet... Or stop someone from raping the one you love.

It's a bad thing I know, but you gotta think that rational is out the window. Anger will take its place.

I believe that survival will be the answer. And the only justice will be in the barrel of a loaded gun.

(added end quote tags)

Unless God keeps a city, the watchman waketh in vain...

Notice that's there's no call to do away with the watchman, just a proper setting of priorities. Do all you can, trust God for the rest.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
why isn't this guy giving seminars. gosh he just change my life. 10 min. gone. ill never get them back.
Life is survival. Everything you do is to surve. Having fun on the other hand is a disraction we all can injoy. Not just sitting playing with our selves. Ok don't get me wrong being prepaired is good sure, but HAVE FUN! dam it, one of the biggest problems with this world is the worried dumb people who find it nessisary after a tragec accident to say ''it needs to change for everyone''. THE POPULATION IS HIGH ENOUGH AS IT IS! If you ask me people need to go out drinking and driving! Thats survival.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by eightpoundworld]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join