It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog-like alien?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Fast forward to the middle of this video, looks similar to me.

YouTube

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I saw this today, reminded me of the "thing" in the video.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
Fast forward to the middle of this video, looks similar to me.

YouTube

Yes I have watched it repeatedly though and still don't see a greyhound and certainly not a deer.

Here is what I see midway through the strange video:

What is up with those elongated legs??

A greyhounds legs aren't that distorted and again...no tail or snout but a very round head. Now look...you notice the distance between the curb and the divider? This creature is closer in size to the front width of the average car or longer, and is moving so fast if I saw it at night it would be a blur.

Swerve?

This thing is moving so fast it would be more like "honey, did you just see something cross the road?" That car wasn't close enough to even hit that creature.

I'm not sure what this creature is.

I'm leaning toward either CGI or the "unknown" but it can't be a common animal.

- Lee

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

I wouldn't call it an alien, to be sure, but I have seen plenty of deer jumping across the highway whereas the drivers don’t notice them unless or until they’ve hit one. From the window of a motel room alongside I-70 just outside of KCMO, I’ve seen a deer run across the highway, get “clipped” by a car, spin in the air, hit the ground, breaking a leg in the process, then turn around and run back the same way it just came from. Not a single car hit the brakes accept for the car that “clipped” the deer, and he pulled off the road about a quarter mile from the event to look over his car. I don’t think he even knew what happened.

So, I wouldn’t base the idea that the video is a fake because no one noticed an animal running across the road, but I certainly wouldn’t jump to the conclusion that it is an alien either. From the vantage point of the video, the quality of the video, the frame rate and obvious blur of the animal, it is nothing more than a guessing game as to what kind of animal it is, but it doesn’t appear to be anything paranormal or unusual. It could easily be a deer, a Greyhound, a Great Dane, a large cat, etc. If it is CG, someone went through a waste of time to show nothing. To me the only bogus thing about it, is calling it an alien crossing the road.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Looks like a greyhound to me, or a large sick animal.

Nothing to see here, move along.....

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies. I am all for putting this in the fake area but would prefer real evidence first, I know that is difficult with just a video from an unknown source.

It certainly moves smoothly and greyhound like but Lee's outline gives it an almost human appearance.

I found this which mentions big cats from the same area of the video.

www.scottishbigcats.co.uk...

Notice the comments on the head of the cat:

...the size of a labrador with a long tail and a small round head.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Great Dane is more likely than a greyhound...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
If i had to say i would say grey hound. but its also possible that its a hybrid with another type of dog/wolf possibly a grey hound with its long legs with a husky or somthing with a more rounded head. or this is realy far out there if it does have horns saw somebody say that before, it could be a hybrid between a dog and some sort of oother animal. deer or somthing like that maybe goverment involved, juts my thoughts

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Poet Of Deception
This is a CGI fake! I think i should add it to the FA! Moderators can someone please add this to The Fake Archives!

Thanks

pod x

it's a real honest to goodness deer.

not a CGI deer.

-

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Absolutely. As a resident of Pennsylvania, where deer are pests, I can clearly see this is a deer.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Watch the video more than once!

The way the creature moves doesn't correspond to any other creature especially a dog or a deer!

The characteristics don't exactly look like a deer do they!

Watch the way the creature moves pause it a couple of times!

you can see the frame rates change!

Its probably a media student or graduate experimenting with some software or something!

I am sorry to burst your bubbles but it is a fake hands down!

Lmao, I bet you posted that with a straight face too..

It's "probably" a media student or graduate experimenting with "some software or something" - Zing! Conclusive statements right there!

Well as long as you've seen video's before and can say for sure that it's probably some student or someone using some software or something, we can close ATS down and just run things past you from now on...

I say it's just a deer. The frame rate is far too low to capture any detailed images of it, which in combination with youtubes lossy compression, makes for a very obscure video. It does appear too large for a dog though it may just appear larger than it is from the perspective...

But it doesn't remotely look like an alien to me. Pretty sure that if grey's have the technology to flitter about space and time and dimensions et al, they're walking upright and not galloping across busy roads at night !

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Its also discussed in this thread.

And most people seems to agree on either dog or deer.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WishForWings

I saw this today, reminded me of the "thing" in the video.

That's the 'Montak Monster'

here .

And the head is photoshopped on. Clearly, this part is photoshopped on to the animal (probably a dog). Notice the front legs are tied with a cloth.

Sea turtle head:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

It does matter because people on ATS need to know which video's are "Fake" and which are "Genuine" or at least unexplained!

I can tell you however that this is fake from experience of watching a similar style of video!

I think most people could point out that it is a fake instantly when the creature makes its appearance over the road!

Anyone who claims that they can tell with certainty that this video was CGI'ed (unfortunately - you) has just permanently ruined their reputation of video analysis.

Anybody with even the slightest common sense will realize immediately that the picture quality and frame rate of this video is far too poor to detect any CGI "fingerprints".

From what I can see:

- Lighting is flawless - no inconsistencies whatsoever, even when the animal moves in front of the headlight, (you can see the headlight casting a second elongated shadow, etc.)

- The inconsistent frame rate of the cars/everything else matches the inconsistent frame rate of the animal.

So as far as can be determined from this video, there's nothing that indicates it to be CGI. This doesn't mean that it's not, but if it is, it's done very well and would probably be difficult to detect even if a high-res version of the video was available.

Now on the less technical side, I'd say there's no reason why this would be CGI. It's just an animal crossing a highway! What's the big problem with it being real that you would embarrass yourself trying to "prove" it's fake?

People accusing things like this to be CGI is really a disgrace and embarrassment to any truly "unbiased" skeptic.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

That's the 'Montak Monster'

And the head is photoshopped on. Clearly, this part is photoshopped on to the animal (probably a dog). Notice the front legs are tied with a cloth.

No photoshopping required. Compare the "Mauntak Monster's" head with a raccoon skull.

It's a raccoon. I thought it was settled.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The characteristics don't exactly look like a deer do they!

Watch the way the creature moves pause it a couple of times!

you can see the frame rates change!

Actually the jump is very deer like, or even greyhound like. I would lean towards the deer as i've seen them on the motorway before.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Case closed! It seems our animal is fleeing from an attack in which it lost its tail... here is an authentic picture of the creature in its natural environment.

www.fixmyfigurine.com...

[edit on 21-12-2008 by and14263]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Its phantom-like characteristics and shape make me think of a chupacabra(is the spelling correct?). If it was less opaque I could have gone along with some mutated or hybrid animal species.

Who really knows? All I know is that shouting fake without even examining the video shows baism!

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I like how Poet Of Deception just dissapeared all of a sudden, lol.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I watched this video probably 20 times...and even from the first viewing I thought it looked like a greyhound. I asked my dad to come in and watch the video and tell me what HE thought it was and he said it looked like a greyhound without me telling him my opinion. My father is a truck driver and has seen many an animal cross a highway. We both agreed that we probably wouldn't have swerved because the animal clearly had enough time to make it across the street without any driver needing to swerve.

I then watched the second video that was posted with the jumping greyhound and I was more convinced than ever. I've seen the stills and I think the elongated legs are a combination of angle and video quality, things appear blurred. But there is a part when the dog jumps over the divider where I clearly see a tail.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join