It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog-like alien?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I've just been looking at this *tube members videos and spotted this.

uk.youtube.com...

It looks too big to be a dog and moves quite swiftly with its oversized limbs. However it is odd that it is right along the contre of the screen. Maybe it could be a big cat or something? (Like, not a pet cat but a panther or something).

[edit on 20-12-2008 by and14263]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Lol. It sorta looks like the werewolf in Harry Potter.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Looks like a deer to me to be honest.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Might have horns on it's head too which is always pretty scary. LOL, I think it's a deer.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This is a CGI fake! I think i should add it to the FA! Moderators can someone please add this to The Fake Archives!

Thanks

pod x

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I don't know that it's a "fake". The shadows and movements are fairly consistent. Why couldn't it be a great dane? Or skinny deer? I'm sure there's nothing fake about this, the only question is, what is it..

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by -NewSense-

I have seen many videos like this and trust me its a fake!

The car on the right hand lane doesn't break a little bit or swerve into the next lane to avoid it!

The creature itself if you look closely has a glowing effect on it, which can be targetted with software!

The whole concept of the video is similar to many other video's i would be willing to show you, uses the same software and CGI program to create a video such as this one!

[edit on 20-12-2008 by Poet Of Deception]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I guess I could take your word for it, considering I have absolutely 0 knowledge in the creation of hoax videos. Either way, there's nothing special or groundbreaking about the video so...does it matter?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by -NewSense-

It does matter because people on ATS need to know which video's are "Fake" and which are "Genuine" or at least unexplained!

I can tell you however that this is fake from experience of watching a similar style of video!

I think most people could point out that it is a fake instantly when the creature makes its appearance over the road!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I doubt it's a fake. The car doesn't swerve because the driver would not see the greyhound until it passed through his headlight beam.

And yeah, that's a greyhound.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I thought it was a deer at first, now it does look like a greyhound or a complete fake. You really think this is an alien?

[edit on 20-12-2008 by Raustin]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ok well, I've seen my fair share of videos and I'm sorry to say that I just don't see this as fake. I don't see anything luminescent about the creature that can't be explained by the street lights.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
the car also doesnt need to swerve to miss it,the dog/deer/whatever has plenty of time to cross infront of the car

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Watch the video more than once!

The way the creature moves doesn't correspond to any other creature especially a dog or a deer!

The characteristics don't exactly look like a deer do they!

Watch the way the creature moves pause it a couple of times!

you can see the frame rates change!

Its probably a media student or graduate experimenting with some software or something!

I am sorry to burst your bubbles but it is a fake hands down!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Definitely looks like a greyhound to me

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Lol, you seem just a little too excited to disprove this video. And do you really think I watched it only once and made up my mind of what I saw? Get real, of course I watched it multiple times, and paused it here and there. I still stand by what I say...nothing leads me to believe this is fake. How about you duplicate it, mr. I know everything about video hoaxing and then maybe I'll give your ramblings some merit.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This looks CGI from the moment I clicked play.
There doesn't appear to be a reaction from the driver on the right side, IF you saw something like that.. especially being something "supernatural" you'd probably brake.. or swerve.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
c'mon its a freakin deer...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Poet Of Deception
I have seen many videos like this and trust me its a fake!

No.
You have to explain why it is, as I do not know you nor your experience in video analysis or CGI effects.

Sorry but that is not good enough.

The car on the right hand lane doesn't break a little bit or swerve into the next lane to avoid it!

This again is not proof of a fake.

You do know that many people hit deer and other animals on the road. They hit them head on, and without having "swerved" because they are taken by surprise by the animal in questions sudden appearance. Most people aren't looking for animals on the roads and highways, they are looking for other motorists. Just ride the highways for a little while and you can see that not everyone swerves to avoid animals. The highways (especially in the more rural areas) are peppered with roadkill. This could be due to poor attention being given while driving (cellphones, conversations) or simply not having quick enough reaction timing.

People also hit other cars head on as well. They are bit more visually obvious I would assume than a deer but nevertheless this happens.

If every drivers first instinct when encountering an unexpected animal while driving is to swerve and avoid it how do you account for people hitting these animals head on, and like a friend of mine...ending up with a pissed-off bloody wild turkey thrashing about in your front seat?

The creature itself if you look closely has a glowing effect on it, which can be targetted with software!

I do not see a glowing effect.
The only glow is when it is briefly in the headlights.

I do not claim this video to be authentic, certainly there is a high possibility of this being fake, but no one has proven this yet. It doesn't look like any animal I have ever seen, nor does it scream "CGI" but again it could very well be. I just don't think it is as obvious as you claim.

- Lee

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yossarian
And yeah, that's a greyhound.

I'm not so sure.
It's limbs are abnormally elongated and the head is a bit too round.

Here look at this outline I made:

It may be CGI, it may be some sort of an "unknown" animal, but it certainly doesn't look like any Greyhound I've ever seen.

Where are the ears, the tail, and the snout?
Maybe a "muted" or deformed greyhound.

- Lee

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join