It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brother-in-laws Perth UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
My brother-in-law in Australia sent us a CD full of photos. One of which seemed to contain a very odd object off in the distance. I am not exactly sure what it is and zooming in doesn't seem to help at all. It seems to be some sort of flying object or animal but the size is unusual in comparison to the objects around it.

FULL IMAGE

It could be a plane I suppose, although I don't know about it's size and shape. My brother-in-law isn't one to fake, let alone discuss in detail, UFO's or the possibility of the existence of extra-dimensional/inter-dimensional life. He'd rather discuss more "practical" things like the economy, politics and employment. He has little to say about the image other than a "shrug" but I am not sure he knows which photo I am referring to. Also his English and my Serbo-Croatian aren't excellent but I will have my wife ask him over the phone later.

Anyone have any idea what this is?
Anyone in Perth seen this sort of thing in the sky before?

I'm not saying either way, I honestly just don't know.

P.S. Why do the skies in Perth look so...unreal?

- Lee

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It looks like a bird. Possibly a swallow.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I have to agree with phage.

Zoom in and look at it.

The bird is flying from right to left, with both wings up and out from it's sides, slightly tucked inwards, as if on the glide after getting up speed/height.

I'm 99% sure that it is a bird.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Surley that cant be a bird, judging by the distance and size? It must be a pretty dam big bird dont ya think? A swallow that far away would'nt even show up on the image, i would have thought!

IP

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Hey lee,

I'm not sure what it is.
Here's a list of Birds of Western Australia.
Could be a Cylon fighter.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yep, my thoughts too.

Swallows are a bit of a pain in Perth.

www.feralbirdmanagement.com.au...

The Swallow is a common resident of open air spaces around Perth, whether it be over bushland, roads or open grassed areas. It has benefited from the urban spread, using buildings and fixtures as suitable nesting sites. It is very vocal, calling constantly when in flight or perching, especially when arriving at a nest. It gets its name from the habit of building nests above doorways or on porches. The Swallow may be partially migratory with populations decreasing in summer, and increasing again in autumn. Their flocks can become quite large, with up to 100 birds or more, and will perch along powerlines or fences to regroup. They can be found all over Perth in all habitat types.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
P.S. Why do the skies in Perth look so...unreal?

- Lee

Unreal in what way?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I suppose I've given away the fact that I haven't seen a clear blue sky in a while lol.

Anyway thanks for the replies and I suppose it is a bird after all.

Chao.

- Lee

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
It certainly has the shape of a swallow but like some others in this thread, I think it looks too big to be one. It does appear to be beyond the buildings but I'm not ruling out optical illusion.

With a bit of a squint, part of me thinks it could be a helicopter facing 7:00 o'clock.

IRM

new topics

top topics

join