It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are So Many People Against Gay's

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti - Government
So many people nowadays are just so incredibly Homophobic and I can’t seem to figure out an actually good reason why like for example all the groups of people who are campaigning to get rid of same sex marriage and why, what for

I personally am not gay but I do get annoyed when people take the **** out of others because they are.
I have a gay friend and some people are more than happy to make fun of him or if im just sitting with friends they would happily make fun of someone who is gay and laugh and joke over it

and the same sex marriage deal I see no problem with it at all sadly millions of people don’t share the same opinion they are openly and actively trying to get it stopped because its "not natural" sadly most of these people trying to stop this are Christians and no offence but Christianity doesn’t really have the high ground when it comes to something Natural

[edit on 20-12-2008 by Anti - Government]

I can tell you why. GOD gave us instruction to go and multiply. I would like to see you try that if you are a -SNIP- or a lesbian. I not sure but I just don't think that would work at all. Just another way to "control" the population you see. That's not what GOD had in mind for us at all However if you are not a Christian then I suggest that you go ahead and try but the bible tells that gaiety is a "SIN". Did you ever read about Sodom and Gomorrah?? That should help with some of your thoughts on the subject. I seriously doubt it, but I do hope that this helps to shed some light on what seems like a very dark personality...sabre11004..

Mod Edit For Disparaging Reference. Please Review The Following Link.

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.
Terms and Conditions

[edit on Thu, 26 Feb 2009 14:53:37 -0600 by MemoryShock]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

well I don't hate gays but I do hate why they think they need to have a same sex marriage.

I mean if we have a same sex marriage then it open up loopholes for people to get married to get around with tax laws and other stuff.

Also today we are losing the purpose of marriage. I personally belive if we have same sex marriages then any marriage won't matter.

Everyone will get married just like buying clothes. They get married for a month then divorce and get re-married and the cycle goes on and one.

I am just saying that marriage will lose it's value. If anyone can get a marriage license because of same sex marriage then why not legalize people marrying their computers?

What about marrying a dvd player???

I mean it gets to a point when we have to say no.

They do have a right to express themselves . Guys can have boyfriends etc. It's just they should be be able to get married cause if that gets ok then what about the other people.

I mean would a kid be able to marry his playstation 3 ???

the marriage will become a joke in the future. People will get weird out and I would think confused on what our rights are.

I am against same sex marriage but I don't hate gays in any manner.

They do have a right to do what they want but marriage is something they have no right doing legally.

those are my thoughts. I seen gay guy's in my high school many pick on them.

I never was friends with a gay guy but I did talk to them couple times and some were my science partner.

When I am with them I feel weird and strange. Cause they act odd. I don't have a problem with them it's just I don't have anything in common with them.

People that are really religious I seen them like hate gays for being gay etc.

I know a kid in high school that beat up a gay kid for being that way.

That kid the beat the gay kid up was a religious kid. He kept a bible in his backpack.

He would preach to me and other people that don't fully believe there is a god.

The kid also loves to fight and he works out 24/7 and really is ripped.

Just adding on to this thread. The reason most hate gays is cause they are different.

People are closed minded. Well most are. When they hear things that the media or their religion doesn't agree to then they will beat you up or keep fighting what your saying and would then make you look like a nut.

So weather your gay or different or think differently then the closed minded people they will attack you.

They want to force you to think what they think in many ways.

If you don't believe me flip on the TV or watch how glen beck gets dirt thrown on him for being the only news shows that shows the true news.

Hopefully that answers your question on why people hate gays. This is what I have absorbed.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by computerwiz32]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
If I haven't posted in this thread yet let it be known that I do not hate gay people and I know of very few people that do. Having a hard time thinking of someone I know personally for that matter. They (some of my friends and relatives) just want to be free to love those who they love and get the same bennies that straight people get for committing to long term relationships. Call it marriage or whatever.

Maybe people that are against gays are afraid of their own feelings or have only been fed stereotypes like the yearly news footage of a love parade in Berlin or San Fran. Spread the word - gays are people too. Nothing to be afraid about.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

I gave you a star and a flag. I ask myself the same thing all the time! I'm not gay, but I just can't wrap my brain around why people think they are any different, especially when it comes to the marriage thing. They are human too and deserve to be treated like it. JMO.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think it may be because of the Islamic terrorists. The video's they keep sending to the world's cable news outlets are rife with violent Homosexual, specifically lesbian, undertones.

At the subconscious level the entire planet is constantly being threatened with death and torture by violent Amazons and its beginning to get to the point where the whole gay thing is just tedious and noone wants to deal with it anymore. Stop the Al Qaeda videos and the gay movement might make a comback; its really freaking people out.

Will and Grace and the MakeOver guys, were somewhat popular and I don't think gays have to worry about anything serious. Honestly though, the gay agenda is about as interesting as Rap music. The honeymoon is over.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by huckfinn]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarmonkey

well the marriage thing like I stated. yes gays have a right to marry a women. They can not marry a man legally.

they can have a secrete marriage but in the law of the U.S gays can't marry men.

If we have same sex marriage then what about the computers geeks??? we are human too should we have the right to marry a computer or a server?

I mean that is why we don't allow same sex marriage cause it becomes a joke. In the laws of the land.

I don't have anything against it just that the legal status should be kept as marriage only for opposite sexes.

that are the reason. They are not afraid. Religious people that are closed minded will hate gays for being different. For not believing what they believe.

The reason is that religious people believe that man and women can only get married cause they can populate the society.

Now when many people believe this and some people come out and say I am a guy and I want to marry a man. This just basically tells these religious people like saying screw your believes I want what I want.

that is parts of the reason. If you can't understand that then you will never understand the other side of things.

Just saying.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by huckfinn

What??? lol hahahahahaha
wow you blame Al Qaeda????

ahahhaha

maybe we need to blame Bush and the fairy bunnies. Why not blame the Trees and the aliens and the U.S gov and mmm.... lets toos in the IRS and the federal bank for the cause why people hate gays??

wow....... you must be on something man... breath in
then breath out

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

you said
"I mean it gets to a point when we have to say no. "
What point is that, right up to hetero marriage BANG stop there. No leaway? And what sanctity of marriage is there left anyway? Do you mean those 15 minute pop star marriages? Oooh yeah, there's your sacred ceremony right there.

And i tell you what, the ONLY reason my partner and I got "garried" (as I call it) Was because of the tax stuff and legal stuff. That's it. To be recognised as a couple in the eyes of the law is a little helpful. I, quite frankly, couldn't give a flying monkeys @#@# what hate filled folk think. It's here, so .....ner nee ner nee ner ner.

[edit on 26/2/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

Those al Qaeda videos are so effective because at the subconscious level of our minds a violent lesbian is threatening to carry you off to a dungeon, tie you down, and forceably perform sex acts on you until you like it. You may be heterosexual and they keep challenging this and it makes you feel uncomfortable. You conscious response is homophobia.

You must be one of those people with their eyes wide shut not to see this. Now that's subliminal.

Each month or so, its like America receives a unsolicited call from a gay phone sex operator.

I'd like to hear your explanation for the homophobia. Let me guess...People are just stupid...Wow, that response required a lot of thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join