It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ENOUGH!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'm disgusted with everything.

The corruption in government, the endless propaganda, the ceaseless lying, insidious and cold advertising, the decline in morals, the bogus war on terrorism, the horrific death, war, genetically modified foods, the new world order, globalism, greed, hunger, disease...

WHAT THE #!?

God dammit, we are #ing people. I'm sick of being told how to look, how to eat, what to wear, when to cry, when to be tough, what to do with my life, where to live, how to get a job and sit in a #ing cubicle all day to make enough money to sit on my ass and drool while watching soap operas and sporting events where I say,

"Man I wish I could run a pigskin like that guy,"

where success in a society is based on how much you # on other people and how much money you make, and how big your house is, and how hot your wife is, and "how much ass you get."

WHAT THE # IS GOING ON WITH THIS WORLD.

I'm American, but I'm a human DAMMIT.

I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS # ANY MORE. I'VE REACHED MY BOILING POINT.

Never before in the history of the world have we had such a ripe opportunity to distinguish the flames of war, feed the hungry, return to morality, and to unite as a race, under the banner of freedom.

It has been near 40 years since we last touched the surface of the moon.

40 years...

When, under the blanket of nuclear war, we managed to send a few brave men to that ever-present body up in the sky, that had been written and dreamed about for thousands of years.

Scholars, Astronomers, and Philosophers from ages past would stare up at the moon in awe, pondering what it would be like to walk on the surface.

We have achieved those dreams, and accomplished great things, yet we still have so far to go.

You're telling me we can get to the moon, but we can't solve the problem of starvation?

You're telling me we can reach for the stars, but never escape from our primal instincts to murder and kill?

What the # happened?

In the meantime we've invaded Vietnam, destroyed our economy, killed leaders, lost our values, invaded Iraq, invaded Afghanistan, allowed genocide to happen in Darfur, tortured people we deemed to be 'terrorists', made a mockery of human rights, raped our planet, failed our children....

WHAT THE #!?!

Get off your ass right now, go get a hammer, and put it through the #ING TV SCREEN. Get a lighter, pour it all over, and watch the damn thing burn in the cold December air.

Pick up the phone, tell your friends, family, and people you don't even know to do the same. IT IS TIME, NOW IS TIME, TO WRENCH YOUR MIND FROM THE INDIFFERENT DEPTHS OF INSANITY.

YOU ARE HUMAN. YOU ARE WORTH SOMETHING. YOU'RE FINE THE WAY YOU ARE, AS LONG AS YOU ARE HAPPY.

# THE TV! # VOGUE MAGAZINE! # THE NEW WORLD ORDER!

STOP TALKING, AND START ACTING. You have been lulled into submission by a talking box.

THE GREATEST NATION ON EARTH HAS BEEN LULLED INTO SUBMISSION BY A #ING TALKING BOX WITH PICTURES AND SOUND.

You don't like the current state of affairs? GET OFF YOUR ASS AND GO PROTEST.

You don't like how the government is doing things? GET OFF YOUR ASS AND GO SCREAM OUTSIDE THEIR OFFICES AND STAND ON THE CAPITOL STEPS UNTIL THEY GET THE DAMN MESSAGE.

You don't like your job? #ING QUIT. THE SYSTEM NEEDS YOU TO RELY ON IT. WITHOUT YOU, THE SYSTEM DIES.

You don't like the state of the economy? GET OUT THERE AND PROTEST DAMMIT.

You don't like globalism? WITHDRAW FROM THE SYSTEM.

The time has come to act. No more will you sit around, docile like a dolphin. No more will you watch as the world crumbles around you. No more will you sit on Abovetopsecret.com and complain about the state of affairs while doing little to help.

You complain about the sheeple. Who are these people but those who are afraid and don't understand?

GIVE THEM HOPE! GET OUT THERE AND HELP THEM UNDERSTAND. THEY ARE PEOPLE DAMMIT, THEY CAN UNDERSTAND!

Who cares if some think you're crazy. You know you're right.

Do we want to be the generation that lets this country die, and the world fall into chaos?

Or will we be the greatest generation that has ever lived.

A generation bound to travel the stars, a generation that cures disease, a generation forged in fire and strong like stone.

A generation that stood in the face of its own destruction and great uncertainty, and forged a new path through the halls of darkness like an exploding sun.

You are revolution; the peaceful revolution. The world needs you.

These are revolutionary times.

Men will look back with envy upon these days and years, wishing they had their chance at impacting the world like we do.

The rolling plains of opportunity are set out before you, it's your duty to build on them, and to care for each other on the way.

I may be called idealistic, I may be called a dreamer, but dammit to hell, I WILL NOT STAND BY AS THE STORM BUILDS ALL AROUND ME.

I will not die knowing I could have done more. I will die a satisfied man, knowing I did all I could do.

Please, will you join me?

For country.
For humanity.
For life.

[edit on 20-12-2008 by JipStix]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I am always with you.

I struggle with more or less the same feelings, so you are not alone.

I met a guy who spent 15 years as a monk in India and he said to me (conserning something else, but whatever):
"The first step towards enlightenment is to have the feeling that something is wrong".

I would suggest you to study spiritual works to detach your mind from the nonsense provided by the materialistic crap we are fed with and made believe is all that matters.
To be honest, the material world is nothing. Just something that we have to go through for some reason.
But I hear you, it sucks!

So hang on pal, you are on the right path. Your feeling of distress is a healthy feeling, it shows that you are starting to understand and that you are taking the first painful steps on the path towards eternal light and a world beyond this load'a crappola!

You rock.

[edit on 22-12-2008 by Raud]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

I'd like to suggest a laxative, a mild sedative, a snifter of brandy, and a fine cigar, in that order. They will help you calm down before you go aplopeptic.

I'm sick of being told how to look, how to eat, what to wear, when to cry, when to be tough, what to do with my life, where to live, how to get a job and sit in a #ing cubicle all day to make enough money to sit on my ass and drool while watching soap operas and sporting events where I say,

"Man I wish I could run a pigskin like that guy,"

See, I don't have any of these problems at all. I do what I want, when I want. But that didn't come overnight.

Have patience, grasshopper.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It comes with a strong psychological awakening. You suddenly realize you don't have to conform but more importantly...you don't have to fight to break the conformity either. Just live as you will...I think you are already on the way. If you want to do something that is -abnormal- so long as it harms nobody then do it

Have Fun

-Kyo

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

See, I don't have any of these problems at all. I do what I want, when I want. But that didn't come overnight.

Have patience, grasshopper.

I wish I could do this too, but I will first need money to afford my own flat, rent, buy, whatever. Then the capital and ideas to build my own business. I may even completely live off the grid, as soon as I can assure my parents could sustain themselves.

Anyway, no need to insult anybody. And sounds like you're still not what you claim to be
Cheers!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
That was an epic rant.

Don't let conformity, or the urge to conform, get you down. Sometimes it's not easy to be you. But in the end you're the one that's gotta live with you, everyone else can leave, you can't.

Be you, and let the chips fall where they may. Or not...

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

I think the main problem now is that we are noticing what is going on. We have always been engaged in some type of war or illegal behavior. And as far as morals go, our Founding Fathers all had mistresses and most owned slaves.

People think the 1950s were ideal, but we had secret assassinations going on and had fought Korea. (Vietnam was beginning to boil back then.)

On morals of the 1950s, rich girls would go out of town to get an abortion (poor girls would have the child and be forced to put it up for adoption). Segregation in the South was widespread (and was also practiced in the North). It took the evening news in the 1960s showing innocent people being sprayed with water canons before the laws were changed. That is one of the few examples where TV has done some good.

Wars, immorality and such are nothing new. We now have 24/7 cable news channels and bloggers on the internet who have nothing but time on their hands. Nothing sells like a good scandal or gloom and doom story.

[edit on 7/17/2009 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Anyway, no need to insult anybody. And sounds like you're still not what you claim to be
Cheers!

I couldn't be happier if I was twins. But I didn't achieve this overnight. And I found out early on that the energy expended whining about how bad the world is was just wasted energy. I've even managed to learn to ignore backhanded insults.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Wasted energy?

Whining about the world?

It's called having concern for the current state of affairs and wanting to do something to change things. And you think that a laxative, a sedative, a snifter of brandy, and a fine cigar are a substitute for doing something to positively change the world?

That would be called 'shrinking away,' and is what people who don't have a backbone enough to fight do. There's nothing wrong with relaxing, but there is something wrong when you turn away from wanting to do something and retreat to background. This attitude of complacency is precisely what got us to where we are today.

And you said that you don't have any of these problems at all? So you're not angry that we aren't more advanced as a species right now? You're not angry about the erosion of our civil liberties? You're not angry about Iraq? You're not angry about starvation?

I mean, I look at the current problems we're having. I'm not 'whining' about the problems of the world, I actually go out and do things to help.

It's not 'wasted energy,' it's called putting in the energy to try and make this country a better place.

I'm sorry if I'm passionate about it, I just can't help it.

I mean I can't help if you'd rather drink and smoke a cigar than help change things, that's your choice. A lot of people can't and won't do it, because they have what you call a 'fighting spirit.'

It's also easy to go into an old thread, aka a thread from December of 2008, and nitpick a sentence out to fit your needs, whatever those are.

The question you really have to ask is: Would you have replied to this thread if I hadn't commented on yours?

Or better yet, if my comment had been in support of your viewpoint, would you have taken the effort to browse through my profile?

[edit on 18-7-2009 by JipStix]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

Originally posted by JipStix

Wasted energy?

Whining about the world?
:
:
It's not 'wasted energy,' it's called putting in the energy to try and make this country a better place.

Oh Jeez, please stop with the angry young man routine. And stop giving yourself more credit than you are due. Your personal attacks do not bother me in the least, believe me.

You still live at home. That's a big part of your frustration, no insult intended.

But look at your OP. Wailing about how you are "sick of being told how to look, how to eat, what to wear, when to cry, when to be tough, what to do with my life, where to live, how to get a job and sit in a #ing cubicle all day to make enough money to sit on my ass and drool while watching soap operas and sporting events".

That sounds like the rant of a recalcitrant teenager. AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT, WE ALL HAD TO GO THROUGH IT.

Quit your job, grow your hair out, eat what you want, get out of that cubicle, and don't worry about the money. It will come, if you are deserving. Right now you are doing nothing to 'make this country a better place'.

That's all; just some friendly advice.

I have enacted much change in my life. I did it by getting involved, and in the process became very successful. Had I adopted your defeatist attitude, I'd probably still be living at home, too.

Smile.
Things will get better.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
#1.

What would the fact that I currently live at home have to do with the fact that we are a species that is wasting our potential? I think your association fails poorly in trying to couple my ideas and my current living status. If I could find a job, and lived on my own, my views would still be the same, so my living situation has very little to with how I feel.

I've been at school 5,000 miles from home for 4 years, so I certainly don't have a closed mind and I'm not a fool. I don't know it all, and would never claim to, but I am learning more every day. My frustration stems from the old way of doing things; we can and HAVE to do better than we are now.

Of course, older folks (NOT AN INSULT, please don't take it that way, you seem to take a lot of things as personal attacks, they aren't meant that way), are more set in their ways and less willing to change. I've accepted that the youth will be instrumental in helping us to achieve our true potential. People can always change, but in the end the younger people will be more willing to go in a new direction.

Don't take it as some 'Obama Change' BS, as I do not support Obama at all. Take it as a yearning for a better society, where we can better address the problems we have. I'm talking about a society where we can run our power from tidal generators, geothermal power plants, wind and solar. Where people are self sufficient, and there is liberty for all, but if you need help you can find it. It's not paradise or Valhalla, it's just a better world. I mean I guess I'm just a stupid idealist, but I'll keep helping people until the day I die.

And please, you can't seriously admit that you are happy with the current state of affairs? The world is a mess. I mean I KNOW I can't seriously affect or prevent war, or influence international issues, but I can at least try to help those around me and use my voice to protest when needed. If everyone in this country would stand up and protest, do you think we'd still be in Iraq or Afghanistan, or have hundreds of military bases around the world draining our economy and our resources?

#2.

I am not a teenager, I was at one point in my life, but time has a strange habit of ticking away years.

#3.

I do volunteer work every week, teach free swim lessons, call my congressmen, organize & attend protests, donate to food pantries, teach people how to garden. So don't sit there and try to condescend me saying that I don't do anything and give me the 'you're an angry teenager' routine.

But, I guess that when I do these things I'm not really doing "anything to make the country a better place."

For someone who constantly raises the 'personal attack' flag, you sure are good at doling it out. I mean I don't really care, just saying it's a bit hypocritical you know?

Giving myself more credit than is due? Huh? I said that "I do things to help," how am I giving myself tons of credit? I really think I was overly modest, you must be misreading what I wrote.

#4.

'Defeatest' attitude? Seriously... Did you read the rant? It's passionate optimism, It's about wanting to change the world for the better. You are the one with the 'defeatest' attitude. You sit back and say that you shouldn't 'whine' about the problems of the world, now does that sound like you want to make a difference? I do way more than most in my generation, so I feel no guilt when I say I am doing my best to bring about positive change.

#5.

"I am sick of being told how to look, how to eat, what to wear, when to cry, when to be tough, what to do with my life, where to live, how to get a job and sit in a #ing cubicle all day to make enough money to sit on my ass and drool while watching soap operas and sporting events"."

This is merely a shot at those who try to tell people how to live. I don't live my life like this, what I said is that "I am sick of being TOLD" by people & society what makes a man (or woman). I am sick of the endless propaganda that ceaselessly pounds social identity into the brains of young Americans. It is part of the AWAKENING process to first acknowledge the problems of society, the second part is to separate yourself and start walking your own path.

Also, it is pretty funny that you came back an resurrected a thread from December 2008, you've got to admit.

I am also sick of all the people who can't and won't wake up, and choose just to keep being bounced around like rubber balls in a laundry machine on high.

#6.

I am glad you are involved. If more people would get involved this world would be much better off. That's the point I'm trying to make, our wasted potential as a species. I'm trying to say we could be much better off than we are now, that we should be closer to the level of our true potential.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

#1.

What would the fact that I currently live at home have to do with the fact that we are a species that is wasting our potential? I think your association fails poorly in trying to couple my ideas and my current living status.

Perspectives change as people mature, is all I'm saying. And they really change when you are finally on your own.

I've accepted that the youth will be instrumental in helping us to achieve our true potential. People can always change, but in the end the younger people will be more willing to go in a new direction.

And guess how many younger generations have uttered those same words? And where has it got us?

And please, you can't seriously admit that you are happy with the current state of affairs?

I am happy with *my* current state of affairs, and with the knowledge that I have effected much change in my lifetime.

Giving myself more credit than is due? Huh? I said that "I do things to help," how am I giving myself tons of credit? I really think I was overly modest, you must be misreading what I wrote.

I was referring to your inflated sense of self-worth, as if my actions were keyed because of your responses (insults) in other threads, or that I would spend time 'browsing your profile'.

'Defeatest' attitude? Seriously... Did you read the rant? It's passionate optimism, It's about wanting to change the world for the better. You are the one with the 'defeatest' attitude. You sit back and say that you shouldn't 'whine' about the problems of the world, now does that sound like you want to make a difference? I do way more than most in my generation, so I feel no guilt when I say I am doing my best to bring about positive change.

There is an old saying: Wish in one hand and crap in the other. See which one gets filled up faster.

I equate wishing with whining. The rant was not passionate optimism. It was sullen defeatism about being told what to do in every facet of your life.

Do you know how many of those types of threads crop up here? Dozens - hundreds. Millions of complaints, not one single solution.

But this is going nowhere. Good luck in the future. And try the laxative, etc. It can't hurt.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Perspectives change as people mature, is all I'm saying. And they really change when you are finally on your own.

I am in no way contesting this statement. Right now, as a young person, I am going to do all I can to change the world for the better. That's what young people do, they are idealistic.

And guess how many younger generations have uttered those same words? And where has it got us?

Just because other generations have said it doesn't mean that this current generation or one's after it won't be the ones to actually do it. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't.

I am happy with *my* current state of affairs, and with the knowledge that I have effected much change in my lifetime.

Yes, it's great that you're happy, but don't you want to help society change on the whole?

I was referring to your inflated sense of self-worth, as if my actions were keyed because of your responses (insults) in other threads, or that I would spend time 'browsing your profile'.

Hmm.... So how did you find this thread? Did you click on my name and browse my threads?

Also, would you have responded to this thread if I hadn't posted my comment on yours?

I don't have an inflated sense of self-worth, not at all. But are the two statements above true? That's all I'm saying, is that after I posted on your thread, you felt the need to come to this thread and post.

Is that true?

There is an old saying: Wish in one hand and crap in the other. See which one gets filled up faster.

I equate wishing with whining. The rant was not passionate optimism. It was sullen defeatism about being told what to do in every facet of your life.

Do you know how many of those types of threads crop up here? Dozens - hundreds. Millions of complaints, not one single solution.

But this is going nowhere. Good luck in the future. And try the laxative, etc. It can't hurt.

So, if you dream and wish to change the world, you're whining? That makes no sense at all! So Einstein was a whiner? Plato was a whiner? These people all had wishes and hopes for the world, does that make them whiners?

You might want to re-think that equation.

Sullen Defeatism. The reason you say this is because you didn't even bother to read the whole rant, if you did you would have seen this;

The time has come to act. No more will you sit around, docile like a dolphin. No more will you watch as the world crumbles around you. No more will you sit on Abovetopsecret.com and complain about the state of affairs while doing little to help.

You complain about the sheeple. Who are these people but those who are afraid and don't understand?

GIVE THEM HOPE! GET OUT THERE AND HELP THEM UNDERSTAND. THEY ARE PEOPLE DAMMIT, THEY CAN UNDERSTAND!

Who cares if some think you're crazy. You know you're right.

Do we want to be the generation that lets this country die, and the world fall into chaos?

A generation bound to travel the stars, a generation that cures disease, a generation forged in fire and strong like stone.

A generation that stood in the face of its own destruction and great uncertainty, and forged a new path through the halls of darkness like an exploding sun.

So I guess you just over-looked the ending of my rant? The whole point of this rant was to go from the depths of despair into hope for the future. It's meant to help draw people out and inspire them to do change.

Once again, you have nitpicked a piece of a thread and selected certain sections to comment on. You completely disregarded the end of the rant, which is hopeful and optimistic. All you did was look at the beginning and say, "oh wow, yea this is pessimism." Maybe if you get a chance you can read the whole thing again, if you would like to get the whole picture.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

So, if you dream and wish to change the world, you're whining? That makes no sense at all! So Einstein was a whiner? Plato was a whiner? These people all had wishes and hopes for the world, does that make them whiners?

No, they were achievers.

Yet this is exactly what you are doing.

Cures diseases? Travels the stars? You are standing upon the shoulders of much greater men and women than you are. The pioneers who have brought us to the marvelous state of technology and humanism we live in today... Those of my generation and earlier who pioneered the technology of today.

But I encourage you to try your best to change the world. However, speaking out isn't enough - we have too many 'speakers' as it is right now.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

No, they were achievers.

Correct, but what were they before they 'achieved.' They were dreamers, and wishers. They acted on their wishes and hopes. You do know Einstein sat in a patent office for years coming up with his theories right? He sat in the office dreaming about things no one else was dreaming about. First comes the wish, then comes the action.

Wishing isn't whining, sad that you think that.

Yet this is exactly what you are doing.

Right, I guess you completely missed my earlier post where I said what I'm currently doing. Just because I post in here doesn't mean I'm not doing anything. Once again, you have nitpicked, and didn't read what I posted. At this point I'm not really surprised.

Cures diseases? Travels the stars? You are standing upon the shoulders of much greater men and women than you are. The pioneers who have brought us to the marvelous state of technology and humanism we live in today... Those of my generation and earlier who pioneered the technology of today.

But I encourage you to try your best to change the world. However, speaking out isn't enough - we have too many 'speakers' as it is right now.

There is NO DOUBT that we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for previous generations, no doubt at all.

Where would we be without the Wright Brothers?

Where would we be without Watson & Crick?

Where would be without Kennedy?

Where would we be without Lincoln?

I'm not debating this, what I'm saying is that people fail to see our true potential, and are squandering potential greatness. If we could solve hunger, and I don't mean in the 'Miss America' sort of way, I mean actually solving the problem by giving each person ample food to eat, cure cancer, AIDS, and other horrible diseases, and travel the stars, we would be the greatest generation that ever lived.

Of course it's up for debate, as you can't have what we have today without the pioneers of yesterday.

And, I don't plan on just 'speaking out,' I already do a lot to help and plan to do much more. But first comes 'wishing' and dreaming, then comes action. So wishing certainly isn't whining.

new topics

top topics

join