It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Get The Wrong House In Galveston, Allegedly Assault 12-Year-Old Girl

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Police Get The Wrong House In Galveston, Allegedly Assault 12-Year-Old Girl

blogs.houstonpress.com

It was a little before 8 at night when the breaker went out at Emily's home in Galveston. she asked her 12-year-old daughter, Dymond, to pop outside and turn the switch back on.

As Dymond headed toward the breaker, a blue van drove up and three men jumped out rushing toward her. One of them grabbed her saying, "You're a prostitute. You're coming with me."

One of the men covered her mouth. Two of the men beat her about the face and throat.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
1) Even if they really thought a 12yr old was a prostitue why cover her mouth?

2) Even if they thought a 12yr old was a prostitute why beat her? Are 12yr olds super-ninjas these days or something?

After the incident, Dymond was hospitalized and suffered black eyes as well as throat and ear drum injuries.

Three weeks later, according to the lawsuit, police went to Dymond's school, where she was an honor student, and arrested her for assaulting a public servant. Griffin says the allegations stem from when Dymond fought back against the three men who were trying to take her from her home.

Are You SERIOUS??????????????

Update: This is from the officers' lawyer, William Helfand:

Both the daughter and the father were arrested for assaulting a peace officer. "The father basically attacked police officers as they were trying to take the daughter into custody after she ran off."

Also, "The city has investigated the matter and found that the conduct of the police officers was appropriate under the circumstances," Helfand says. "It's unfortunate that sometimes police officers have to use force against people who are using force against them. And the evidence will show that both these folks violated the law and forcefully resisted arrest."

WHAT??????????????

This is just plain horrific man, what in the world is going on here?

Those cops should beaten up like pinatas.
This is completely unnaceptable!

blogs.houstonpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Using force againt the police? She was 12 years old! AND IT WAS THE WRONG HOUSE!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
translation:

we'll come for you if we want to and we'll get your money too.

coming soon: Episode II : if you don't bend down and shut up we'll kill you.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It cant be a good sign that I lack surprise at this. Between the no-knock warrants getting innocent people killed, the family dogs of wrong address raids being killed without apology, the cops being caught for corruption nation-wide, the cops pulling women over and raping on the side of the road...

Everyday I see at least half a dozen of these stories and like with any crime the ones who get caught are the minority compared with the total numbers of those committing the crime.

The way I see there might be 4 'good' cops in the nation.

And I'm not supposed to shoot if they kick in my door? I expect the cops to be on the right about as much as I expect UN Peacekeepers not to rape children.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
the cops pulling women over and raping on the side of the road...

Cops raping women on the streets?
when did this happen?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
the cops pulling women over and raping on the side of the road...

Cops raping women on the streets?
when did this happen?

Traffic stop rape

Rape in back seat of cruiser

Traffic stop rape

Just for good measure heres a traffic stop abortion

[edit on 20-12-2008 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
CHECK THIS OUT GUYS!!!!

I was very irate when I read this so I emailed the Galveston Police Department webmaster, (only email addy I could find). I'll include those emails and replies here. You won't believe this!

FIRST EMAIL TO GPD WEBMASTER:

> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "R. Greg Crews"
> To:
> Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 7:52 AM
> Subject: Becoming a Gallveston Policeman
>
>> Hey!
>>
>> I was wondering, if I became a Galveston Policeman, would I get to beat
>> little 12 yo girls, and charge her and her daddy with a crime? Sounds
>> fun!!!
>> Stay classy Galveston!
> blogs.houstonpress.com...

>> Thank You
>>
>> R. Greg Crews

Took about 3 minutes to get a reply. (Next Post)

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Got this reply very soon after my email:

-----Original Message-----
> From: Galveston Police Department [email address removed]
> Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 8:55 AM
> To: R. Greg Crews
> Subject: Re: Becoming a Gallveston Policeman
>
> You sound like someone who should be in jail.

OMG! Did he really say that- yes he did!!!!

My Reply:

----- Original Message -----
To: "'Galveston Police Department'"
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 7:57 AM
Subject: RE: Becoming a Gallveston Policeman

> Why? Because I think cops who do this type of thing are scumbags? Don't
> try
> and scare me, I'm not a 12 yo little girl. Fine human being you are. I
> would
> be embarrassed to be associated with them. Guess you feel good about
> defending them, huh?
>
>
> Thank You
>
> R. Greg Crews

Thought that would shut him up, to no avail.
Here's his reply:

-----Original Message-----
From: Galveston Police Department [email address removed]
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 9:06 AM
To: R. Greg Crews
Subject: Re: Becoming a Gallveston Policeman

You take care of your Florida trash and we'll deal with ours

Started worrying that maybe I could get charged with harrassment or something so I sent this and got no more responses:

My Final Email

Will do, have a nice day!

Thank You

R. Greg Crews

Can you believe the callousness? WAs I wrong for doing that?

[edit: To Note]

1 e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:
i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If a cop tries to arrest me, and I know that I did absolutely nothing wrong to warrant their attack, you bet I'm going to resist arrest and take a few gonads out in the process.

If they have the audacity to then charge me for their mistake I will immediately go to every news outlet I can find and call them out.

I understand that many of our peace officers are under a lot of stress and mistakes can happen to anybody. But to then try and cover the whole thing up by charging you with an offense is just plain wrong and they should look forward to some public ridicule and a few hefty lawsuits.

I hope the girl's family sues the living bejesus out of the city and the officers as well.

edit to add: No offense to all the 12 yr old girls out there, but just how much of a fight could a 12 yr old girl put up to justify a few black eyes? Seems like one guy could have handled the situation. I don't think there are too many 12 yr olds who could kick my ass, 13 maybe, but not 12.

[edit on 20-12-2008 by zlots331]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
UUUUGGGGG!!!!!! This makes me so angry I just want to take my computer monitor and throw it out the window!

Everyday I have been trying meditations to control my anger but stuff like this just brings me right back to where I started.

I believe in the power of peace but one of these days we will have to pull off what was going on in Greece last week. We cannot let thugs like this pretend to protect us. It's an outrage.

Allison

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
let's explore the inner workings of sheep's mind

Who cares what happens to other people?

As long as we have our Lazy-Boy's, Sports, Doritos, Coca-cola, Menthol's, Playboy, Church and our precious TV's, really who cares if there are injustices being committed.

All these people that are telling us each day that the S will be HTF soon are nuts. Just a bunch of crazies. My doctor says they should be medicated and I agree.

If the cops beat someone up or rape them or the army bombs a country then they deserved it, because they know whats right for the US. The election system works great and all the presidents are awesome. Let's go wave some flags.

No I can't name any country that starts with the letter U and I have no idea what a mosque is, is it a bug?

There are people who actually think like this, which is quite scary.
These are what I personally consider to be Zombies. The living dead.
Their bodies function but there is no brain activity.

[edit on 20-12-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Anyone notice on the cop abortion video that they also performed an illegal search and seizure of the car.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Thank you for that post. It made me feel a bit better actually. I can totally relate because whenever I complain about things like this to some of my family and friends they say, "well it's not your life so why do you care?"

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MajesticJax

My goodness! I can't believe they sent you that reply. It wasn't some piece of trash, it was an innocent 12 year old girl! Wow, I am losing faith in humanity. Every day it seems I lose a little bit more.

[edit on 20-12-2008 by Dances With Angels]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There are some good cops out there. But unfortunately, most of them are, in my opinion, bullies. This man and his daughter will be aquitted for using force. And if he gets the right lawyer, he will be able to retire, and his daughter will have the best education money can buy. (Oh, and the cops would never work in civil service again at any level higher than garbage man.)

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

[email address removed]

Everybody email the Galveston PD but be careful with what you say.

It sounds to me like they drove by the correct area (address) and the suspects werent there, so they found someone else to harass so it wouldnt be a wasted trip.
We arent on our way to being a police state, we are already there but were just at the outer fringes of it.
From here it will only get worse or it will get better but its all up to us, as US citizens.

[edit on 12/20/2008 by Kr0n0s]

[edit: To Note]

1 e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:
i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm a little confused on one point. Why was the girl arrested 3 weeks after the incident? Don't they usually arrest people for assaulting police on the spot? If they waited 3 weeks, it's going to look REAL bad when the cops get sued. It's hard to believe cops would grab her, assault her and then just let her go for such a long period of time. Sure hope they actually get jail time for this.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I can understand someone having the wrong house if you're selling vacuum cleaners door to door. If I were going to raid and arrest, I think I'd do a little more homework and make sure I had the right place.

Secondly, if I had made that unbelievably stupid error, I don't think I'd bring charges against a man for fighting off three goons who are attacking a 12 year old child. I think I'd quietly apologize, take my butt whooping and learn from my mistake. In my opinion, these three jack-asses aren't qualified to pick up garbage much less be trusted with the public safety.

I guess its a big blow to an already overly inflated ego to have the daddy of the minor you're currently assaulting come out and hand you your rear end.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Hey Majestic

I kinda felt you were spot on , and should try and trace this girls attorney and forward those mails on as additional evidence!!

If jail is how they feel about it, that should be their consequence!! Not to mention their "out of order" remark about her (the 12 year old) being trash!! thats just disgraceful coming from them via e-mail!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join