It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible info for new Batman movie.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Set for 2010 then next Batman movie (code named "Gotham") could have Eddie Murphy as The Riddler, Shia Labeouf as Robin and Racheal Weisz as Catwoman.
Directed again by Christopher Nolan.

Source:
www.thesun.co.uk...

Sounds interesting to me, it'll be good to see Eddie Murphy not in a childs movie.

Even though I know Robin is fundamental to Batman, I can't shake the feeling it'll camp things up too much, but Knowing Nolan he'll make it work.

I hope this is correct and not just speculation, an odd cast list but it couldwork.

[edit on 20-12-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'm really disappointed to hear that Eddie Murphy will be playing The Riddler. I had heard reports awhile ago that they were hoping to get Johnny Depp. I think Depp is a much better fit for the character and would perfectly fit the darkness that we've seen in the last two films.

Hopefully Eddie Murphy can manage, but I'm not convinced.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I found this at a movie site called Dark Horizons.
They have been pretty acurate over the years.

(DarkHorizons.com)-"Dark Knight" Disc News & Sequel Lies
Meanwhile the English tabloids are reporting completely unfounded wild rumours that Eddie Murphy is playing The Riddler, Rachel Weisz is Catwoman and Shia LaBeouf is Robin in the next "Batman" film even though they likely won't begin casting for another year.

www.darkhorizons.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
No Eddie PLEASE

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Jim Carey! Him for Riddler, again! "Riddle me this, riddle me that, who is afraid of the big black bat?" But Depp would be HOT for Riddler. Please not Murphey. I get being more, diverse, then what Batman was but a black Riddler? Bleh, and what about two face? He only appeared as evil two face for what? one or two scenes.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Looking at Buddy Love in The Nutty Proffesor, I think Eddie Murphy has the perfect energy and sense of humour for The Riddler.
I wouldn't mind if the Riddler is black

But it is all abit strange that this is being said so early.
Maybe their just ideas for the cast, IDK.

WHat do you think about these other "Supposed" choices?

Rachel Wiesz as Catwoman, She played a good crazy moment in Constantine, I could see her work as Catwoman.

Shia Labeouf would fit perfectly as Robin IMO, he could pull off a cheesy Robin line quite well too, Just picture him saying "Holy rusted metal Batman" it doesn't make me wanna puke like the other guy.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I don't think Christopher Nolan is going to take any serving of cheese with the upcoming film. The change will be noticed most with the character of Robin as he was the source of most cheese in past incarnations of the Batman story. If Robin is serving up the cheese, it would go against everything they've accomplished in the last two films. Spiderman 3 was on television yesterday and I actually had to turn it off because it was so over-the-top and cheesey. The direction that the Batman movies have gone have seriously squashed any and all competition, especially those in the super-hero genre. If they move away from this, I'd be really disappointed.

I think Eddie Murphy will pull off a good performance in the role, and a black Riddler is no concern of mine. I just thought that a Johnny Depp performance as The Riddler in the upcoming film could be considered along side Heath Ledger as the Joker in the recent film. I'm not sure if Eddie Murphy can pull that off.

I like the addition of Rachel Weisz to the story line. She's a great actress. Shia Lebeouf I'm not sold on because I don't know if he'll fit the mold of the darkness of these movies that really sell me. He might be able to, but I won't be convinced until I see it.

I also don't want them to saturate the film with characters. Introducing three new main characters to the film in a line of films that really promotes complex characters. To bring each character along is going to be difficult in one film. They run the risk of taking away from it with too much going on.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Hahaha, it has to be a load.

It wouldn't be impossible to continue the dark energy of Nolan's Batman, with Robin included but it would be very, very difficult.

Depp would be an awesome Riddler.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Depp would be so much better. Imagine if Captain Jack Sparrow talked in riddles? I love Depp! And Murphey, I'd just be too thrown off. And of course there is Two Face, and the Joker. He was only arrested, not killed, so he can come back at any time!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

This false rumor has even made its way to the imdb website. Chris Nolan is taking a break to think of a storyline. Nothing is set for what it will be about. One thing is certain: No Robin. 2012 would probably be the most likely date, unless Mr Nolan has an idea and work starts in the next year. It takes them three years to make these movies.

top topics

join