It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: Secret nuclear sell-off storm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

UK: Secret nuclear sell-off storm

www.independent.co.uk

Britain no longer has any stake in the production of its nuclear warheads after the Government secretly sold off its shares in the Atomic Weapons Establishment in Aldermaston.

Ministers agreed to sell the remaining one-third ownership to a Californian engineering company. The announcement, which means that Americans will now produce and maintain Britain's independent nuclear deterrent, was slipped out on the eve of the parliamentary Christmas holiday. Officials refused to say how much the deal
(visit the link for the full news article)

link   
UK is selling off assets that are of high to interest to the public.

UK are not just stopping there! they are selling off The Royal Mint!

How would these decisions fuel the NWO and their scams that are in the works?

Following is a list of more things they are going to sell off!

This is a MAJOR concern for the UK people!

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

link   

What's for sale next?

The Treasury is considering privatising other state assets in what critics have called a recession "fire sale". These include:

*Ordnance Survey

*The Met Office

*The Forestry Commission

*The Queen Elizabeth II conference centre in Westminster

*The Covent Garden Market Authority

*The Royal Mint

*The Tote

*Buildings owned by British Waterways

*British Nuclear Fuel's stake in uranium enrichment company Urenco

*The Oil & Pipeline Agency, which manages the UK's underground network of fuel distribution pipelines.

WOW!

[edit on 20-12-2008 by Jinni]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Man, what in the HELL is going on in this world?
The UK is selling its nuclear capability to the US and the US is selling ITS nuclear capability to France!!!

People have lost the goddamned minds!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
Man, what in the HELL is going on in this world?
The UK is selling its nuclear capability to the US and the US is selling ITS nuclear capability to France!!!

People have lost the goddamned minds!

I believe the people who are 'calling the shots' know what they are doing.

I am sure however, that whatever they do WILL NOT be in the interest of the people.

What do you think is their plan or getting the world ready for?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Mass chaos.
Sorry for the one liner.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Why on earth are we selling this kind of stuff to a foreign country? Allies we may be, but nevertheless Britain must be able to independently produce its own nuclear warheads. Aldermaston should never have been privatised in the first place.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Whats wrong with you outsiders? Don't you trust us? We can guarantee your safety with nuclear weapons.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
There's very little British about Trident at all, apart from the submarine itself. The supposedly British designed warheads are little more than the American W76, with a union jack on top.

I don't think this matters a jot.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Couldn't have said it better myself. I think if I ever start to understand what the hell is really going on my head will explode.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197
There's very little British about Trident at all, apart from the submarine itself. The supposedly British designed warheads are little more than the American W76, with a union jack on top.

I don't think this matters a jot.

I tend to agree, I am far more concerned with the idea of the Forestry Commission being privatised.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Most things on that list shouldn't be privatised. There are some things which are better off under public ownership to be used to provide a service rather than make money. Nuclear warheads is one such example, but the Met Office, Royal Mint, Forestry Commission and so forth all fall under that category too.

Hell, even the Tories are concerned about this and it was they who sold most things off in the 1980s... that must tell you something. The fact that Parliament haven't even been informed is also disturbing.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ste2652
Why on earth are we selling this kind of stuff to a foreign country? Allies we may be, but nevertheless Britain must be able to independently produce its own nuclear warheads. Aldermaston should never have been privatised in the first place.

When money is involved, there is no such thing as ''foreign country''. Globalisation is the greatest money machine we have ever seen, and with this, outsourcing and fire-sale bonanzas to other buyers is what the little guy calls 'them foreigners'.

Its just business as usual!

B

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Hell, even the Tories are concerned about this and it was they who sold most things off in the 1980s... that must tell you something. The fact that Parliament haven't even been informed is also disturbing.

Does Parliament need to be? Honest question, I'm not entirely sure how these things work. I follow the property auction market and a lot of government property gets sold off that way...in dribs and drabs, the odd bunker here, river authority properties, MOD land etc etc. Presumably someone has to be rubber stamping it and if it is in little batches it barely blips on anyones radar. I am presuming that this is the work of the Civil Service and Gus O'Donnell (or the devil incarnate as I prefer to call him).

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Legally probably not, but some of the things listed are very important... perhaps not the Tote, but other things like the Royal Mint, Met Office or AWE Management Ltd undoubtedly are. There are rumours that parts of Royal Mail are also being considered for sale to German/Dutch companies. The fact that the news only appeared after Parliament had risen for the Christmas recess also suggests an unsuccessful coverup.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Legally probably not, but some of the things listed are very important... perhaps not the Tote, but other things like the Royal Mint, Met Office or AWE Management Ltd undoubtedly are. There are rumours that parts of Royal Mail are also being considered for sale to German/Dutch companies. The fact that the news only appeared after Parliament had risen for the Christmas recess also suggests an unsuccessful coverup.

This is why I have some reservations about the Milliband brothers bridging as they do the current labour government and the Privy council, all a little too incestuous for my taste.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Whats wrong with you outsiders? Don't you trust us? We can guarantee your safety with nuclear weapons.

Yeah our records pretty good.

3 mile island and we only bombed one country but they had it coming
And only lost 3 or was it 4 nukes in the past 58 years

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

beat you by 5 hours but since theres a good chat here i asked for mine to be deleted.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
ATS Policy is that the first posted thread is defaulted to, which is here.

As such, please contribute any further questions and/or comments to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join