It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group seeks to void gay marriages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Group seeks to void gay marriages

news.bbc.co.uk

A US group opposed to same-sex marriages has asked the California Supreme Court to annul thousands of gay marriages held in the state this year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-12-2008 by Anti - Government]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
What the hell is wrong with some people today trying to get thousands of marriages annulled just becayuse they are in love with someone of the same sex

The way i see it if you are gay and you want to get married you should be allowed without the hassle of groups like this trying to ruin everything because they have different beliefs about it.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Some people are simply intolerant of anything different from themselves. Others, are too wrapped up in their religious beliefs to tolerate someone who believes something other than their dogma.

I agree with you, if they are not impeding your life pursuits, why would you want to meddle in another's life pursuits. Personally, I feel sorry for people who feel it necessary to stand in the way of someones desire to spend a publicly recognized monogamous life together. I can't imagine going through my life filled with intolerance and hate. It sucks to be them.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This is nothing new I'm afraid.

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of religious organizations trying to impose their will on the rest of society.

It is simply intolerance, homophobia and hatred dressed up as a social cause.

But then again, that's exactly what the recent voting was too, and the majority were too ignorant to see it.

The masses who took part in that vote are no better than those in these groups dictating their will to others.

If I was living in one of these communities where such rights are decided for the few by the masses, I'd feel anger, resentment and I'd publicly call them all on it too. I'd do everything from boycotts to removing friends and family from my life. I'd be out in the street protesting.
And if none of that worked, I'd leave and find a place where the population aren't so dumb, and where government doesn't allow such ridiculous scenarios to come about.

These people are hateful scum. As are all those who voted to dictate their will onto people who deserve equality.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
LEAVE THE GAYS ALONE! Gah, I hate these people. Oh sure the Catholic Priest is raping their son but at least he's only a pedophile and not gay! Oh sure the GOP protected Pedophiles for years but at least they weren't gay! Oh sure they were raping children as they impeached Clinton for a bj but at least they weren't gay! Oh sure after the Pope gets done saying gay sex is a sin he ships a pedophile off too a different parish too start raping more children but at least he wasn't gay! I hate these people. Gays and Lesbians and bisexuals do no harm. They are people who love some one of the same sex. Get over it. Gay is the New Black!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I should join this group. The rate of degeneration of the human species disgusts me.

Obesity

Physical impairment (i mean non active)

Unnatural Sexual preferences...

The list goes on, and I don't feel like being flamed too much by brainwashed liberal folk.

[edit on 20-12-2008 by Bl0rg]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
LEAVE THE GAYS ALONE! Gah, I hate these people. Oh sure the Catholic Priest is raping their son but at least he's only a pedophile and not gay!

That in itself is a very ignorant and shallow statement.

If i was Catholic i would have taken offence... Thankfully I'm not...

---

Personally I don't think being gay is a natural thing, I also believe bi-sexual people are just kidding themselves .... But at the end of the day, it doesn't bother me.... I wouldn't go out into the street protesting about it (unless of course it got out of hand)....

But i DO disagree with the Gays changing things to suit their agenda... such as pink Christmas and the two Josephs and such rubbish...

It is very damaging for children and could cause a lot of confusion.

Keep Gay away from Christmas day (I say)...

[edit on 20-12-2008 by mr-lizard]

[edit on 20-12-2008 by mr-lizard]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Gotta hate it when the common people speak through their vote, don't ya! Seems quite a lot of people complain about stolen elections, then the same turn around and refuse to respect a straight up-and-up vote, like Proposition 8. And claiming that a majority of voters in California, one of the most liberal states in the U.S., are bible-thumping Christians is just ridiculous! All you're doing with statements like that is just show your own ignorance.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I don't really like the idea of gay but if they want to get married that should be there own business.The fact that the government has to authorize marriages makes them a sham anyway.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

What? It's common knowledge the Church protected pedophiles. It is common knowledge that for DECADES they moved pedophiles across the country when they got caught. Then what do they do? Go out and say gays are sinners. The Church will get a pedophile out of a country they are about too be arrested in for raping children then turn around and say gays are the evil ones!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Bl0rg

...brainwashed liberal folk? ..more like evolved intelligence and empathy!
Your a tool and so are these people that fear gays.

When will you realize that you are no better than the folk 50 years ago that thought it was so horrible for a black man to marry a white woman?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
annnnnnnnnd that is another reason why this world is screwed until we abolish religion.

religion = 2 things.

Hope.

&

Hate.

we are doomed to kill ourselves with religion / the religious. religion = social nihilism? hahha.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
annnnnnnnnd that is another reason why this world is screwed until we abolish religion.

religion = 2 things.

Hope.

&

Hate.

we are doomed to kill ourselves with religion / the religious. religion = social nihilism? hahha.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by mr-lizard

What? It's common knowledge the Church protected pedophiles. It is common knowledge that for DECADES they moved pedophiles across the country when they got caught. Then what do they do? Go out and say gays are sinners. The Church will get a pedophile out of a country they are about too be arrested in for raping children then turn around and say gays are the evil ones!

BUT.... you're saying it like all priests are paedo's which simply isn't true... The same can be said about many occupations such as the police who have harboured known criminals in their midst... Or the Freemasons in the UK who have knowingly let Paedo's have guns (such as Thomas Hamilton)...

Every occupation or job can have its bad people, but to assume everyone involved is a bad person is too much of a generalisation...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join