It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whale Wars...What do you think??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Ok, here's the thing..

I just don't get this new reality show. It's on Animal Planet and it about these uber environmentalists who go and harass the Japanese whaling fleet in the Southern Antarctic Ocean.

The season's last episode was on last night and I've got to say, these people are a menace. The nutty captain says to his crew that they have to be ready to die for a whale.

They never say anything about the other fish in the sea, never anything about the other issues that affect the planet, just whale protection 24/7

Anyone else catch this show???

What's your take on this??

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

I think old dude is nuts and he doesn't care about anyone on his boat. no wander he got kicked out of greenpiss (green peace)

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
When they originally promo'd the show they made it look like they were officials that were officially stopping the illegal killing of whales. Which if that were the case I would love the show. Of course it is not. Personally whaling makes me sick, and if these people want to risk their lives to make a difference, that's their decision, but I'm sure has hell not going to watch. The only really great part of the show IMO is the intro, because well... any intro that uses the Bullet With Butterfly Wings by The Smashing Pumpkins gets the thumbs up from me.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hey Osiris, good evening.

I hear you about the theme song. It does have something there.

I guess that I can't help wondering that with this issue in such high profile now, due to the TV coverage, why no one in the official channels has done anything.

The season that we watched, which just ended, had to be filmed last year. Now the new season is being filmed and still nothing has been done to curtail the hunt from a government level.

It makes me scratch my head and wonder if anyone really cares about the issue in the first place, besides Greenpeace.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I think that those protestors should be treated as pirates. It's too bad maritime law prevents the ships from carrying 50 caliber guns.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I find this show fascinating. Thaere is nothign that disgusts me more then whaling. But for the captain to risk their lives for it is a little strong for me.

I think they have a great cause. I do believe they have a valid point that these ships don't need to kill dozens of whales under the guise of scientific research. I think it is a deliberate government loophole, or they would limit the number caught for research, say one per ship.

I think they would avoid extremes if they can but desperate times call for desperate meausures and no one is doing anything about the mass whale killing in Japan.

top topics

join