It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US gives green light for first commercial spaceport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   

US gives green light for first commercial spaceport

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (AFP) – The US Federal Aviation Administration has given the green light for the world's first commercial spaceport, New Mexico authorities said Thursday.
The FAA granted Spaceport America a license for vertical and horizontal space launches following an environmental impact study, according to the New Mexico Space Authority (NMSA).
The terminal and hangar facility for horizontal launches is planned for completion by late 2010.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
gizmodo.com
www.universetoday.com

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I didn't see this one anywhere, so I apologize if there's a thread and I'm missing it.

Regular ATS reader, newly joined member ("long time listener, first time caller"). My question to ATS members (especially the UFO enthusiasts), stemming from this story, is this: as basic space flight becomes cheaper and more accessible to more and more people, what potential impacts might this have on the UFO phenomenon?

Paying, non-military, non-government people are already going up, thousands more are guaranteed to follow, and we're on our way to (eventually, one day, hopefully) complete orbital flights for citizens. And every one is guaranteed to bring cameras to document their experiences.

I'm open minded, and have seen quite a few interesting videos and pictures of UFOs (many here at ATS), but almost all are taken from the ground, and space footage I've seen from NASA hasn't convinced me completely. However, individual, private citizen accounts, with documentation from up there, would go a long way toward making believers out of everyone, negating any potential government cover-up.

Could widespread, sub-orbital, commercial space flight prove to be a tipping point for proving (or disproving) the existence of non-terrestrial UFOs? Thoughts please.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Buckeye, this has already been posted in this forum. Here`s the link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Yep, saw it after I posted (apologies again). Can't seem to delete it.

Nothing to see here ... click on FiatLux's link.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
That`s ok, the Mods. will take care of it, their a good group. Best there is.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Taken care of guys...

Thread Closed.

TheBorg
Forum Member and Moderator

top topics

join