It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your New Years resolution..What will it be?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
With the holidays very rapidly approaching and Christmas right on our heels I usually get to thinking about the approaching new year and what resloution I try and make so I decided to ask you BTS/ATS what your New Years resolutions will be. It can be one or it can be a couple, I usually try and say I will stop cursing because I have a filthy mouth but I break that resolution as soon as a bowl game comes on so I try and think outside the box..So folks what will it be?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
new years resolution? hmm it is somewhat strange that people tend to make resolutions for this one special day in the year.
you could also make resolutions for your birthday or any other day in the year.
no people think it has to be new year

anyway i got some too:

• get the divorce
  • find a well payed job or get more customers to remain self employeed with a good income
  • lose about 10 kg in weight
  • find a wonderful man who loves me and whom i can love
  • go to london for a trip#
  • go to LA for a trip

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
To not speak to my brother if he doesn't send a christmas card for the umpteenth year!

Selfish git, ignores the whole family until he wants something.

And to get a legal job..

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
First I'll start with something easy:

I vow not to send the Earth spinning into the sun.

On the more difficult side:

Find a job.

Lose some weight.

Continue rebuilding my life and become a more functional member of society.

Re-open communication with my parents more often than I have been in the past.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Maintaining my level of exercise through the year and trying to make healthier meal choices.

For about five years now I've been about 20-30lbs above my normal body weight. Inside of a month in late September/early October I dropped almost 15lbs. Since then I've maintained my weight training and put a good amount of muscle, however I slacked off on my cardio. So my body weight has maintained. A little differently proportioned though, which is a good thing. More muscle, less body fat. But I'm still not where I want to be.

So my new years resolution is to make sure I run at least every other day and try to eat a little better.

It will surely speed up the process.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This years resolution is the same as last years resolution.

"To make no more New Year's Resolutions, what's the point, you alway break them by the first of Feburary anyway"

Feliz Navidad y prospero ano, amigos!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Good idea for a thread...

Everything in life seems to be going well - and yes, I could always use more cash, but that will happen with time...

So, that leaves me with only one option, one choice that may make or break all of 2009...

To stop flaming idiots on this site...

I must learn to be nice to those I find <

We gotta keep this going people...S & F it!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Mines to start logging my intake of booze and cigs. Spending far too much on that crap, I think if I religiously log that then the numbers would help show what a waste it is.

Oh yhea, resolution #2... get a very good looking girlfriend.

Resolution #3... make love to resolution #2

Resolution #4... Become very rich and cheat on resolution #2.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Out of all the threads..this one is the scariest.
This is the BIG commitment right here.
Do I..or Don't I ?
If I do..will I lose willpower after a few weeks, and feel like a failure?
Words of wisdom...
THERE IS NO TRY, ONLY DO OR DO NOT.
Such pressure, such turmoil.
The inner conflict is driving me
!!!

My resolutions, should I chose to make and not break them (Yes that is a disclaimer):

DIET. Nothing but rabbit food till I drop 20 pounds. No coffee, no cola, no alcohol, no carbs...and..and..OH THE HORROR...NO CHOCOLATE!

#2..Finalize all the divorce BS. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

#3. Say bye bye to the North and hello to the South.

#4.Don't let anyone stand in the way of what I want, or tell me what I can and can't do. This is MY LIFE and I'll dictate it, Thanks.

#5. Come Christmas 2009, I got me a date with a Big Christmas Tree.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
#2..Finalize all the divorce BS. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

So AD.. Your back on the market
*wink

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

To be totally honest, I finally gave up on New Year resolutions last year. 28 years of failure of upholding them finally sank in.

I wish everyone the best of luck in upholding theirs, though. Hopefully all of you will have more fortitude.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
1.) Learn to use the ignore button instead of responding to Flamers, Hoaxers, and trollers...

2.) Get back into a daily regime of meditation.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Very nice Chissler..Since ive come home from active duty I put on about 17 pounds so I ate five and six small meals a day and just rode a bike, With all my physical ailments riding my bike is the best for me until I heal correctly....

Can I just say I hate Kovalev and the darn Montreal fans!!!..Its soooo loud there..ughhh

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

You are a personal friend of mine and I always have your back but im going to hold you to your resolution or Im coming to visit you and take back my Christmas gift and AQUIRE that bottle of Grey Goose that you got from your associates!!!..I know where you live buddy..hehehe

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

well you are a wonderful woman and i hope you meet somebody worthy!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
My Resolutions

1) I am going to relearn to walk and walk in to my home after two years for recovering from spinal surgery

2) I am going to Go back to school and get my degree in Managment Information Systems

3) Ask out this girl who has been supporting me through my ordeal

4) Write the first 24 issues of my comic book i am developing

5) Above all...... DENY IGNORANCE.

Thanks to everyone and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, and more importantly..... Happy Festivus.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigvig316
My Resolutions

1) I am going to relearn to walk and walk in to my home after two years for recovering from spinal surgery

2) I am going to Go back to school and get my degree in Managment Information Systems

3) Ask out this girl who has been supporting me through my ordeal

4) Write the first 24 issues of my comic book i am developing

5) Above all...... DENY IGNORANCE.

Thanks to everyone and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, and more importantly..... Happy Festivus.

You are my hero..Star for you..I hope it all works out for you..I sincerely mean that...Merry Christmas and a SUCCESSFUL NEW YEAR TO YOU!!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I hate to be cliche....but just as most women:

1. Drop a few pounds - I recently gained a few pounds from the Christmas baking (I'm my own worst enemy, I LOVE Christmas baking), and my jeans that I wore home MUST fit me on the trip back.

2. Genuinely sticking to my dietery changes - I've been meat free for 5 months, but now, I just need to watch my sugar, caffeine, and chemically altered/injected foods. Au Naturale - as much as possible.

3. Start up Yoga, again - Since going back to University I haven't been to Yoga much this past semester, but, come January I'll be unrolling that purple mat and living in those Yoga Pants again, I don't feel good when I'm not Yogaing.

4. Stop looking so hard - I know what I'm looking for is right in front of me, I just need the patience that I preach to others...

5. Miscellaneous "Carrot Quirks" that need to be ironed out... One thing at a time, one step at a time, one change at a time....

- Carrot

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

I have not seen a picture of your Christmas Tree yet young lady!!! We have a thread dedicated to your tree ya know!!!....

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Thanks. I appreciate it and will keep everyone here up to date. It hasn't been the easiest road, but I'll get there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join