It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Burger King Cologne of the Damned.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This is to be my first official BTS rant, and I'm pretty damn miffed.

I used to work as a GM for Burger King years ago, and I've seen many relatively horrible ideas come and go, but this one takes the vomit flavored butt cake. Burger King has released a cologne complete with the scent of flame broiled beef. What kind of gluttonous, repugnant, disgusting world has this become when a corporation does marketing research and says, "Hey I think this is a good idea; people will love this." This makes Crystal Pepsi seem like it was divinely inspired idea thought up by god himself.

Seriously if four thousands of years of civilization has just been leading up to people dousing themselves with fast food scented cologne, I really don't see the point of us continuing this failed experiment called humanity. Lets just chok it all up to a bad idea and hand the world over to the insects or whatever is marked next on the list to gain sentience. I'm being a bit dramatic, this I know. I realize that I am going a bit overboard, but hey this is a rant, and damnit I'm gonna rant.

This really is a sin against nature, against society, and against every fabric of my being. If the illuminati, the greys, international bankers, or whomever are the puppet masters out there could simply give me their assurance that they would end this, and execute the board of directors of Burger King, well I'd let them put an RFID chip in me tomorrow, and march in line with all the little conformity loving fascists out there. Just please make it stop, someone.

Those of you who know me, yes this is a bit unusual for me to have outbursts like this, but dear god, this is something I never could have fathomed.

That is all.

:bnghd:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
BTW it's called Flame. Personally I think anyone who purchases this, should point it towards their eyes, flick a bic, and start spraying.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I really don't see why anyone would buy it. I worked at McDonald's and I can tell you the first thing I did when I got home was take a shower. There is nothing in the world worst that the smell of sweat from working all day long and burgers. Anyone who has worked in fast food would not buy this crap. I would personally tell anyone who was wearing this cologne to get the heck away from me. I for one really think anyone who came up with this really needs their head checked. You know they never worked in fast food or they would of not came up with it.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
what are you people talking about? the smell of meat is one of the best fragrances I can think of. This is actually a pretty good idea in my opinion, the only problem is that I will get hungry whenever I'm around someone using that cologne...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by silverflame

Amen to that. While I worked there I had to take two showers a day, one before work, and one after. That grease and burger smell permeates everything... just ugh. I hope the manufacturers of this fragrance de fly slop burns to the ground. I want to see the workers punching themselves in the face to put the flames out, but hey that's me.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by silverflame
I really don't see why anyone would buy it.

I don't get either but some store in New York sold ten units of the stuff the first day it was available. Now isn't that a sickening thought.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

We can hope that it's some collectors. The same type of people who bought cans of Billy Beer in order to add to the collection.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
i think this would be something Burger King would pay people to spray themselves with, and just walk around the Burger King, to make people hungry, makes sense, doesn't it

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Eh, its just a publicity stunt. The goal is to get people talking about it. Its all for the sake of advertising. They are hoping that people will hear about this crazy idea and start talking about it and perhaps get people in the mood for some Burger King.

Well, this ad campain seems to be working, It got US talking about it didnt it?

Anyone for a whopper?

[edit on 21-12-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Considering all the B grade celebrities who have fragrances named after them, this was only a matter of time. I am surprised Mickey Dees did not beat them to the punch with their own cologne (insert Big Mac joke here).
I don't know anyone who wants to smell like a cheeseburger (the joke of an overweight celebrity and their assistant was not attempted as it is too easy).

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I do realize that it is probably just a publicity stunt. However, there are some lines that should never be crossed, and I feel that this is one of them.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Wow. This is disgusting. Let's hope nobody wears it while camping or hiking out in the woods where wild animals and carnivores are known to dwell.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by silverflame
I really don't see why anyone would buy it.

It makes you irresistible to a certain class of lady.

Be careful to stay out of arms reach if you ever hear that belly grumbling

[edit on 23/12/2008 by Now_Then]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Wow. This is disgusting. Let's hope nobody wears it while camping or hiking out in the woods where wild animals and carnivores are known to dwell.

Well look at the bright side, they'd be doing their part to make sure the bear population is well fed, and taken care of. In the bear's point of view, I can't imagine what would be greater Whopper scented humans.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The very thought of Burger King cologne is nausea-inducing.

I sincerely hope that this is just a publicity stunt that will go away fast. Can you imagine being stuck on an elevator with someone who overapplies the stuff? It's bad enough when it's a pleasant-smelling cologne, but someone reeking of grease and onions? No thanks.

Actually, I think there are more than enough people already walking around smelling like Burger King

P.S.- about the ten units sold in a New York store… I bet they were gag Christmas gifts.

Giving a whole new meaning to "gag" gifts

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Agreed, its just another grab for attention. they're probably not really going to sell this cologne en masse, rather they'd just market the hell out of it to get people talking.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953

This makes Crystal Pepsi seem like it was divinely inspired idea thought up by god himself.

:bnghd:

But I liked Crystal Pepsi.......

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
In complaining about it all you're doing is giving them free advertising.

Because if you complain about it, it's brought to some people's attention, and many people want to check it out for themselves to see if they like it.

new topics

top topics

join