It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Special about Jesus and Paul...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Has anyone seen it??? I found it to be quite interesting. Especially the part that Paul believed that the world was about to end. Because of which he said that certain things weren't necessary (Like sex, marriage etc...) Is it because of this that priests do not marry??? A misinterpreted message???

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i missed it...doesn't fox also have a jesus special? It's a very religious Easter this year...much more than it has been in the past few years. everyone seems to capitalizing on the Jesus story right now.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
yes i saw it and found it interesting, although i do not think that the english versions of the bible are even close to being divinely inspired. i will not go as far as to say that they are worthless, because they are very valuable to oppresive governments and the gods of hate.

i aslo saw a show yesterday where they said the in the hebrew versions the word betray was misinterpreted in reference to what judas did to jesus. since judas was familiar with the jewish priest he was appointed by jesus to be handed over by judas to the jewish authorities. they said that the verses should not have said judas betrayed jesus. a correct interpretion would have been that judas handed jesus over.

but hey i can't read hebrew or aramaic so i'll never know. one thing i do know though is the bible is not the true word of god, but simply literature written by men mostly to gain their personal, political, and monetary agendas.

if you ask for discernment from the Holy Spirit while reading the bible it can be a good book.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Has anyone seen it??? I found it to be quite interesting. Especially the part that Paul believed that the world was about to end. Because of which he said that certain things weren't necessary (Like sex, marriage etc...) Is it because of this that priests do not marry??? A misinterpreted message???

this isn't the reason why roman catholic priests aren't allowed to marry.
they all take vows of poverty, chastity and obedience.

when you enter the priesthood, the 'individual' takes the vow. however, when you are married, the two are conjoined spiritually, so there you can see where the idea of the married priest conflicts.

at any rate... in his letters, paul was addressing the people of corinth. they were known for their sexual misdeeds. so in order to set some sort of standard, he told them that if they couldn't control themselves, they should marry. what the historians were trying to point at was that he made no reference of procreation. he believed there was no reason for procreation because the world would end anyway.

interesting, nevertheless.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
i watched parts of it. SOme of it brought up good questions but alot of christian groups were bashing it. Im a christian and what i watched didnt make it seem like a bad thing. THe only bad thing is that is was a secualr perspective. I wish they would have a counter debate from a christian perspective.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I saw it, it was bogus bs. I also noticed how Jennings phrased certain statements in a derogatory and inflections in his voice to discredit any quote from the bible. Also the music that was chosen had a message of it's own.
Anyone who knows the Bible and history could quickly pick up on the errors.
The media again deifying itself. The chose 'scholars' from Universities I haven't even heard of and of all things...authors, who have no degrees to validate their comments. When the media makes religious programs...pay attention to the subtle! You will never get unbiased program. Discovery Channel, Learning channel etc...all bogus! Just look at who their sponsors are and check them out.

new topics

top topics

join