It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were the last person left on Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I would break into a sporting goods store and get a volleyball.

And go find a jet...

Better yet, Air Force ONe is MINE.

And take the tour all around the world I have always wanted.

Live in all the fun buildings for a bit, white house, buckingham palace, taj mahal.
That nice hotel in Dubai.

Hope the beer hasn't gone bad in Ireland.

And checking out a few secrets would be fun too.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by nixie_nox]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Once the alarm went off and I got ready for work as usual. I got out on the road and drove for an hour and saw no vehicles, on what is normally a busy road. I thought, "Oh no! There's been a red alert and they cleared the entire base and forgot to get me." Upon reaching my destination, I peered into a window and saw the clock. It was 3:00 A.M.instead of 7:00 A.M.

That experience gave me a miniature taste of what it's like to be the only one left. It was eerie, melancholy, strange and gloomy feeling.

If nobody else was left on earth, I'd take care of the two pets until they expired of old age. Then, if no other "purpose" in life presented itself to me in the meantime, I'd just go to sleep and never wake up again. I think a "purpose" is important, even if it is trivial such as taking care of two pets.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Dont know i'd think of something though...but if i was the last person on earth,there would be no power... id have to swim to france over the english channel and walk from there across europe,russia...china,but can imagine myself being eaten along the way.. could attempt to sail a boat for the first time in my life to america although i know i'd eventually die from tirelessly circling the globe because i dont have any GPS devices.Infact this wouldnt be fun at all...i hope it doesn't happen.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I am sure after searching through some government facilities you would probably find some advanced robotics... sort of like the guy in that other thread here somewhere, who made his own girlfriend.

Find a few of those and you shouldn't feel to lonely.

So many things would instantly become irrelevant.... money, job, appearance, clothes.... hygiene etc etc etc.

I think there are so many things in this world worth seeing, that you could be busy sight seeing / exploring for years.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spaznational

My answer really depends on the specifics of the event causing me to be the last man on Earth

I think you're right. If I woke up one morning and everyone else was gone, I think there would be a profound pull to try establish what had happened.

And of course, to try and rule out for certain that no one else was out there. I think that in itself, could keep me going forever - what if...?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Good timing with this one so close to christmas as thats pretty much what this scenario is for most people, especially those with social inadaqucey (spelling sorry) complexes and the sort of corse all manner of disorder's would be benifited here except those who dread being alone this would be like hell for them or worse especially at night, I have always thought about this and I think I would (jumpling on band wagon) go search for knowledge and enjoy what luxurys I could while I lasted hoping I could possibly start the human race back up before dying, cool thread

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'g go to London, because its easy to find because it would be sign posted and I wouldn't have to cross any oceans to get to it.
From there I would try and find out all the secrets and I would go to a library and learn how to survive and how to build things. I would also look for the secrets that have been kept from me. I would imagine if anyone was on their own for too long they would eventually go insane.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Taking care of pets is never trivial but a noble and delicious cause

As to the initial question, I like being alone but this would be like we used to live only totally alone. I mean after a while you have to grow your own food or be a gatherer. Me being a vegetarian I would not be hunting, but what about my cats... I think that just finding/crowing enough food would be so time and energy consuming that I would have no time/energy to start snooping around.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I pose this question to those who would seek information:

What good would all the knowledge of the world be if you had no-one to share it with? There would be nobody to debate with, no dissenting opinion to ideas that you develop once armed with said information. Without a single other living human being how would you judge your successes, failures, happiness, sadness? Honestly I don't think most people (if any) could truly cope with the concept of being the absolute last of their species in existence on the planet Earth. Who would you share the new found wonders in world no longer plagued by all the trappings of humanity? With no companion to share the breathtaking sights with, no moral support in times where you want to end it all, nothing to tether you to this world that so many seem to despise I suspect that a sole survivor would make it less than one calendar year before mental instability and psychological issues made suicide the final footnote of humanity.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I like the responses from people claiming they'd visit both the vatican library, and places like Area 51.
How're any of you going to get to the Vatican library?
Drive?

You don't just hop in a jet and take off, by any means.

Power would eventually go out; you'd be limited to the continent your own, unless you know how to refuel a plane capable of travel between continents.
Or you knew how to boat.

As for me?
Find a nice home near fresh water, stock up on food, and visit the library often

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
enjoing the silense........:-)

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I would enjoy it for a while but after about a week I'd probably start going paranoid and in the end die from hunger and thirst and severe psyhological damage...Or maybe the hungry dogs would kill...or zombies...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'd be spending a LOT of time looking for others. I never really get lonely normally but if the possibility of NEVER meeting another soul were presented I'm pretty sure I'd be heart broken, curl up and die.

After goofing off in every toy store I could get to that is.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I would be lonely.......... on a warm, white sand beach all to myself.

Oh yeah, and naked too.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by andolin

agreed

if I had to swim to Europe - that's what I'd do

but would definitely check out NASA before I left

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
funny i glanced at automobiles on above posts.
and yes, that's exactly what i would do too!

first off, before any big rain storms to put debris on the road, i would take out my triumph speed triple and blast down hwy 280 and hwy 1 along the coast as fast as humanly possible!

then i'd jump into the GTI and hit the 280 down to santa cruz, and back up the 1 as fast as humanly possible.

then i'd get a pick up load of apples or rubber balls and dump them down turk street and watch the fun.

i'd break a few windows in the financial district, and torch a few annoying buildings with large bells on top.

then i'd go find a go kart with a 250cc engine and cruise over to the golf course to rip it up all the cute grass.

after acting like a total child bafoon all day, i'd go and fill up as may gas cans as i could muster, get a few generators going, load up on groceries, beer, tequila, and "seeds" before the power shut down, then off to amoeba records to go shopping!

.................after a few months of tedious self-abuse and being alone, i'd put it all to an end. but not without setting off an entire parking lot full of illegal fireworks first.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lizziejayne

to me the information wouldn't be any less interesting without people around - the same as history is still interesting - even though it's over

since I'd probably have some time to kill - I'm not going to waste it on old copies of People

it would be lonely - no doubt - don't know myself how I would deal with that part

but, I already talk to myself

your survival instincts would kick in - you'd find things that give meaning to your life - one way or another

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm halfway there. I'd stock up on toys, find an auto parts store and fix up my bug as much as possible, then begin a grand search for a new body for it. After that was accomplished, I'd then take a grand tour EVERYWHERE. I can fly a plane, and refueling it wouldn't be too hard. Get a small cargo plane I can drive the bug into, a few gas cans of gas for it, and go everywhere! I haven't had a woman in over 20 years, so I wont be missing anything there. It'd be me and my cat. I'd find a town Saudi, and maintain it as best as possible- so, no fuel/ power problems. See what I could find robot wise for the grunt labor, Look for a solar array or truck in my own- and enjoy my little spot of paradise.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'd ransack all my drug dealer friends' houses and possibly the police departments evidence vault. Then get really stoned and explore....simple.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I would be so happy i would be able to travel, with no hassles what so ever, and ever being bothered by people.

Just imagine the peace you would have, if like in that xfiles ep, where there is no people what so ever.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join