It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil spirits are allergic to water?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I have heard over and over again that demons and other evil spirits have trouble crossing moving water.

I have also heard of people submerging themselves in showers, pools or rivers to break out of a possession.

THen there is "holy water."

Does anyone know if this has any signifigance, or it is just superstition?

Where did the idea of spirits having trouble with water originate?

If it is true, then why? What are the "physics" behind it?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I find this interesting. I've never heard anything like this before, except for being baptised and the holy water.

Do you have any links for this?

Has anyone else encountered anything like this?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I have heard the same things as far as the water goes, and I do believe it is a popular occult, and apparently Christian, idea.

I am finding a lot of links about Vampires not being able to cross running water, but I haven't found anything about spirits:

www.tabula-rasa.info...

www.answerbag.com...

pandius.com...

I did find this link, seemed interesting:

www.astraldynamics.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I am dealing with strange shadows in my yard which cannot be explained and at least when it is raining out we still see them so I dont know.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Hmm, I first heard the idea when I was reading a book by Paulo Coelho called "The Valkyries" in which a man and his girlfriend were being attacked by demons. They went into their shower to excape the attack.

There was also a guest on C2C who said he was accidentally possessed during an excorsism, and the demon left him later as he walked through a river.

I have heard of people recommending stepping through a sprinkler or a garden hose to cleanse the aura.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironjello
I am dealing with strange shadows in my yard which cannot be explained and at least when it is raining out we still see them so I dont know.

I remember your thread. I think yours are like "magnetic ghosts" of some sort... the earth records things that happen there. I grew up in a similar house.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Water, holy water.

Water mirrors honesty.

I am not surprised that evil spirits cannot cross that.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I read somewhere a long time ago that sometimes you can be protected by a haunting if you get in a flowing river. Then you should pray for the white light of protection until it goes away.

Or if you have your cell phone handy you could just call the police and tell them of your whereabouts. The evil spirits will not show themselves in the prescence of the fire dept, first responders, and police. You may have to act like you're stuck or something, but hell. Anything to get rid of the boogers after you.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
If you think about it, we are water, water is the prime viehicle for life. Water is also extremely interesting in it's own right, from it's energy content to it's behaviour.

I suspect all you need to terraform a planet, as long as it's in a suitable orbit, is to add water, nature will take care of the rest.

Some theorize that water has consciousness, that it is the viehicle of the akashic records, or some level of them.

Clean, pure, sping water from the mountains is the healthiest thing you can drink, and will keep you young and energised more than stagnant water.

Water is used universally for cleaning.

You cannot survive more than a few days without water.

Not surprisingly perhaps, in one of the few dreams I remember (for some reason I don't dream a lot), I had a voice tell me in no uncertain terms "It's all about the water"

Then we have the work of Masaru Emoto: Messages from Water, where he shows how water reacts to emotional content of words and messages.

So yes, I have no trouble accepting the possibility that everything bad has trouble with water. The NWO is trying to take control of water. Chemtrails are trying to control the weather and the distribution of water. And I suspect they have a low frequency, negative agenda at their core.

People should think about water more often.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Try burning some sage instead.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
put water in a jar. let it sit for a day in the sun...."holy water".

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Allow me to share with you some contrasting beliefs. In Laotian culture, some evil spirits or ghosts actually live in water. When people drowned it is often attributed to these ghosts or evil spirits dragging the person under the water and holding them submerged until they die.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Hypothetically, we could assume that deserts lacking sufficient moisture have lots of evil spirits and rain, which is water of course, symbolically drives them away.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Isn;t water conductive Maybe they've got so much energy it sends them into overload

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
*nod* They do have problems crossing water, usually, and even more of the time crossing salt. Some spirits cannot cross areas with high amounts of wood, or fire. I think anything that is really strongly elemental can put off different types of spirits.

I'd say go with salt though, if anybody asked me.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Very interesting RS.

Perhaps elemental spirits have trouble crossing their "opposite" element?

I think I've also heard, very sporadically, that spirits tend to avoid train tracks... perhaps passing trains create some kind of magnetic disturbance.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Maybe some of them. However, there are reports of spirits stuck on historic trains, or even modern trains. So... I think that maybe cancels out that idea.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I have always wondered about that.

Most people beleive that ghosts are attatched to a specific geographic location, yet there are many trains, planes, and ships that are haunted. Maybe I will start a thread on that, later.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The way a lot of celt lore goes bodies of water are protected by good spirits, like the lady of the lake.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Excellent thread!

We are water beings. Demons are fire beings. Would you cross a wall of fire?

Then there is salt. Legends say that they don't like salt either. TPTB try to make us believe that salt will kill us.

Here, every summer, they try to make people fear the beach. Sharks are a big thing on the news. And it's usually a 2 metre bronze whaler!

And of cause, there's the skin cancer fear. DON'T GO TO THE BEACH!

As a regular spearfisherman and scuba diver, I find that after a dive, nothing bothers me for days.

I think there's more truth to the movie "Signs" than people realize.

[edit on 7/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

top topics

join