It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell Phone Spying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Cell Phone Spying

www.newson6.com

...Carla Robinson's ex-boyfriend has stalked her for three years. Nobody could figure out how he was able to track her every move, her every conversation, especially when he was often out of state.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Holy cow man!!! Look at this local news story about how cell pones can be tracked... Now imagine this, if a dumbass woman abuser can track and stalk his woman by cell phone from out of state...

WHAT CAN UNCLE SAM DO?

Really people this is serious, now I aint suggesting getting rid of your cell phone but they can track us in so many ways and more and more appear every day. RFID Chips, car systems, cell phones, v boxes, pet chips where OH where does it END?

Our enslavement to BIG BROTHER would be my guess, but hey have been wrong before!

www.newson6.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Uncle Sam is in the best position - he controls the telephone system you use.

This has been sensationalized to a degree. The time this is a real problem is when the phone is used as a listening device by a 3rd party. How many meetings do you go to where someone has a mobile??

The other point to note is that this can only affect certain platforms (e.g. Windows Mobile devices). Older handsets without the ability to record audio, or have some form of remote data access aren't a problem from this point of view.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Is it a personnal software developped by her boyfriend or a software you can find on the net and everything ? Very strange & worrying this case.

I fail to see how you can achieve such a thing if there isn't "wi-fi" for instance on the cell phone but what do i know... If some geek can enlighten me

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Should prove extremely useful for sayanim spies what with the stalking and spying.

I read somewhere that the software at telephone exchanges in the US is maintained by an Israeli Mossad front company.

The cause;

Amdocs is a provider of software and services for billing, customer relationship management (CRM), operations support systems (OSS), and Web Portal (like XOHM). Its traditional clients are telecommunications "Tier-1" and "Tier-2" providers such as AT&T Mobility, Cable One, Cablevision, Comcast, DirecTV, Jupiter Communications, Sprint-Nextel, T-Mobile, Sensis, Vodafone, Fido Solutions and Rogers Communications (both of which use the ICM/CRM application). The company also offers outsourced customer service and data center operations. Headquartered in Chesterfield, Missouri, Amdocs has more than 17,000 employees and serves customers in more than fifty countries.

en.wikipedia.org...

The effect;

Report of Israeli Eavesdropping on White House Telephones Gets Varying Media Treatment

By Richard H. Curtiss

In its May 29 issue Insight magazine published an in-depth report headlined “FBI Probes Espionage at Clinton White House.”* The article, actually released on May 5, was the result of a one-year investigation by editors J. Michael Waller and Paul M. Rodriguez into reports that the FBI was probing allegations that the government of Israel had penetrated four White House telephone lines and was able to relay real-time conversations on those lines from a remote site outside the White House directly to Israel for listening and recording. The article also charged that the FBI was investigating whether similar penetrations had been made into State Department lines, possibly Pentagon lines and, most interesting, into unlisted, secret lines used by the FBI in its counterintelligence work, including its probe into the Israeli penetration already being investigated. The two reporters said the FBI investigation had been launched in late 1996 or early 1997 when a local telephone company manager became suspicious of an Israeli employee of Amdocs, an Israeli company that sells billing software to telephone companies.

www.washington-report.org...

They know where you are, who you call, what you say and your financial details. Is the US being stalked?

[edit on 063131p://pm3138 by masonwatcher]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I fail to see how you can achieve such a thing if there isn't "wi-fi" for instance on the cell phone but what do i know... If some geek can enlighten me

Have you heard of GPRS, 2G, 3G, EDGE, or HSDPA? Any of these can support a data mode of operation (as in Internet access), so as long as the phone has a regular phone signal, the phone can bring up a data session and "phone home". Meanwhile, normal phone services are unaffected (telephone, SMS etc).

What I'd like to know is how easy is it to subvert the little icon that tells you when it is on a data call. It changes from a big symbol ("G", "3G", "E", "H") to a smaller version with arrows when it is connected.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
You know I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread- when I was watching Sons of Anarchy, (EXCELLENT SHOW), I wondered why they all put their cellphones in a box before they had their weekly club meeting. I thought it was so they wouldn't be disturbed. Now I know.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I would suggest that everyone remove their battery unless using the phone....In any case, remove it once every 24 hrs for at least 5 min....

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Would transmitting a sonic signal (just above human hearing capable frequency) do anything to disrupt any of the recording/listening devices when one was making a normal call?

Just a thought, any experts out there?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by habu71

I would suggest that everyone remove their battery unless using the phone....In any case, remove it once every 24 hrs for at least 5 min....

Good idea if you don't mind resetting the date/time settings.

Intel hopes to bring free energy to mobile devices

Intel on Friday said it is researching technology to harvest free energy from the environment, which could lead to devices such as mobile phones running for indefinite periods without recharging.

The company is working on tiny sensors that can capture energy from sources such as sunlight and body heat. In the future, such energy could be used to power personal electronic devices such as cell phones
Macworld

In the future cellphones may not need batteries anymore. hmm

top topics

join