It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conservatives? liberals? wtf

page: 1

join
share:
Al

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I dont know what the hell are liberals and conservetives. dont flame me if you think thats stupid cause ive never really gotten into politcs. so I just want a nice clean un-biased answer

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Your in the Mud-Pit, there are no seemingly "unbiased"answers......

Please notice the WARNING for this forum.
Good luck, btw.

seekerof

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by Seekerof]

Al

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
well biased and unbiased answers. I hope I get the story from both sides

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
doesnt really matter in the end... in Australia, the USA, and the UK, the powerful liberals are just cnservatives in disguise... but basically the liberals are meant to be more open minded and open to equality and what not (democrats in the states) whilst the consevatives arent for big radical changes and tend to like things done 'the old way'... correct me if i'm wrong but thats my perception of how it works... (the greens are the true liberals which is why the 'crats got #ty at nader)

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Al
well biased and unbiased answers. I hope I get the story from both sides

Let's see. How best to answer...? I'm kinda a middle of the road person with more of a leaning toward conservativness. Liberals are a lot more "liberal" with my money and dispensing it to others. They, seemingly, think that it should be distributed out to others. They advocate a sliding tax scale, whereas the conservatives believe that there should be a flat tax rate. Conservatives think more in terms of defense programs and have more of a global outlook on policy, whereas the liberal spectrum of politics looks more inward on programs. The downsizing of our military and military pay was a purely liberal thing. Liberals are more likely to support the welfare program and, in my opinion it is destructive because it hurts more than it helps. IMO it hurts the recipients pride and conditions a generation to forsake the striving to rise above it's clutches. Anyways, hope this helps some. I'm sure others could give you more help, if they could keep from the rhetoric.

regs out...

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The terms "conservative" and "liberal" refer directly to the respective groups' opinions on how federal government should be applied.

Conservatives believe in the right (and responsibility) of the people to determine the courses of their own lives, for better or for worse.

Liberals believe that the adjudication of a federal government is needed to intervene in many situations, so that a national standard of living, economics, morality, and behavior might be created.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Conservatives arent so much for Welfare, and are Anti-Abortionists and Anti-pot.

Liberals are for the legalization of pot, Abortions, and Welfare.

Those are really the only popular arguments between the two sides I know you have heard of...

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Conservatives believe in the right (and responsibility) of the people to determine the courses of their own lives, for better or for worse.

Unless of course they want to smoke a joint, have sex with a person of the same sex, not have their children forced to pray to a god they dont believe in or any of a hundred things that they dont approve of.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Liberals believe that the adjudication of a federal government is needed to intervene in many situations, so that a national standard of living, economics, morality, and behavior might be created.

In other words they ALSO think they know better than you do how to live your life.

I dont see any basic difference between the two

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Yeah, and libertarians want to legalize everything and tax the # out of it.

Honestly, if they legalized drugs and prostitution, we would have a bunch of disease ridden, high bastards running around this country with the rich ass government without much of # to do besides watch all that tax money roll in, and watch society run itself into the ground.

Just messin' with you Amuk, I had to put that in since you're so fond of dickin with the major parties.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
YOUR OFF THE EDGE OF THE MAP MATEY! HERE THERE BE MONSTERS!

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
My God...

Colonel's old signature ate Ivan!

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Al
I dont know what the hell are liberals and conservetives. dont flame me if you think thats stupid cause ive never really gotten into politcs. so I just want a nice clean un-biased answer

Liberals are anyone who's not a conservative.

new topics

top topics

join