It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Holidays..... And Stuff.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Happy Holidays!
It doesn't matter if you have a Christmas Tree, A Manorrah, a Kinara, or whatever else you might use to celebrate the season. It is a wonderful season. The tunes of the season are unique and wonderful. A bowl of festive candy everywhere you look. Hot chocolate, and fattening foods are the norm. Festive smiles, and stories of holiday times abound.
Little children (and big ones like me) have wide eyes while awaiting the big day. I LOVE this time of year!

I do not want this to be a religous debate. Just a fun thread saying hello, and Happy Holidays to everyone. OK?

For the record I celebrate Christmas. In my home a turkey, or goose are going to be the center of attention on the table. Christmas Eve is probably the best of all. A Dinner of 7 fishes with family and friends. Putting out Reindeer food on the front lawn after baking some fresh cookies for Santa. Some carrots for those overworked reindeer as well. Putting up a bunch of luminari (Bags 1/4 filled with cat litter and a lit candle inside) adorn the driveway and street.

A fire in the fireplace. Christmas movies, one after another on the TV. A mandatory reading of the Night Before Christmas over a cup of hot cocoa. Oh yes. The sins of man, and the BS of daily life disappear for those couple blessed hours. Smiles, and imaginations roar with the little ones in anticipation. Midnight Mass.

Time to go home. Put on our jammies, and slippers. I wear a pair of Homer Simpson Slippers......... HEY! They're comfortable! My son is allowed to stay up on Christmas Eve. Remember not being able to fall asleep? I sure do. When he finally falls asleep, I carry him upstairs to his cozy bed. Then I rush downstairs and assemble everything that needs assembly - like every freakin' thing made these days.................... I make 'footprints' of sugar coming from the fireplace to the tree.
In the morning He comes charging down the stairs, eyes wide in amazement and anticipation...........
Does it get better? Nope.

Anyway. Happy Holidays to all of my ATS/BTS family. I am blessed to have you all as family. When you celebrate your Holiday, take a moment and reflect on how many good things we are blessed with.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Merry Christmas, lombozo. Have a good one.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Right back at you. I hope you have the best ever!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
We have a woods between our house and the next house up in our neighborhood. It's where all the water from the rains drain to. There's Raccoons & Opossums living there so when we put the reindeer food out Christmas Eve and wake up the next morning it's gone. Our younger kids know that Santa has been here and the food being gone is proof.

Happy Holidays everyone or Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Feliz Navidad, Joyeux Noel, Froehliche Weihnachten, Mele Kalikimaka, Buon Natale etc...

For anyone who doesn't celebrate the season " Happy Best Wishes To You ".

MERRY CHRISTMAS LOMBOZO !

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Happy Holidays to you and your Family Lom....

and to all of ATS.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I wish you and your family all the best this Christmas buddy.

This will be my first year assembling big gifts for Christmas, so I'm super pumped. I'll be putting together a 3 piece kitchen set this Christmas Eve and couldn't be more excited.

I'll be thinking of you guys.

top topics

join