It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hmmm.. this confuses me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Some one explain this to me?

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I believe its a jet breaking the sound barrier. The water molecules in the air expand due to the explosion of sound. I think. I'm by no means a scientist or engineer, or what have you. But I'm pretty sure thats the deal.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Appears to be Anti-Gravi...... opps, I mean condensation in low pressure area of wing under highlift condition caused by atmospheric conditions coming into play as loaded for bear F-16 bottoms out of dive and begins to level off.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
i think that it's a sonic boom.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
well yes, thats wut i thought at first, but that wasnt wut caught my eye, the cloud condensation begins in the back upward in the upper half of the aircraft and then a smaller cloud appears right before the cockpit canopy ends and covers just the top surface of it.

To me that seems strange, neevr seen a sonic boom like that before.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

there are two sonic booms, one at the leading and one at the trailing edges of the wings. hence the two points of condensation.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

there are two sonic booms, one at the leading and one at the trailing edges of the wings. hence the two points of condensation.

O, thanks for the update!!

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This atmospheric effect does not only occur at the sound barrier, but also a t slower speeds (see famous pic of B2 bomber) it has to do with the humidity (amount sos water in the air) and saturation (amount of water air can holds before precipating it out in water vapour)levels of the air, and more often occur over water

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by Popeye]

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by Popeye]

new topics

top topics

join