It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIAA Changing Tactics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
"Are the days of 12-year-olds being hauled into court for downloading illegal copies of Jonas Brothers' songs over? Is the online piracy fight shifting from the individual user to the Internet service provider? "

SOURCE: www.pcmag.com...

At least grandma-ma won't get sued anymore...

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
"Effectively, RIAA has turned itself into the sheriff, and your ISP into its deputy. Based on the same data gathering and user identification methods that have come under fire from the start, RIAA will now be able to get your Internet access limited or discontinued on its own if it for some reason flags you as an illegal filesharer."

SOURCE: www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I think we are finely Seeing the end of the RIAA, they are getting beyond desperate in what they are doing.
The ISP's are not going to stand by and let this happen as they will be in court for every being sued by there customers.

The one thing that the RIAA did not count on was the economy , and with people not buying CD's like they used to and by people not able to buy like they did will bring them down. I always said when you start attacking your customers , you are on your way out.

Even the bands dislike them and are doing very well at going around the music company's.
That right there should tell everyone something .

No I do not condone stealing , but I do not condone company's using and breaking the law to get what they want in there end.
If this had been handled in the correct way from the start , this would not have happened.
One thing that has caused and made this a big issue is there Rights of use,
you have to buy the product but they can tell and make you do what they want with the product.
How long will it be before you are sued by a company for cleaning your floor with dish soap and not using it for washing your dishes in the sink.
This is what this is about. And if we are not careful we will have this type of thing going on with a lot of products that we use in and around our home and lives.
Some will laugh at this but look around and see, this is and has started on some things we already use.
Read the labels and warnings on the products and see.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
what sickens me is most of the artists ( if you can call them that )) sing the songs belonging to other bands \ artists .. they just troll through the top ten songs of every yr for the last 40 yrs pick one and release it as there own...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
those cable and telco lines are very vulnerable, cutting someone off because of riaa may lead to no one having internet.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You might want to check that :
recordingindustryvspeople.blog......

If they can cut you off the net, put you down for the rest of your life, and eventually ruin the lives of your family members, they will.

edit : link
recordingindustryvspeople.blogspot.com...

[edit on 20-12-2008 by Chrysalis]

new topics

top topics

join