It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl who never ate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleTruth
I had a teacher at my high school who didn't ever eat. He couldn't. He had some condition or injury.

How sad. I'm not sure quite how I'd get on without food..(Of course, literally and psychologically.)

Touching on one's death via starvation..The rather exploitive David Blaine (sp?) magician had himself caged for forty-four days, and lived off of only water. He wasted away, lost probably four stones worth of body fat. (Read "The Hunger Artist" by Kafka to see his inspiration).

When you starve, your body firstly consumes its fat deposits. Then, it begins to consume muscle - and shortly after this, it works its way to the organs. Your urine is usually bloody, as are your stools - you are metabolising yourself, after all. From what I've heard, as well, you remain hungry for about five days. After this, hallucinatory experiences (audible and visual) begin to set in. Biology, from here, takes over: Your body's self-consumption fuels hallicinations, and an overall "Good" feeling, similar to a high off of a painkiller.

Interesting stuff.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join