It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamatolengy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm not sure where to put this but I had to post about it it freaked me out so much.

I work in a library and this patron has been coming in with acquisition suggestions all of which are bizarre new-age soul ascension type videos and books from what appear to be ex-swingers from Southern California.

I have no objection to this sort of thing. People are coming in wanting us to buy all sorts of religious/spiritual stuff from Scientology to Christianity to radical and fringe things from all over.

But this woman, she stared telling me how the world was going in this direction and soon we would all be at peace under some universal spiritual order.

Her proof?

Obama got elected.

Apparently she hasnt been paying attention to his cabinet choices and him telling reports asking questions to shut up.

To this woman and I fear to many more this man is indeed the messiah. Not figuratively. Not representative. But the honest to goodness messiah.

Until just minutes ago I thought it wall hyperbole to make a point but know I think there is a cult in the woods behind the building.

Any other first hand accounts? Not of people with simplistic beliefs or exaggerated expectations but of honest to goodness "this man will usher in a new global spiritual era" type stuff.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I hope your saying this as an American who realises your whole political structure is corrupt like most of the western world,if you think mccain winning would have made any significant difference compared to obama think again...maybe on the outside,but inside the exact same plan would have been followed through...soo all in all it really doesnt matter...dumbed down masses always fall for cheesy catch phrases, pseudo politics and glammed up entertainment.I wouldnt be surprised if a proportion of americans voted for obama because they thought obama girl was hot..thats the sort of state politics is in right now.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
I hope your saying this as an American who realises your whole political structure is corrupt like most of the western world,if you think mccain winning would have made any significant difference compared to obama think again..

All the more reason this womans behavior and attitude terrified me. No doubt if McCain had won this woman would be fortifying some doomsday bunker anticipating the coming of an anti-christ.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
But this woman, she stared telling me how the world was going in this direction and soon we would all be at peace under some universal spiritual order.

Her proof?

Obama got elected.

To this woman and I fear to many more this man is indeed the messiah. Not figuratively. Not representative. But the honest to goodness messiah.

Any other first hand accounts? Not of people with simplistic beliefs or exaggerated expectations but of honest to goodness "this man will usher in a new global spiritual era" type stuff.

The 'reasoning' behind this could be two-fold as I see it (excluding claimed factors of race or party). Mr. Obama rode into the whitehouse under the chant of "Hope" and "Change". Hope absolutely is a good thing, many Christians (such as myself) cannot have enough of it. "Change" on the otherhand is a neutral word. Change can be for the better, or it can be for the worse. The only reason why it has a positive connotation is because there are a lot of people who thinks we're either in a state of Hell or getting there. If he brings Hope, amen. If he brings positive change, great! BUT (and I have a big but
) the likelyhood that he will be pleasing to the party that elected him into office is highly unlikely. The President doesn't change Washington, Washington changes the President. "Read my lips" "I am not a crook" "I did not have sex with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky". Words are a dime a dozen, and with the trend of inflation it's becoming even cheaper. Obama-worship would have disasterous consequences.

Your signature line says it well:

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Faith in Government defies both History and Reason.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by saint4God]

top topics

join