It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Levi Johnston's mom arrested on drug charges

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Pills? What makes you think it is pills, and what kind of pills do you think are involved?

I would guess pills, too, but probably a little more than just pills if it's 6 different charges.

Why would I guess pills? Because I've actually heard of a lot of old ladies being charged with felony possessions of pills, a lot of the time simply because they don't have a prescription on them. And it may just sound like a stereotype but old ladies do take a lot of pills. I once heard of an 80 year old woman being charged with a felony possession for a pill that fell out of her wallet while she was taking her license out -- a pill that she once had a prescription for, but didn't anymore, and she didn't even realize the pill was still in there.

Of course I'm just guessing though, since it's always fun to wonder. I don't think this is a big deal though just because of how widespread this kind of stuff really is, both in relation to politicians and just on its own. Politicians know the laws, but they're just like everybody else. The extra knowledge they have only helps half of them break those laws more efficiently.

Edit: I just looked at that article and it mentioned oxycontin. I'm pretty sure that's a prescription pill, obviously not with a prescription in this case.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by bsbray11]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
who's next?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Sarah Palin was right you libral!
Obama was friending with terrorists, but Palin ain't...

PALIN around with drug dealers,,,

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Bald Champion

Sarah Palin was right you libral!
Obama was friending with terrorists, but Palin ain't...

PALIN around with drug dealers,,,

Her husband belonged to a group that wish nothing but evil against America. They hated the United States with a mad passion. That is her husband not some guy.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gnozt
who's next?

I'd hit it, but I wouldn't vote for it!
Perhaps the Palin camp set this woman up?
That would be a good conspiracy!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

You're right, the latest update from the AND lists the drug involved as oxycontin, Rush Limbaugh's favorite.

Little additional information was available Friday on the case as authorities remained unusually tight-lipped about details. But Palmer court records listed her scheduled court date and a troopers spokeswoman said in a release late Friday afternoon that the charges "are in relation to the drug oxycontin."

.....standard protocol for drug arrests is that law enforcement officials observe one drug buy, then get a warrant that permits them to record conversations and document more buys.

source

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

"When someone steps into the national spotlight, they are subject to scrutiny. That is a given. Its called vetting."

Unless your name is Barrack Obama? Funny, how there always seems to be a double standard when Palin's name comes up! The media is all over this non-story and nothing about Obama's on going scandals!

Boy, we sure have our priorities straight!!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I am going to quote GW Bush here, something I never ever thought I would do but here I go:

So what.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I bet the Governor's office doesn't want to comment. They probably just wish the whole thing would go away. I doubt it will.

Thank God Sarah Palin was not elected to national office. Alaska politics may be even more corrupt than DC politics.

I remember watching the Colbert show a couple months back and they were interviewing the current mayor of Wasilla. She was asked what was notable about Wasilla. She answered that it was "the meth capitol of Alaska." What drug would be more in demand in the "Land of the Midnight Sun?"

Like Robert Service wrote in "the Cremation of Sam Magee", "There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold. The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold. The northern lights have seen queer sights, but the strangest they ever did see...."

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Icarus Rising]

Or more corrupt than Chicago!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I have read that her son who went to Iraq had been involved with drugs.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

reply to post by bsbray11

You're right, the latest update from the AND lists the drug involved as oxycontin, Rush Limbaugh's favorite.

Little additional information was available Friday on the case as authorities remained unusually tight-lipped about details. But Palmer court records listed her scheduled court date and a troopers spokeswoman said in a release late Friday afternoon that the charges "are in relation to the drug oxycontin."

I was not thinking it at all before. In fact, I thought it was just typical hating to suggest it but now I smell setup. This is not how people get busted for prescription drugs.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

This thread isn't about Obama. Btw, he withstood more attacks than any other presidential candidate I can remember, right down to claims he wasn't a citizen. So take your right-wing talking points to the "Obama isn't qualified" threads, there are plenty to choose from.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

If you don't have anything substantive to add, you shouldn't bother posting. Review the T&Cs.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

There is a big black market for oxycontin and other synthetic opiates. Many times, prescriptions are forged or false names used and the pills are then sold for big profits. Also, at this point, I'm not convinced pills are all there is to this. We shall see. Then again, maybe not.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by aero56

I hadn't heard that. Maybe that's how he ended up in the military to began with. He could have been given a choice between serving time in the military or serving time in prison.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gnozt
who's next?

It's Tina Fay!

[edit on 20-12-2008 by guliver]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

reply to post by paxnatus

This thread isn't about Obama. Btw, he withstood more attacks than any other presidential candidate I can remember, right down to claims he wasn't a citizen. So take your right-wing talking points to the "Obama isn't qualified" threads, there are plenty to choose from.

You are comparing apples to oranges! This is some basically unknown woman who obviously has a problem right now.

Give me one reason why, this should be a news worthy story? All you are doing is exploiting someones disease. Nothing like kicking a person when they're down. Honestly with everything that is going on in the world today this is all you could come up with?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

If you don't have anything substantive to add, you shouldn't bother posting. Review the T&Cs.

Excuse me Icarus , didn't intend to ruffle your feathers with a simple response, IMO given the reference to Bush stating 'so what' when a shoe was thrown at his head in Iraq, the use of the term 'so what' has recently been on CNN as being the explaination or repsonse to many important issues, seems it is being used more and more, I made reference to that recent news article, assuming that the use of the term 'so what' when I used it would be captured in the same manner as it did when Bush, Cheney, Pink, ect. used it.
What I mean by 'so what' in this context is: I don't think it matters at all to me or to many others that Sarah Palins daughters boyfriend and baby daddy's mother (whew) is selling or on drugs. It has no importance in my life now nor will it ever.

Now is that better, Icarus, a nice long explanation? Jeez. I know, you are just trying to make friends here, that's it.

[edit on 20-12-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

No ruffled feathers here, though I like the pun on my avatar and hope it was intended. Again, it is difficult to ascribe emotion to the written word. I don't mean to sound harsh, I'm just blunt. If the story is meaningless to you, and I admitted in another post it isn't of earth-shattering importance, don't bother replying, just move on.

For some reason, I have recently become interested in goings on in Alaska. It isn't all about Sarah Palin. It started with Ted Stevens' Bridge to Nowhere.

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings or anything. That is certainly not my intent.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join