It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Check Points with Military Happening

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

You do make some good points. However, the fact that the orders came from a superior who answers to a superior, etc. means nothing as far as the lower ranking troops are concerned. They are conditioned to obey orders and even their immediate superior may be given a directive that appears to be within the constitutional law (though we know that the consitiution has become relevant to the commander and chief).

I believe our military are trained to respond to outside threats and have had no reason to consider a response to possible home threats until recently.

I just spoke to my brother who is ex marine and now has a missioniary role at a Texas base. I asked him the question, as troups, were you, taught about the constitution and especially posse comitatas. His answer was no. And he strongly disagrees with me on some of these issues.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

John Titor was no fraud folks.
It's all unfolding right before our eyes

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by emeraldzeus

Thanks for clearing that up for all the tin foil hatted ones. I was hoping some one would post the obvious before I got through all the responses.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by calcoastseeker]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I dont know how you got on the page but great job!

Lets keep up the passing of the info!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Wow. That's both amazing and scary that he wasn't taught about that basic tenant of the constitution.

I wonder if police/highway patrol are taught that? I just have a hard time believing that both of these groups, who are sworn to uphold the public safety and protect the common good, have not been instructed about posse comitatas.

I mean, the cops know all about miranda rights, because it affects how they do their job. And the military troops I'm sure know all about the geneva convention and the rights of POWs in case they should find themselves as prisoners of war or guardians of prisoners. You would think this stuff would be BASIC military and police officer training in case a situation such as this would arise. I have a hard time believing it isn't part of the required training.

But thanks for asking your relative about this issue.

I would still like to find out if anyone has interviewed any of the people involved.... citizens, highway patrol officers or observing military personnel.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This should all make sense to even the dullest of us.

Which would be the best state to introduce martial law at a snails pace that no one realized it until it is to late?

California of coarse! Why? Because it has a non American as its Governor.

Arnold Schwarzenegger was not born in America, thus he was not indoctrinated into the zealot patriotic ways of Americans.

Schwarzenegger would not give a hoot about the American constitution, so that's why the NWO gave him the state of California. He is the NWO patsie to enslave the American people in the final end game.

GET OUT - if you live in California - GET OUT

You have been warned...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The problem of the posse comitatus [just called a 'posse'] using Federal troops puts the troops under the command of the local sheriff and places them outside the military chain of command and the commander in chief's direct authority. This is a bad situation, because the locals could then use the military as they pleased, for example deputizing them to break strikes and supplementing the local police force at the expense of the Treasury. The military of 1878 welcomed the law so they would no longer be at the beck and call of the local sheriff.
You would think that if this rule were to be violated, i.e., that the US military would be used as a police force empowered by local law enforcement, that it would be done as far from view as possible. When the Navy intercepts drug runners at sea, it does not arrest them. On each Naval vessel assigned this duty, there is a US Coast Guard team attached. These individuals carry law enforcement badges and are authorized to make arrests, which they do. The LEDET teams are highly motivated professionals who guard our country in more ways than most know about.
Marine SP's also do difficult and often unnoticed, unapreciated tasks. They are concerned for Marines who are young and rash and who often over indulge and party as though tomorrow they will be shipping out for Iraq. They sometimes are. The military does care about substance abuse, including alcohol and tobacco. Tobacco is a longer term issue but alcohol and driving are immediate and do not mix well. You read the statistics in a previous post. Having a few Marines watch drunk driving stops by the CHP's and observing how they are done is not a violation of any law. Frothing over the constitution is pointless because this is not in the constitution, it is a law.
None of you were stopped by Marines and none of you were arrested by Marines. No one will be in the Brig. No one except Marines who have gone astray and will get reeducated on the consequences of one's actions.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
This retarded...to observe and observe only? What do they not understand abuot posse comatatius... NO troops allowed on free american land!! This is a direct vioaltion of constitutional law, and their jsut being sneaky about it...at moments notice, if they were told to harrass and arrest any american citizen a the checkpoint... game over for the perosn thier..unless they tried to run, and not get machine guned down..
This is a test, to see what citizens will do, when they try to get more troops into the citys across america..how or will we fight back..tis a trick gimmick

As for the Posse Comitatus Act, it can be sidelined by this:

The Insurrection Act

So all shrub has to say is ppl are plotting, and we got machine guns
at the mall.

I am surpised he hasn't enacted Directive 51 yet, that is most likely
going to occur shortly before the Inauguration.

Directive 51 and the FEMA executive orders

Ppl are going to love that stinking pile of dung when it gets enacted.

Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler would be proud !

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by royspeed
You might want to check out this thread, it will become clearer to you why the troops can wander around like they are doing;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Posse Comitatus is no more!

It was sidelined by Bush briefly, then it was brought back against
his wishes.

Recent Legislation - Posse Comitatus

But ... the loophole is the Insurrection Act, all he has to say is ppl
are plotting and dig up some half arsed evidence and it might as
well not even exist.

[edit on 20-12-2008 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cairowoman
We have to pump some life into this one....This needs to get on the front page somehow...
Star and Flag....

Done and done. This is getting really scary. Especially since I just got off of this thread VIDEO! Prisoner-Transport Rail Cars outside NYC

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moose Head
This is great news....the Illuminati is closing in and all the sheep will be gone soon...instead of the great depression their gonna call this the great extermination....

The terms they like are like this:

Returning to "Carrying Capacity", and "Die off".

Google those and you will see some of the "experts" who have decided
that 500 million is the optimum number of ppl for the planet.

It is also quite a coincidence that they write these paper and books
talking about "Carrying Capacity" and then someone carves it
in stone in way of The Georgia Guidestones...

The same amount... 500 Million.

I find it odd that they want to stick it in our faces.

That or it is a test to see how asleep the populace is now.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
wow. I cannot believe this thread made it this far. So overreacted over some basic COP training on DUI procedures. It is a shame that simple procedures can get out of hand on this website that says to "deny Ignorance." I guess its time to find another website that would "deny ignorance" and forget this playground for trolls.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by emeraldzeus
reply to post by antar

I get my facts from the fact that I am still involved with the military. My age is of no consequence, but if you must know, I have grandchildren.

That's my point, your 'involved'. In other words you put your own spin on this because you fear for personal retaliation if you dont go along with the injustice this stands for. You have no clue what this is all about, you are not 'in' the military.

As far as bars around military bases, you're ignorant.

That's rich Grandpa, I mean bars, clubs, dance halls, not iron bars.

And instead of arguing with me about what MP's know or don't know, go learn something about it first. It appears you just enjoy making up your mind without wanting to be bothered by details.

You are placing the highest volume of spin on this, not me. You say things that get the heads nodding in agreement, just simple known facts nothing special, then you throw in your own anger and resentments.

Let it go already. If you want to lose sleep over checkpoints in our little city, go ahead.

I sleep very well thank you very much. Yet I sleep with a clear conscience. I do not claim to be in the know and that helps tremendously, you should try it.

Spin it into whatever you want. You'll be more in danger of an alien abduction than the likes of us coming into your home.

There you go again, creating those little subtle barriers between you and me, why would you say 'us' coming into 'your' home? I doubt you'll be called up on this one, not the future which this action could be heading 'us' towards. No amount of past service will help, this is an all new playing field.

There are PLENTY of conspiracies to be had out there...underground bases, black projects, etc. THOSE are worthy of conversation, but not this.

There you go again, I am nodding in agreeance...

ONLY when they encountered a military person driving drunk did they get involved.

So you are saying that they are not only learning from the CHP how to identify a Military drunk on public roads verses the regular folk, but that this is a special bonding for the Military and CHPS?

Policing their own, that's it.

Same ole rhetoric shining through while you drive the under current of us against them... Da da daaaaa.

Marines take care of their own, good or bad, but if you've never served in the Marine Corps, you wouldn't understand....you can't even come close to understanding.

OK so how many brain damaged, limbless, homeless and down and out Marines have you taken in lately?

How many times have you seen the MP's hanging out in towns on a Friday night during the Holidays watching for their own? Oh other than that one episode of Andy Griffith when Gomer Pile goes into town on a date and gets in trouble? (That was a good one)

You underestimate the very people you loath....

EXCUSE ME??? You stand corrected. You Sir are the only one claiming to loath here.

one day, they may just save your sorry *ss from a REAL threat. Then what?

When that day comes I have plenty of brothers, sons and nephews that will be fighting right along side them. AND FYI, I would have their back in a heartbeat. I have a hell of a lot of love for my country and that is genetic and part and parcel for my heritage in this Country.

You are buying into media propaganda, perpetrated by the media.

I would never have to turn on faux news again if I listen to you, you sound like the very measure of what they stand for, you are touting their mission statement almost exactly. I quit Msm after 911. I was insulted by the fact that 2 weeks after the hit, they were telling the families it was time to put closure on it and moving on to the Iraq agenda ad nauseum. You are more filled with propaganda and flag waving separatism than I could ever be. You cannot claim to be Semper Fi, and then throw out your allegiance solely to your Military buddies here on the forum, yet speak this way with unfounded accusations towards a fellow American and forum member you do not even come close to knowing.

I can tell you what they are, but you probably won't care about that either.

OH? really, you have my attention, I am always open to listening to another forum members views if they feel strongly about their convictions and want to 'inform'...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by trthskr
Why would the military need to observe for DUI in the first place. That is not a military duty.

It might simply be cost reduction.

Active duty military are subject to double jeopardy, they can
be tried twice for the same crime, AND punished twice.

Maybe the military was pulled in due to the high costs of running the
DUI's thru civilian courts, and they just hand over the drunk service
members to the military as long as the punishment is satisfactory
with the civilians.

With so many cities getting ready to file for bankruptcy I think
it might be possible, as they know most of these lower ranked
military DUIs don't have any money to turn into revenue.

So it would transfer the prosecution costs to the federal level.

Wouldn't suprise me at all if it was a money saving measure.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Ok, I'm a bit confused (even after speaking with my Dad in a few posts back) - so I checked wikipedia.

Now here's something interesting I guess -

en.wikipedia.org...

United States military police are prohibited from enacting state police powers and domestic peace officer powers under the Posse Comitatus Act, a federal law passed in 1878. MPs may enforce certain limited powers, such as traffic stops, on access roads and other federal property not necessarily within the boundaries of their military base or installation.

So maybe they had "some right" to be there. I don't know. It just seems really weird.

But here's the part I really don't get:

The Posse Comitatus Act applies specifically to the U.S. Army (and, by extension the U.S. Air Force which evolved from a service of the Army under the National Security Act of 1947). The U.S. Navy and Marine Corps are not included in the statute but the Department of the Navy (which oversees both services) adopted the statute by regulation. The only military armed service entirely exempt from the act is the United States Coast Guard, as their mission include enforcement of law afloat;

Now, what does that mean the "...Marine corps are not included in the statute" ??? Does that mean they CAN go on US soil off base and act like police but all the other branches cannot? Because if I read that California article correctly, it was the Marines who were participating in the traffic stop.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
You think the checkpoint is scary? Seriously? The state of California has the largest state-level budget deficit in the U.S. right now, its inner government is so locked up in conflict that nothing can get done, school programs have been cut to the point that only reading, writing and math are left and California's governor is trying to change the U.S. Constitution so that non-natural U.S. born citizens can become president.

And you're whining about a stupid checkpoint in front of a Home Depot?

When the U.S. government refuses Ahnold's request for a state-level bailout and California itself has to declare bankruptcy (if it can), and possibly declare marshall law due to not being able to maintain its own infrastructure, those military men and women may be the only ones saving you from a posse of hoodlums with shotguns who want your car and your wife. Worst case scenario? Yes, but hey if it can happen in any state it will happen in California because it's the most screwed up state in the nation right now.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Remember this little incidence?

Backers of illegal immigration at a rally near Los Angeles took down an American flag at a U.S. post office, stamped on it and replaced it with a Mexican flag as police looked on, according to witnesses and a video of the event.
Police officers in Maywood, Calif., Saturday eventually came to the pole to remove the flag but had bottles and rocks thrown at them, a radio listener named Sandra reported to the Terry Anderson show, heard on KRLA in Los Angeles.

www.wnd.com...

Where were the Military then? They were only a few short minutes from Maywood. Was it because they only invade our Public streets to watch out for drunks and warrior bond with the CHP? To trade the secrets of how to make drunk check points? Ah Huh...

No nothing going on here, nothing to see or take notice of, just move along now.

I bet when the SS began to make a serious presence in NAZI Germany, people just turned their heads and hoped that they would go unnoticed. People joined rather than stand up against tiernay, murder and oppression.

[edit on 20-12-2008 by antar]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Dont get me wrong I am greatful for all that has been done by our troops in times of tragedy like Hurricane Katrina. Point is they did not need the Police to teach or show them anything.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
i say we pull a "GREECE" on their checkpoints

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcgilligan02
wow. I cannot believe this thread made it this far. So overreacted over some basic COP training on DUI procedures. It is a shame that simple procedures can get out of hand on this website that says to "deny Ignorance." I guess its time to find another website that would "deny ignorance" and forget this playground for trolls.

And is the point made many times, that if the paranoid public takes to the streets and begins rioting and causing chaos and disorder over absolutely nothing, then the civilian authorities will call in for help and the next in line to do that is the national guard, then regular military.

Now if this were seen all across the nation, in every city, town, suburb, every corner, every intersection, every mall, every corner store, everywhere, then and only then would all this cry wolf have any merit.

For now, its just tabloid tidbit tall tales that only gets the attention of those with nothing else to do but put themselves into the paranoid bunch.

But like I was saying before, if that is what the people want..mass hysteria and chaos, then by all means make it happen and make martial law happen and make check points happen and NWO happen.

So..what is it you want? Try wanting recovery of our industries and jobs and demand getting off the drug oil IV and renew space exploration to create new industries and countlss millions of new jobs for us..instead of all this "its all gonna end NWO martial law" garbage.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 20-12-2008 by RFBurns]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join