It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Check Points with Military Happening

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
i couldnt have said to better myself, great post emeraldzeus

semper fi

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by emeraldzeus
reply to post by questioningall

Thank you. Not only did you quell a thread that might have spun into Doomsday scenarios, you provided concrete facts (a rarity around here) to back it up.

I read this board a lot, and the one thing that really irritates me is how the topics to thread are written to mislead the reader.

"California Check Points with Military Happening" leads me to believe there are multiple checkpoints in Cali, (which there aren't) where the Military is conducting stops (which they're not, they're observing).

It's usually a doom and gloomer leading off with a "DOOMSDAY:" title. It's ridiculous. I enjoy reading about what's going on, trust me. But what I hate is when people blow stupid garbage out of proportion.

That's all this is. Move on folks.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

If it were just a mere observation, why couldnt local cops be brought on base? Why do Marines need to be on our streets? Also, do you actually believe that MP's cant test for a DUI? That they need to observe a local cop? Step back from this a little and look at the bigger picture. Why is the military working closely with local cops? On free American soil?

This is a prime example of people just not KNOWING the facts! First of all, civilian cops don't NEED to come on base....if you get a driving infraction on base, you're done! Driving privileges taken away, you name it, depending on how bad the infraction was. You'd have to be pretty dumb to screw up on base like that, (although there are instances!).

Second, civilian cops don't need to come on base because the amount of civilians that are allowed on is minimal.

Third, the deaths don't occur on base....they occur out in town! HELLO?!?

Fourth, MP's are trained to be just that...MILITARY police. The civilian cops and MP's are learning from each other, to help promote good relations and a team effort at helping these communities with a common, deadly problem. I would venture to say, (although I'm only speculating here), that MP's most likely DON'T get a lot of DUI/DWI infractions, simply because the penalties are so tough on them....far more than what civilians see.

Fifth....free American soil? Since when did this turn into a "you against us" campaign, where "we" can train and train WITH foreign armies and police, but can't do it with our own on our OWN "free" soil?

I'm shaking my head in utter disgust here....I believe there are true conspiracies, but this isn't one of them.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

This just goes along with Obama's policing force he said he was going to form. They would have all the funding, training, and equipment of the military. Their "job" would be to protect civilians from internal terrorism and maintain civil order. Sounds like the original ideology behind Hitlers SS. Just population control

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
All I will say is read your constitution.
and that is the supreme law of the land.
unfortunately, no body told the military. so I guess we will have a few engagements and a few riots and then,, and maybe then...

We will not spend - not work - until America is restored.
you cant fight them - thats what they want you to do. so relax,
and know there are a hell of lot more of us than there are of them and sooner or later we will have our country back. but it appears some yahoo's who hang out here want to start Civil War II .. only major problem we the people are on one side and the government is on the other and these Nazi's have changed so many words in so many laws it will take a revolution to get back to the mission this land's law promised man kind.
now thats not saying much since this coming Fascist state does not speak for the people but rules over them. and the sooner we realize what the USA is up to, I'm sure the good people on planet earth will deal with this evil force that is emminating from our country. be vigilant, be alert and wait for people to start dying and then I guess it is open season on the system. all men protecting their square inch of earth against our nations enemy who is now controlling our nation. as you can see they are lawless and we are lawful. so say yes and thank you and know one day - they will pay permanently - cuz, this enemy is very old - ancient and they are patient - "We Will Know Him By His Deeds"

[edit on 19-12-2008 by BornPatriot]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Personally, if i lived their right now, Congress and government would be expecting an email form me..concerning the troops, posse comatatius, and what the citizens law is.. nicely though, afterall, you dont want tp piss them off, so they come and get you.

I does not matter where you live in the states; this is a crime against you. Piss them off or not -- they will be at your door soon.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This is great news....the Illuminati is closing in and all the sheep will be gone soon...instead of the great depression their gonna call this the great extermination....

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by emeraldzeus

Cool brother.... you live close by and can visibly see that there is no "conspiracy" and I do not think there is one as well. No conspiracy. From my point of view living in California, right down the street from a National Guard Base, I have no problem seeing them. Seeing them drive in their trucks every once in a while, or hearing them practice their instruments and marching. I even feel just wee bit safer knowing that just right down the street there are many guns and humvees available in case of invasion.

But what I do see here is that "they" (feds, state, & local law enforcement folks) are blatantly disregarding The Posse Comitatus Act. Which is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385) passed on June 16, 1878, (that Jezus posted). We all are doomed if the principals of The United States Constitution are not upheld! That is really the concern and the bottom line. No conspiracy, it is just the fact that they (Military) are not supposed to be doing what they are doing.

I have not seen any video on this at all. If I were to see this occur in my neck of the woods, I would grab my camcorder and take a few shoots. All I could find through a google search was a youtube (which is “banned” today ) video from Alex Jones..

[edit on 12/19/2008 by Illuminated_1]

[edit on 12/19/2008 by Illuminated_1]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The military does not need to learn how to conduct DUI check points. They are very good at giving out DUI's already. When I was stationed at a certain base they gave out DUI's every fri and sat night. Maybe they were just lucky only one road to the NCO club, so just about every car leaving could have been a DUI.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
conspiracy or not what would happen if someone refused to show there DLs or Registration to a off base M.P.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I very rarely see army people in my area on-the-job/in uniform. In fact, the only time I remember seeing any army people was ten minutes after I mentioned that I believed 9/11 was an inside job for the first time in a place open to the general public.

I don't think it was a co-incidence but I'll certainly never have any evidence either way.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by truthquest]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Usually when the Mp's are that far away they have a good reason and that would probably be that one of the marines from "twenty nine palms" training center was in a heap of trouble and the MP's were there to assist in the capture of one of their own. This is not unheard of and the fact that the military likes to handle its problem children swiftly and correctly is a conspiracy? come on people wake up and have some faith in the people who serve this country through the military. I think that Our brothers, Sisters, cousins, sons, daughters, and so on and so on are alittle smarter than what some of you take them for. we all do not fall into the stereotypical group of brainwashed monkeys that you like to think that the military is. But do not forget there is always that special 10% of idiots and jerks and racists and the like that are every where in our great country.

bring the real truth forward

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
What training the Military receive for on base credence has always been highly specialized, this is not correct, as a matter of fact the CHP could learn a thing or two from Military Operations.

Again I ask, "Does this have anything to do with why so many troops in the middle east have been committing suiside?" 21 at ONE dinner?

What is coming down the pike that could be so disturbing to those who have already seen and experienced the worst life has to throw at us?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Originally posted by emeraldzeus

This is a prime example of people just not KNOWING the facts! First of all, civilian cops don't NEED to come on base....if you get a driving infraction on base, you're done! Driving privileges taken away, you name it, depending on how bad the infraction was. You'd have to be pretty dumb to screw up on base like that, (although there are instances!).

I dont know where you get your facts but the most American bases have bars all around them, and the MP's have had plenty of experience, really...

Fourth, MP's are trained to be just that...MILITARY police. The civilian cops and MP's are learning from each other, to help promote good relations and a team effort at helping these communities with a common, deadly problem.

Now 'that's' the biggest load of BS Ive ever heard! The Military has NEVER been concerned about alcohol or the people who drink it. We DO NOT want the Military policing drunks, under any situation. And promoting good relations? HA! Since when has there been a problem between them :puzzle:

Fifth....free American soil? Since when did this turn into a "you against us" campaign, where "we" can train and train WITH foreign armies and police, but can't do it with our own on our OWN "free" soil?

WHO Are You? Where are you from and just how young are you?
This country is already a free Democracy and we dont need policing and Military training the Police for any kind of situation like in the third world countries or war torn regions of the world.

This has gone beyond the worst form of propaganda and is taking a personal shot at our Liberty.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by antar]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I seriously hope Obama bans this crap. If he doesnt, it will be just more of the same as we have been saying here for a long time.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
But there's military all over the place, this isn't "the bud." The time would be when things actually start getting fishy, not when a couple check points form.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I live on the military base here in Twentynine Palms. There is a billboard by the gate when you leave the base that has the number of fatalites, injuries, and DUI's for the year. Right now that number for DUI's is 151.

So I can see why they might want to tag along to see how a DUI checkpoint is done.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Awesome thread. I'd like to add a few things and ask a couple of questions:

1.) First, to Questionall-

Thanks again for another wonderful post. I read about the checkpoints in California on George Ure's urbansurvival blog this morning. I was going to make a post about it myself today after work if nobody else had, so I'm glad to see that somebody else had.

2) To Emeraldzeus-

Please know that all of us here in ATS (well, at least not me) are NOT against the military personnel or the military, in general. My grandfather was a WWII veteran, I have many friends who are veterans or were active duty at one point, and I almost joined the military myself after 9/11 (before I learned the truth about 9/11) but I couldn't due to a medical problem. We need the military to keep us safe.

However, we ARE opposed to corruption of government or blatant misuse of the troops. And any use of US troops on American soil for ANY civilian reason is mis-use. So, even if the MPs were merely "observing" the CHP, it is still a violation of the constitution. Think back to your American History/American Government classes: there is a reason for everything in the Constitution.

That being said, I don't buy the excuse that they were merely "observing" at all, because I know plenty of guys who lived on military bases, and their MP's have PLENTY of experience giving out DUI's. They don't need ANY practice, because I know one guy who got kicked out of the military due to a DUI. They know how to do a checkpoint just fine. The military spends TONS of money on training Marines and MPs....they don't need to send them on civilian ride-alongs. And no disrespect to the CHP, but I can't imagine that Marines could learn anything from the CHP, anyway.

What I, personally think, is that the military is up to something, and they are using DUI checkpoints as an excuse. The military knows about the constitution. I think that they are using this little exercise to gauge the reaction of America. They want to know what people will do when we see military personnel at a traffic checkpoint. I think it has nothing to do with DUI...it has everything to do to finding out how many (if any) Americans will put up a stink about this.

But let's assume that your explanation is correct, and let's just say that they were out there doing checkpoint training. Here's my question:

If there truly is a 100 mile zone of our borders that is constitution-free, and if this gives them the right to do checkpoints in the U.S. then why on earth are they NOT patrolling our border with Mexico, watching for illegal immigrants coming up from Mexico?? Hello??? All the Mexican and Central American criminals and drug-dealers, and human traffickers and gang-members coming up from Mexico are becoming a HUGE problem. (Not to mention all the Mexican non-criminals sapping our resources, but that's another subject entirely.)

People have said for YEARS, why can't we send in the military to protect our borders?? Constitutional lawyers then say that the military can't, because it's prohibited in the constitution to put troops out on US soil for civilian purposes. So....let me get this straight....it's illegal for the military to patrol our borders to protect against foreign nationals crashing and invading our country, but they CAN conduct joint maneuvers in DUI checkpoints against Californians?

Nope, I don't buy it.

Also, regarding your argument about the checkpoints were there because the military wants to protect the welfare of their soldiers, because of so many civilian DUIs so close to their military base: I don't buy it.

PTSD and post-war suicides are killing a hell of a lot more military personnel than DUI accidents at this point. It doesn't make sense that they would spend extra resources "learning" how to conduct DUI checkpoints better, when there are so many more soldiers dying from PTSD and depression due to insufficient health care resources in the military. If they really want to protect the welfare of their military personnel and prevent more of them from dying, have them go in an take over a civilian hospital and demand free healthcare for suffering soldiers and vets from civilian hospitals. I'd buy that excuse more than a DUI checkpoint training operation excuse.

No, if there were Marines, in uniform, at a traffic checkpoint in California, you can better believe the military WANTED people to see the Marines in their uniforms. If the military wanted to send them there strictly for observation without causing a stir or being noticed, they would have at sent them in ride-alongs in their civilian clothes so people wouldn't get the wrong idea and avoid all possibility of a national uproar.

3) If anyone out there from California was a witness to the events this morning, I'd love to hear from you. I'd like to know what you saw, first hand.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by nikiano]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Dont forget that Ca is a state that also has a very serious illegal immigration problem as well. These military MP's going out there are probably doing alot more than observing for DUI's, which is such a rediculous cover for what they are really out there doing. Anyone, I mean anyone can spot a drunk driver!

All I am saying is that MP's with civilian law enforcement is NOT a new thing nor is it any move to begin martial law and all this other doom and gloom bs going around.

BTW, last time I saw a uniformed military person was at the menu line at Burger King ordering lunch. Does that mean that I should start screaming bloody murder and go around and declare that a secret plot to enact martial law or NWO is underway?!!

No of course not. I see this as the MP's are simply gaining some training in the civilian area, to not only be better prepared for when their service term is complete and move into the civilian law enforcement service, but to also get some advanced heads up just in case all these numbnut people who spread conspiracy and chaos over nothing, begin to take to the streets and be the very cause of enacting martial law.

Wake up and get real. There isnt going to be any martial law or military in the streets unless the population forces the situation to overwhelm the civilian authority to call in for help.

In lamen terms, it depends on what the people do that determins the outcome.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 19-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Curious if any ATS'ers are in the Las Vegas area who may have seen this happening? Just a theory

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join