It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Check Points with Military Happening

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Link to story:
www.kesq.com...

The Friday night checkpoint was in front of the Yucca Valley Home Depot on Highway 62. What has High Desert residents confused is that they are not used to military police so far from the Marine Base.

From the local radio to internet blogs, residents were concerned the Military Police presence violated federal law.

The original California Highway Patrol news release mentioned the military presence. One released shortly later doesn't mention the military, arising community suspicion of a cover-up.

It seems we have now entered a new phase, forget the consitution.

We have known that the military have been on our streets since Oct. 1st, supposively to keep civil unrest, terrorist plots etc. under control.

But it seems they are actually taking a step farther into the military patroliing our streets.

Checkpoints for DUI have been set up in California with Military presence.

Supposively the Military was present - ONLY to see how a DUI checkpoint is done, so they can do it on the Military bases. That has got to be one of the LAMEST excuses I have ever heard of!

Congress passed the Posse Comitatus Act more than a hundred years ago forbidding the military from enforcing civilian law such as traffic stops.

Marine Lt. Thomas Beck tells News Channel 3 the Military Police were not arresting people. They were just watching the checkpoint to see how they should do it on base.

"We were not actively participating in enforcing any laws. We were there to observe and observe only, " said Lt. Beck.

The California Highway Patrol says they invited the Marines to tag along.

This is in total violation of our rights, but it seems no one cares anymore about what our consitution says and what the U.S. citizens rights are anymore.

When asked what they learned from Sheriff's and CHP that night, Lt. Beck replied, "We learned a lot of techniques how they conduct the checkpoints. We observed field sobriety tests."

It seems they may be trying to get people used to seeing Military Checkpoints around.

Is this coming to all of our locations soon? That is of course......The Military learning how to do DUI checkpoints, jeez nothing else but that.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
We have to pump some life into this one....This needs to get on the front page somehow...
Star and Flag....

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
In the very first release they where going to be working side by side with the chp doing the check points. ALOT of people got upset so they released a second then third prop sheet saying they would only be standing around to learn how to do it for their base. They didnt think so many people would over react which is what led to the watering down of their running the check points in the first place.
Just to make sure you understand... if you live within 100 miles of the borders of the united states you are living in a CONSTITUTION FREE ZONE! ( its up to 150 miles in some spots)
Thats about 2/3's of the US pop living with no rights. The ACLU has a court case "pending" about this, but it has been in effect for a long time I doubt they will get it repealed. The excuse for getting it put into effect in the first place was for protection from terrorists. Seems mighty odd to me that the American peoples rights have been repealed to "protect" us from terrorists.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This retarded...to observe and observe only? What do they not understand abuot posse comatatius... NO troops allowed on free american land!! This is a direct vioaltion of constitutional law, and their jsut being sneaky about it...at moments notice, if they were told to harrass and arrest any american citizen a the checkpoint... game over for the perosn thier..unless they tried to run, and not get machine guned down..
This is a test, to see what citizens will do, when they try to get more troops into the citys across america..how or will we fight back..tis a trick gimmick

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Personally, if i lived their right now, Congress and government would be expecting an email form me..concerning the troops, posse comatatius, and what the citizens law is.. nicely though, afterall, you dont want tp piss them off, so they come and get you.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This really deserves more attention.

blogs.knoxnews.com...

"This little ol' federal act would seem to be pertinent: The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385) passed on June 16, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction. The Act prohibits most members of the federal uniformed services (the Army, Air Force and State national Guard forces (when such are called into federal service) from exercising nominally state law enforcement, police or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order" on non-federal property (states and their counties and municipal divisions) in the former Confederate states."

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Jezus]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Meh maybe it would be better to have military checkpoints. When I was in Egypt they had checkpoints full of guys with with ak-47s and trucks with mounted machine guns. I know I know, we aren't Egypt but still, I think people are over reacting about military presence. When it becomes abundant all over the place and becomes restricting, then I think it would be time to take some sort of action.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

That will show them, an email. Good thinking.

Lets be real about this. Our world is changing, and not for the better. No one cares anymore. How many people do you know that understanding anything about the Constitution, how about just the Bill of Rights? The world has gotten lazy, feeble minded and doesnt care whats rights they must sacrifice as long as they have their creature comforts that they dont need to pay for.

The world is changing, and you want to send an email? This is part of the problem. If you want to enact change do it. Run for office, protest at your elected leaders offices, send stories like this one to your local media outlets.

If the people out there who see things like this happening do nothing but complain that something must be done, who will actually be the one doing something about it?

So either rise up and demand positive change and try to bring our nation back to its heritage and roots or stand by and start waving the UN flag. Your choice.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

Well, joining the system will not do any good. The system is the problem. Sovereignty is the only way, self rule, do no harm. Any traffic stop by a police officer if he has not witnessed you commit a felony against another human is a violation of our right to travel public roads.

A traffic stop is an arrest, and the Constitution clearly defines when an arrest can be made. Thus, if the probable cause of a Peace Officer does not meet the standards set forth, it is a violation of the officers Oath of Office, if there is more then one officer on the scene, it is TREASON. Look up the definition of treason.

This, of course is the Law of Land, not commercial statute. Few people know the difference.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
There is no violation of the Posse Comitatus Act if the military was just observing. If they were actually issuing citations, tickets, or arresting people, then there would be a violation.

Military police do a lot of training hand-in-hand with local law enforcement in order to make them more effective on base.

If this is merely observation, then you are all making a big deal out of nothing.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7H3Y 4R3 C0M1N6
When it becomes abundant all over the place and becomes restricting, then I think it would be time to take some sort of action.

No, when things get to that point it is TOO LATE.

You have to nip these things in the bud.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by salchanra

...or stand by and start waving the UN flag. Your choice.

WOW! well put, we'll be hearing more of the UN than people think.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
There's only one checkpoint. Your topic is misleading.

State the facts, not what you're hoping for.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You might want to check out this thread, it will become clearer to you why the troops can wander around like they are doing;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Posse Comitatus is no more!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I think we should be buying huge stickers for our car: Down with NWO
Fasicsm and Bloodlines

Move aside the Constitutionalists are here!

NWO = Nazi Germany
Deny Ignorance
Deny this Blast from the Past

They should be sold on every street corner. Let them observe their real constitutional Collective Employers in action.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This story is disturbing. Perhaps someone who doesn't pay attention to the world might actually believe that the Marines are there "observing the checkpoints," but in reality, it makes no sense. The Marines have been in the Middle East since 2001, I'm sure they have plenty of experience operating checkpoints. So that argument is out the window.

So I guess the question is: why are they doing this? What are they looking for? What kind of threats have been made in that area? What else is in that vicinity that they're protecting? Are they really looking for a terrorist with a car bomb? That's one of the only things I can see that makes sense.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What you see so blindly is blatantly so true. Coming from a military background this is coming more and more so often when military police whether in what branch are honing there skills by "riding along" DUI checkpoints. They learn firsthand how in the "real world" how drunks act. There is no conspiracy here. seriously there is none. I cannot believe how quickly this can be blown out of proportion. Seriously deny ignorance before you post.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

AMEN!!!! Why post anonymously? You hit the nail on the head but you did it anon, you should sign in or make a name and register and then we can discuss this very important thing you brought up. I was reading through the posts and SIGHING REPEATEDLY at the ignorance of the words being used? Words like Citizen, U.S. Citizens, Citizens Law and some U.S. Code postings...

If these people understood how the U.S. Government has taken power over them or rather better said JURISDICTION over them they would be better equipped at stopping these glaring instances of Tyranny...

There is a law passed and signed by Pres.Bush that did away with Posse Comitatus and Habeus Corpus laws as well as pretty well shredding the U.S. Constitutions first 10 rights, notice I said FIRST 10, as well as Natural Law and States Rights, and by State I do not mean the De Facto STATE but the De Jure State...

As for the thread topic I think I covered my thoughts in this post to Mr or Miss Anon... Illegal, Wrong, here should have been 10,000 Protesters at that site that night and they should have forced the Military to either STEP UP or STEP DOWN... If we allow them to slowly acclimate us to their presence when they go FULL BORE people will say things like "It's common", and "It must be legal they have been doing it for a while".

GREAT FIND FOR THE OP!

Starred and Flagged for the reason this must stay o the top of the daily lists!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

It never ceases to amaze me that folks that don't even LIVE here are spinning this out of control. There is another thread about this whole issue in which I cleared this up already.

First of all, there are a LOT of liberals in these parts....no matter what "we" do, they will find fault, period....good, bad, or indifferent, makes no difference. This is one of those instances, and the fact that there was a report about it in the media, shows me just how little folks respect the very people who bring business to their cities. So let me clear it up AGAIN....

A new General came aboard not too long ago. In the change-over, he was angered by how many deaths occur on Highway 62, which is the VERY long, straight, stretch of road that goes through several cities down to Palm Springs. Marines are constantly driving this road. It is a VERY DEADLY ROAD!!! I personally have witnessed several fatalities since living here, and have even lost a friend on this road. The numbers are staggering. So, the General and base officials have been meeting with city officials of Yucca Valley, to team up with a plan to crack down on drunk and reckless driving. I cannot find an MP3 clip of what I heard just last week, but in the words of the General to the city council:

"You police your dummies, and I'll take care of mine."

Very simply put, the General is being a darn good "father" to a bunch of irresponsible military personnel, in order to save their lives and the lives of others. HOWEVER, innocent military personnel are also losing their lives because of reckless civilians. This is a joint effort to pump up awareness on a road which these cities have pretty much let go to hell. I for one, am GLAD to see this!!! THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY HERE!!

I have never seen a more whiny, lazy, uninformed group of individuals as I have seen living here. I am disgusted over the local radio stations spinning this and everything else out of proportion, without ever bothering to get the facts....isn't it just like the media to do so? Z-107.7 is known for this, and most military members have their own nick-name for a certain DJ there who ALSO sits on the 29 Palms city council...a little bit of a conflict of interest, wouldn't you say? He's nothing short of an ignorant jack-*ss who creates discord every chance he gets, and If I were a betting person, I'd say this bit of info most likely came directly from him.

When the military arrests a civilian and hauls them off, THEN we'll have problems!!! But let's not forget that our men and women also know the law, and I would bet that NONE of them would go against it to accomplish what's being implied here. All of you who sit comfortably at your computers, without the faintest idea of what is going on less than a mile away from my home, are enjoying the right to join the ranks of complete idiots who do nothing but complain and make trouble every time they turn around. It's a free country, do as you will....but at least use common sense and get your facts first. Try looking up how many deaths have occurred on this road over the years. I might actually start to make sense.

I'm part of the military family, and I'm HERE...what does that tell you? We're not stupid, and we're not the enemy....please keep that in mind! It's so easy to stereotype people you don't know as being the "big, bad, enemy" out to take your rights away from you....they are OUR rights as well. We protect them, remember?? Not everything is bad, but if you choose to find bad in everything, then you probably will, and there will be enough fools around to join you.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Agree with the other poster, you make a good point, should become a member, we need voices like yours here.

The system is the problem. I agree with you on that. Sovereignty however is gone. The US is no long a sovereign nation and hasnt been for a good long time. From NAFTA, the UN, NATO, the impending NAU, etc....

There are two ways to try and get our country and our God given rights back. We can work to change what we currently have, or we can scrap the whole lot. Basicaly succession and start over.

While the system is flawed and the powers that be work it to take the rights of Americans every day, I still believe in the will and the strength of the American people. I have lost faith in the masses, but the fight and heart of the average lone American still exists to this day. It is because of this that I feel our system can be changed if we work hard enough at it. Maybe I am a fool for this belief, I can see that argument, but it is still my belief.

For the posters who dont think this is a big deal, this is just the beginning, you will come to eat your words. If it were just a mere observation, why couldnt local cops be brought on base? Why do Marines need to be on our streets? Also, do you actually believe that MP's cant test for a DUI? That they need to observe a local cop? Step back from this a little and look at the bigger picture. Why is the military working closely with local cops? On free American soil?

For mystiq. I would love to be a vendor for your wares, good market for that type of stuff where I am at.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join