It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids Learn that Killing Is Fun at the Army's Lethal New Theme Park

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
HOW CAN USA BE THIS CRAZY?

Clipped from original story...

The Army Experience Center, located in the Franklin Mills Mall just north of Philadelphia, bills itself as a "state-of-the-art educational facility that uses interactive simulations and online learning programs to educate visitors about the many careers, training and educational opportunities available in the Army."

Nonsense.

For $12 million, this place has been dressed to kill: 15,000 square feet (about three basketball courts) done up in brushed steel, glass and low-light glam. But what this place is really about is the bling: strings of networked Xbox 360 pods and individual gaming stations. And the crown jewels: a UH-60 Black Hawk, an AH-64 Apache and a Humvee. Simulators. And it's all entirely free.

The Pentagon has been enjoined by both by national lawmakers and international institutions to stop pandering to children. When children's bodies are invaded, we call it statutory rape. Do we have a tidier phrase for the invasion of their minds?

Read the whole MUST READ article here...

www.alternet.org...

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Get them young, make them stupid. This is nothing new, organised religion has been doing this for eons.

What is new is so many people raising their voice against it.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
HOW CAN USA BE THIS CRAZY?

Hehe do we really need to ask that question? In the grand scheme of crazy USA stuff, this ranks pretty mildly

I think our track record speaks for itself

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It is beyond me why people fund this sort of thing and actually condoll it! So pathetic that the army has to go to extremes, when the world doesn't even need wars!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Poet Of Deception
So pathetic that the army has to go to extremes, when the world doesn't even need wars!

I agree, imagine where we as a species could be had we spent all of the money wasted perfecting ever more creative ways of killing each other on technologies that advance us and our way of life on this humble planet we call earth. The possibilities are truly limitless. I just wish that we could invent some super bug that would only target those people who think that war is justifiable or "sometimes necessary." Now that would be a technology worth investing in.

join