It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa finds 'missing' Mars mineral

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Nasa finds 'missing' Mars mineral

news.bbc.co.uk

Nasa's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter has finally spotted rocks on the Red Planet that bear carbonate minerals.

The ingredients needed to make the rocks are very evident, so their absence had been a major puzzle.

One theory to explain the omission is the idea that water on Mars has been too acidic to allow carbonates.

The rocks' identification now shows these harsh waters have not dominated all parts of Mars - and that is good news for the search for life.

"You want to get an environment that is basically as clement as possible, that's not difficult to live in," explained Bethany Ehlmann from Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Yet again, we appear to led towards the fact that Mars once had life - or at least had the ability to foster life.

I'm fairly convinced that there are artificial structures on Mars that were created by previous civilisations on the Red Planet - possibly our ancestors, so we really must do more digging on this.

It is a shame then, that NASA are going to this region next.

I don't know much about the Nili Fossae area but I'm going to do some research and see if there have been any unusual structures or anything else like that there.

Sure is interesting though, ain't it?

Peace,

MGGG

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by machinegun_go_go

I don't get that 'once had the ability to foster life' explanation. I believe if it had the ability to foster life, life would form. If there's nothing stopping it, and all the pieces were there, why wouldn't it form?

In my mind there's only two possibilities: it was possible to foster life on Mars and life did form, or it wasn't possible to foster life on Mars and life didn't form.

I also believe that if we did come from Mars, the people controlling these missions to Mars already know about it and are controlling the flow of information so that we inferiors can be strung along by minor finds here and there to make a nice, long, feel-good human achievement story out of our trip.

If our species, or another species that transported us from Mars to Earth was so advanced as to accomplish such a thing, surely they left a record of it here for us to find. Unfortunately I think if that occurred, the record was found and is being withheld from the public for some sort of personal gain on their part, no doubt.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

also believe that if we did come from Mars, the people controlling these missions to Mars already know about it and are controlling the flow of information so that we inferiors can be strung along by minor finds here and there to make a nice, long, feel-good human achievement story out of our trip. If our species, or another species that transported us from Mars to Earth was so advanced as to accomplish such a thing, surely they left a record of it here for us to find. Unfortunately I think if that occurred, the record was found and is being withheld from the public for some sort of personal gain on their part, no doubt.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. It would not be a surprise at all for me if the 'record' you mention was found years and years ago and that all that we are really doing on Mars is checking things out that we have learned about already.

If this is the case, it is such a shame that TPTB cannot understand how much we, the people, need and want to know this.

Why do they think we can't cope?

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegun_go_go
Why do they think we can't cope?

I think it's more of a method of control than anything else. Either that or they have the mindset of a four year old and they get excited and scream like little girls about telling little secrets and keeping them from everyone else.

We aren't in the secret clubhouse, after all.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

I think it's more of a method of control than anything else. Either that or they have the mindset of a four year old and they get excited and scream like little girls about telling little secrets and keeping them from everyone else.

Or maybe something more down to earth.
With all the killing in the name of God from all faiths imagine the global upheaval that is going to happen when they do some day come out and finally say they found life then most religions will go right out he window but not before they tear each other and themselves apart.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That's true.

But really, that boils down to being a method of control.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This guy dug up spuds on Mars. Mineral rich food.

top topics

join