It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me decipher this wisdom of thought...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Im not trying to gather facts or truth or convince skeptics to this theory its just my thoughts and hoping someone can help me detonate it.

What im trying to get at is our beliefs takes us where we go in the afterlife! Anyone got anything in relation to this?

At one stage i had a thought about whatever we believe in we will see it on the otherside. So for eg. if we strongly believe there will be a hell we may see hell on the otherside.

I had thought about whether what we believe in creates a different realm on the afterlife. Say if many people had the same thought it will be made manifest on a different realm.

Now the part about the brain being the devil do we realise how our thoughts and actions can manifest what we dont know.

Im sure others may have thought off bizarre thoughts in their heads and tried to decipher what it all means so am trying to get it off my chest.

Could the brains thoughts do more then what we perceive it to do thus causing a ripple effect to the afterlife aswell? Could we trap ourselves by our own beliefs? For eg athiests go to the unknown, christians to hell and metaphysicists to some cosmic journey!

What if its not any character like the devil that causes our desmise but our actual strong beliefs that takes us where we will go? Would you not want to think off the positive more then the negative we have been fed everyday?

Look at what we know and listen to around us is always sometthing that seems bad or negative but we strive to reach sometthing positive and loving to make anew each day and to us that something positive and loving is like Heaven but none of us reach it because usually our thoughts are negative or find the negative?

What am i trying to get at lol.

We will never find heaven until we are more positive and loving in thought perhaps.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by meadowfairy]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Can somebody , anybody understand what im trying to get at or can help me with more information in what im trying to say?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
If you would stop using your brain...you'll be happy.....

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Well, you cant really relate your conscious perception of what becomes after death, because part of dying is the shutting down of neural activity in the brain. There is no conscious or subconscious activity that follows the moment of death.

From the religious standpoint, everything that occurs after death is done so in the spirit realm and the physical shell is left behind. When conceived, the physical form begins to develop and the spirit is attached to it. The spirit is only attached to the body as long as the body functions and then it is released. So, the spirit exists prior to, during and after the life of the body. Basically, the spirit is hosted for a time to experience what is known as life. Its a parasite.

The question here is actually, where does the spirit come from and where does it travel on to after the host expires?

Delving into the vast reaches of the belief system will net you many possibilities. Heaven? Hell? Reincarnation? Increasing dimension? Oblivion? There are options. Of course, there is no possible way to prove it. People who have been noted to die and come back to life are not what I would consider dead in the spirit realm. When the spirit separates from you, then you die. Until then, perhaps there is some connection still with the body, mind and spirit. This could explain why people come back with fantastic stories based solely on their beliefs.
For instance, you would never hear a person of judeo-christian faith relating their death and return story from a hindu perspective (reincarnation). Nor would an islam come back and say that there are no virgins waiting on the other side. The perspective in that sense is likely still tied to the psychi due to a lack of physical release.

Now, ask me what I think from my agnostic perspective? I have no idea. I am not afraid to die, so I dont actually dwell on it that much. When this trip is over, its over. What is the point of pondering the next journey until that time comes? I am not going to pray to a god in hopes of upping my chances at something better because there may not be anything better. What if the hindus are right and the best you can hope for is to come back as a cow?

The worst thing about life is the best thing about life....living it to the best of your ability. Beyond that, some higher power will just have to be disappointed in me.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wheresthetruth
Well, you cant really relate your conscious perception of what becomes after death, because part of dying is the shutting down of neural activity in the brain. There is no conscious or subconscious activity that follows the moment of death.

From the religious standpoint, everything that occurs after death is done so in the spirit realm and the physical shell is left behind. When conceived, the physical form begins to develop and the spirit is attached to it. The spirit is only attached to the body as long as the body functions and then it is released. So, the spirit exists prior to, during and after the life of the body. Basically, the spirit is hosted for a time to experience what is known as life. Its a parasite.

The question here is actually, where does the spirit come from and where does it travel on to after the host expires?

Delving into the vast reaches of the belief system will net you many possibilities. Heaven? Hell? Reincarnation? Increasing dimension? Oblivion? There are options. Of course, there is no possible way to prove it. People who have been noted to die and come back to life are not what I would consider dead in the spirit realm. When the spirit separates from you, then you die. Until then, perhaps there is some connection still with the body, mind and spirit. This could explain why people come back with fantastic stories based solely on their beliefs.
For instance, you would never hear a person of judeo-christian faith relating their death and return story from a hindu perspective (reincarnation). Nor would an islam come back and say that there are no virgins waiting on the other side. The perspective in that sense is likely still tied to the psychi due to a lack of physical release.

Now, ask me what I think from my agnostic perspective? I have no idea. I am not afraid to die, so I dont actually dwell on it that much. When this trip is over, its over. What is the point of pondering the next journey until that time comes? I am not going to pray to a god in hopes of upping my chances at something better because there may not be anything better. What if the hindus are right and the best you can hope for is to come back as a cow?

The worst thing about life is the best thing about life....living it to the best of your ability. Beyond that, some higher power will just have to be disappointed in me.

Time dosent exist.........the moment is always now....

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Moose Head

I agree, which is why I live my life and forget about fearing whats next. Yesterday is the past and not worth worrying about, tomorrow is a figment of your imagination. Right now, do the right thing for the right reason according to your own moral compass and fear is not let in.

The OP is talking about death. Discussions of death come from a fear of what is to come. Deny the fear and death becomes a meaningless transition from one state to another.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

reply to post by Moose Head

I agree, which is why I live my life and forget about fearing whats next. Yesterday is the past and not worth worrying about, tomorrow is a figment of your imagination. Right now, do the right thing for the right reason according to your own moral compass and fear is not let in.

The OP is talking about death. Discussions of death come from a fear of what is to come. Deny the fear and death becomes a meaningless transition from one state to another.

Ok...but youve never experienced life.....and denying death dosent make death meaningless...as death dosent exist either.....are you using your brain again to curse me with what youve been taught by that guru....

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Moose Head]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by meadowfairy
Can somebody , anybody understand what im trying to get at or can help me with more information in what im trying to say?

I understand what you're getting at ... I've wondered the same myself. I also think thoughts can manifest themselves especially if the vision, thoughts and beliefs are simulataneously being shared by others.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Yeah your kind of on the right track. Its not that i am worrying the afterlife but if there is an afterlife can our thoughts be downloaded into our souls and the memories get into the afterlifer but especially our current beliefs because we are so big on them beliefs?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet

I understand what you're getting at ... I've wondered the same myself. I also think thoughts can manifest themselves especially if the vision, thoughts and beliefs are simulataneously being shared by others.

Your right this is apart off what im trying to get aswell. If so many peopl;e believed in the same thing about the afterlife it would probably manifest that realm.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
It's a pretty good theory as far as I'm concerned. I think I can offer some of my own insights.

Now add into your theory that people die and they have a lot of manufactured (they come from illusions or the ego) beliefs they believe as they die. They will also have manufactured fear, or maybe a false hope. I think hope is a good thing, love peace kindness are all good, but when they are what I call "manufactured" they are fake and stand on nothing, they are lies.

I always look for fairness and equality, these are what guide me when it comes to these sorts of questions.

When we (meditate) shut ourselves up and just let things be, we all seem to start coming to the same conclusion. At our base there is peace and happiness, peace at least if we will just go there. If we stop lying to ourselves and remove all the attachments then suddenly there is peace, and childlike curiosity, able to be humored by anything once again.

Have you wondered what happens when a 2 year old dies under your theory? They have not developed beliefs yet. However like everyone else they are born with this inner peace and wonder inside of them, the place they are when they aren't crying and screaming and whining. They haven't been tainted by any beliefs yet, but they must be saved by the baseline of peace and happiness - there might be a section of the afterlife in your theory with nothing but millions of babies crying
lol but they don't stay there long, the natural peace that is part of the universe for some reason will eventually free them, as their illusions run out of energy and purpose.

So yes I'm with you on this. I think your beliefs and your demeanor will have a lot to do with the afterlife. The more and more you live in a meditative way or a peaceful way, it is more and more what you become. If you live angry and stressed out that is what you become. I just try to separate the dogma. The dogma and religious beliefs may guide them somewhere too but my thoughts have long been focused absent of dogma if I can help it. Nobody is going to change very much when they die, their life experience is going to be a baseline.

I think the sort of mood you are in the day you die effects it too. Honestly what you had for breakfast even. If a man is well fed, had a good nights sleep, got a few laughs in and dies that day - he'll die much differently than someone who wakes up with a hangover, goes and grabs some fast food for lunch, been arguing all day. But as much as I think this situational factor - the mood the demeanor matters, what really matters is whats at the base, the baseline of what you are, your whole life, something that you could get away with calling karma or your concience.

Again I could be wrong but that's my insights on this.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
It's a pretty good theory as far as I'm concerned. I think I can offer some of my own insights.

Now add into your theory that people die and they have a lot of manufactured (they come from illusions or the ego) beliefs they believe as they die. They will also have manufactured fear, or maybe a false hope. I think hope is a good thing, love peace kindness are all good, but when they are what I call "manufactured" they are fake and stand on nothing, they are lies.

I always look for fairness and equality, these are what guide me when it comes to these sorts of questions.

When we (meditate) shut ourselves up and just let things be, we all seem to start coming to the same conclusion. At our base there is peace and happiness, peace at least if we will just go there. If we stop lying to ourselves and remove all the attachments then suddenly there is peace, and childlike curiosity, able to be humored by anything once again.

Have you wondered what happens when a 2 year old dies under your theory? They have not developed beliefs yet. However like everyone else they are born with this inner peace and wonder inside of them, the place they are when they aren't crying and screaming and whining. They haven't been tainted by any beliefs yet, but they must be saved by the baseline of peace and happiness - there might be a section of the afterlife in your theory with nothing but millions of babies crying
lol but they don't stay there long, the natural peace that is part of the universe for some reason will eventually free them, as their illusions run out of energy and purpose.

So yes I'm with you on this. I think your beliefs and your demeanor will have a lot to do with the afterlife. The more and more you live in a meditative way or a peaceful way, it is more and more what you become. If you live angry and stressed out that is what you become. I just try to separate the dogma. The dogma and religious beliefs may guide them somewhere too but my thoughts have long been focused absent of dogma if I can help it. Nobody is going to change very much when they die, their life experience is going to be a baseline.

I think the sort of mood you are in the day you die effects it too. Honestly what you had for breakfast even. If a man is well fed, had a good nights sleep, got a few laughs in and dies that day - he'll die much differently than someone who wakes up with a hangover, goes and grabs some fast food for lunch, been arguing all day. But as much as I think this situational factor - the mood the demeanor matters, what really matters is whats at the base, the baseline of what you are, your whole life, something that you could get away with calling karma or your concience.

Again I could be wrong but that's my insights on this.

Very good i forgot to mention that where we go too in afterlife from our beliefs might just be temporary and there are ways out off it. LIke bringing heaven to you already? By being the person you want to be and know you can be from a spiritual point of view.

Oh children have beliefs in a fantasy way probably like fairires and angels.

Children under 2 are still exposed to what they see around them. But lets just say children will go back into the heavenly abyss from whence they came so i would most likely apply the theory to adults.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I had thought about whether what we believe in creates a different realm on the afterlife. Say if many people had the same thought it will be made manifest on a different realm.

Could the brains thoughts do more then what we perceive it to do thus causing a ripple effect to the afterlife aswell? Could we trap ourselves by our own beliefs? For eg athiests go to the unknown, christians to hell and metaphysicists to some cosmic journey!

Based on my past life memories and my astral travels, your frame of mind is very important as it literally 'steers' your consciousness in the afterlife. Mind is king there, so in answer to your question yes your belief systems will steer where you and determine where you end up and on what level. Most important of all is not to fear anything, as fear doesn't bode well there, causes ripples and can become so intense if focused on so as to cause the individual to fall down the levels. Harmony and anything related to it is a safe bet, if you don't know what harmony is and can't contribute to it then you will remain on the lower levels which isn't that different to what we experience today.

Hope this helps you.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Thankyou Pharoahmoan that was pretty insightful reply and most probably insync with what im trying to find out and expand.

I think for people to avoid such desmise they will need to work on their karma's and emotions now.

Based on my out of bodies it was fearful and unpleasant which got me thinking that our actions create what we perceive.

Which is another reasons i hardly watch horror movies anymore because i know i download it into my concious and another reason i know this from when i used to have anxiety i could not watch any violence or horror movies because i woould download those fears readily and i didnt feel like i was the one sterring my body everytime i had an episode where i felt like i was not in my body but ready to die, it kept my mind in fear mode.

So i strongly believe people should not have fear in them. I think it was one of the reasons i experienced anxiety and now no longer have it. The most scariest thing about it is not being able to control those fears and you wonder how to go about it.

I think off my experences as levels in reality. Wher ei have to go through those experiences to understand the deeper meaning behind them. For eg, when i was ill and almost died, extreme anger at one stage, anxiety etc etc i managed to go through those emotions and experiences but came out better then before. Like i am going through lessons but i don't know for what purpose. I dont know why im experiencing the negative so much then end up becoming cured from it and manage to get out of it. I go through darkness to see the light. What is hinting me to this and steering me to see the deeper wisdom behind it all. To understand the sick, the angry, the fearful etc and then make connections to the cause like bad food, environment, chemicals ingested, ties to one emotion thats repetitive and grows deeper the more you experience and use that emotion(just wish people could apply it to love emotion and make it grow) etc etc.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by meadowfairy]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I myself have herd there is 12 min. of brain activity after you die so sweat dreams.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think the brains conciousness and memories are downloaded into the soul and remaines when the soul leaves the body which is what i should have wrote so people dont get the wrong idea as i think faster then i type.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well Meadowfairy,

We will never find heaven until we are more positive and loving in thought perhaps.

I think the answer is there to your question, the reason, for you an us all to.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

What im trying to get at is our beliefs takes us where we go in the afterlife! Anyone got anything in relation to this?

You had free will before you came here, You chose to come here. you have free will now and you will have free will when you shed this mortal coil.

What more is there to understand?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
LOl
im like that i answer my own questions but then thats just wisdom that we all have and i know it but still ask it because even though i feel we are all one i like to ask opinions and seek answers still, i like to encourage thinking deeply about everything because i dont think everything stops at reality when you seek from within.

Like the girl from never ending story i would like to say "Remember who you are"

[edit on 27-12-2008 by meadowfairy]

new topics

top topics

join