It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than Just Planetary Transit?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Greetings..I'm newly registered user to ATS, but no stranger to the site. In following the recent burst of Mayan Calendar mathematics, predictions, and Sciences, I wonder if the transit of the planets, mainly Venus and Mercury, aren't the subject at all- could the EFFECTS of those alignments and transits,like creating the right conditions for a Gravity "sling" or vortex,maybe hurling a NEO at Earth or creating a "gravitational gap" that otherwise shields us from such- could that be the cause behind the "End Time" prophecies?
Maybe somone could run a RedShift model of any given stardate, but throw in an asteroid or variable and see if there are possible side effects of planetary transits other than just the planets themselves.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
No offense, but in the billions of years that the transits have been going on, there's no evidence that it's done this before.

Remember that gravity is a force that follows the law of squares... if an object is moved to twice its original distance from you, the pull of its gravity is cut to 1/4th. If it's moved to three times the original distance, the pull is cut to 1/9th.

The pull of Mercury's gravity (it's smaller than Earth) and Venus' gravity is very tiny. At this distance (the orbit of Earth), the total pull of those two planets is less than the pull of the chair you're sitting on. On the day you were born, the total pull of your mother's gravitational field (slight as it was) was greater than the pull of the gravitational fields of the planets on you.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Are you at an observatory(those places with cool telescopes)? If so have you got anything you interesting you could share with us?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Drat! Just my luck, Observatory2 is off line. I keep hoping someone inside those observatories in the southern hemisperes will crack and go public with the earth shattering (no pun intended) news of what's coming at Earth from down below.

Maybe O2 will be back on line manana.

top topics

join