It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Global Warming Scam (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This documentary points to the environmental "industry", profiteering on pseudoscience, at the expense of the developing world

Documentary

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway
This documentary points to the environmental "industry", profiteering on pseudoscience, at the expense of the developing world

Documentary

Same goes for "dinosaurs"!

If we wasn't meant to burn oil then why did the lord put it here?

My cousins and I once dumped 20 gallons in the tub and lit it up... Most of my house was still cold!

It's the dag gone librals!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Yah! The dirty scientists are lying. They are really technologically advanced lizard people who want to steal all our fossil fuels to take back to their homeworld!

You wait until we move to sustainable clean fuels! Then the truth will come out.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
They don't point out two things:

1. This is the fastest acceleration on record and the Sun ain't doint anything funny.

2. Economic growth at 4% a year makes your economy 50* larger after a century, and your film assumes a static economy, stupid.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Although some of it is true,alot of it has been debunked...and alot of the scientists interviewed are on exxon mobile payroll..im still on the sidelines about man made global warming but i dont really like this documentary...

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Try Nigel Lawson. He has no care for anything other than a tax cut, and it seems, an oil injection.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled
They don't point out two things:

1. This is the fastest acceleration on record and the Sun ain't doint anything funny.

And just how far does this "record" go back? 50 years...100 years....hell I'll give you 300 years if you like, but how long has the earth been around?

2. Economic growth at 4% a year makes your economy 50* larger after a century, and your film assumes a static economy, stupid.

"Static" is the assumption that the earth makes no changes whatsoever in so far as climate goes. Who says that the state of California's weather has always been and should forever be 85 degrees in the summer and 50 degrees in the Winter? The earth is in constant state of "flux".

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled
reply to post by Solomons

Try Nigel Lawson. He has no care for anything other than a tax cut, and it seems, an oil injection.

Yawn... the scientist on this documentary are as qualified as any other scientist to judge the evidence of what is happening or not happening on our planet. The problem is when folks or critics try to stifle scientific inquiry by setting-up strawman arguments such as "they are on the exxon payroll", instead of debating the scientific evidence.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Although some of it is true,alot of it has been debunked...and alot of the scientists interviewed are on exxon mobile payroll..im still on the sidelines about man made global warming but i dont really like this documentary...

You are free to like this documentary or not, there is plenty of current evidence out there for those that seek truth. And those that want to buy into politically influenced pseudoscience are also welcome to choose that path.

[edit on 19-12-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Although some of it is true,alot of it has been debunked...and alot of the scientists interviewed are on exxon mobile payroll..im still on the sidelines about man made global warming but i don't really like this documentary...

James Hansen the leading global warming scammer has made over 2 million dollars in awards. grants and speaking fees. its all out there on the internet for all to see.
All payed by the environmental movement

Can you prove that with many of the other side.
In fact show us proof like a paycheck.
All this the oil companies payed for the anti global warming side is utter bull.
the oil companies can not have payed 1/100 of the people that the tree hugger claim even they don't have that much money.

In fact the tree huggers can not prove much does not stop them from spouting this udder bull because they know that the sheep will never check.

why can they pay there global warming hoaxers but then claim that something is bad about (others that they can not prove have been payed by the oil companies) say global warming is a hoax.

this to me proves that global warming is a hoax and the tree hugger know it is and they are using the sheeple to scare everyone so they can control us.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Global warming is not a hoax...maybe your thinking of man made global warming...But its pretty much fact the climate is changing dramatically,the question is whether its man causing it or atleast speeding up the process or its simply another cycle that has pretty much nothing to do with anything we do with our C02 emissions.

[edit on 20-12-2008 by Solomons]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Well, considering that just about every other planet in our solar system is heating up should debunk any claims that "we" are causing this to our planet. I don't need to watch an hour long video to tell me that. Thanks though.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The Chart of Average Temperatures

[edit on 12/20/08 by Yoda411]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Yoda411

I find that the way this chart shows its data (which could be correct) is misleading.

It makes it look that temperatures have skyrocketed only because of the industrialization of humans, but they also recovered from a period where there was a negative temperature anomaly. If in the 20s the anomaly was -0.5C it means that back in time average temperatures must have been (obviously) hotter than the baseline (the relative zero degrees line).

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Global warming is not a hoax...maybe your thinking of man made global warming...

Yes because controlling non man made global warming would be imposable.
because it would not be caused by CO2 but by other factors. IE the sun, abnormalities in the earths magnetic field, etc.

when bring up global warming the consensus is that global warming stands for man made global warming (AGW).
all other types heating of the earth is not classed as global warming but climate change or natural climate swings.
these are will documented.
www.globalwarmingart.com...:Five_Myr_Climate_Change_Rev_png

The controversy is what we see a change a natural climate swings or man made global warming.

Is this a natural climate change with the CO2 following because of the increase in temp or is man made CO2 driving the increase.
or is CO2 totally unrelated to the whole event.

When the environmental movement changed there name for global warming to climate change i believe they admitted it is not man made anymore but are trying to confuse the issue by using the non man made climate change group's definition for the phenomenon.

This was done by the tree huggers to confuse the issue and not to help resolve the issue.

the environmental movement will do anything to confuse the issue including taking the non AGW groups name for the phenomenon.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by ANNED]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirakawa
reply to post by Yoda411

I find that the way this chart shows its data (which could be correct) is misleading.

It makes it look that temperatures have skyrocketed only because of the industrialization of humans, but they also recovered from a period where there was a negative temperature anomaly. If in the 20s the anomaly was -0.5C it means that back in time average temperatures must have been (obviously) hotter than the baseline (the relative zero degrees line).

The data is presented as an anomaly from the mean temps for some period. I would guess it is the mean of 1951 to 1980, if it the NASA-GISS data.

But if you want something which really shows temps sky-rocketing...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
by the way, its "the great global warming swindle".

new topics

top topics

join