It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music and [My] Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I just finished reading very little of the thread Elvis, The Beatles, The Doors, Led Zeppelin were possessed by Satan , and highly disagreed with the author. If it wasn't for The Beatles and other bands and musicians alike, I would not possess the fundamental building blocks required to seek the truth. The most basic is love, which I personally found through the Beatles. Now, I could waste a couple paragraphs on this exhausting idea, but I am sure you have all heard it before. If I had to sum it up in one particular song and lyric, it would be:

Tomorrow never knows, and the line "Love is all and love is everyone."

Now, I can see where this could be the cause of controversy...For instance, by saying "all and everyone," could that be interpreted as the evil forces as well as the good forces? Isn't this a fundamental idea of Christianity? Compassion and forgiveness? I don't know, you tell me, I'm not very caught up on my Bible studies. However, I do know how to forgive. By recognizing the dark, you are presented with a choice of which path to follow. I find it useless to hate on that other path. "A friend of the devil is a friend of mine" - Jerry Garcia...or even "And if this darkness came from light, then light can come from darkness " - Mason Jenning's Drinking as religion. In other words would light exist without the dark? I don't really understand my own interpretation. Is there a middle point of contentment? For every action, there’s a re-action? So maybe every time we "love", we are creating "hate" somewhere else in our life, or maybe somewhere else in the universe. What if instead of loving or hating, we put that energy into creating! Creating music! Creating music to express this very idea! Ha! A self expression of self expression. (please excuse this rant, I was just letting the words flow)

Ok so to carry on my original intent of this thread. I seem to find more and more music expressing my perception of truth. Which is your typical ATS mindset of a shadow government ruling the world, who then are ruled by reptilian aliens. Although I do not believe everything I read on the forums, I do believe that theres something bigger going on behind the scenes. Here are some songs that have led me to this truth:

Soul Coughing - Unmarked Helicopters

Whose song is that remembered?
At random, surpenting
Throught fatty coils, emerging
Some other thought it's thinking
This light stands above the
Houses on the ground
This illumination
Visited upon the whole land
Unmarked helicopters
Hovering
The lord is coming soon

Here comes the super copter
Here comes the noise it makes
The demon was an idea
The demon is awake
Scratch mark traced across the
Surface of your mind
This hour, now upon us
The hour, now arrived

But i know the truth
I know the whole shebang
I know the names of men they had to hang
I let her out the trunk
Heard what she said at them
They've come to drag us through the double M
It goes black black black black and blacker...

Built to Spill - The Plan

The plan keeps coming up again
The plan means nothing stays the same
But the plan won't accomplish anything
If it's not implemented
Like it's always been
And it makes me think of everyone
And the cause of this is evident
But the remedy cannot be found
Cause it's so well hidden
This history lesson doesn't make any sense
In any less than ten thousand year increments
Of common sense

These are just a couple examples of what has popped into my existence recently. There is plenty out there, and I look forward to hearing what the members have to offer.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Built to Spill – Randy Described Eternity

Every thousand years
This metal sphere
Ten times the size of Jupiter
Floats just a few yards past the earth
You climb on your roof
And take a swipe at it
With a single feather
Hit it once every thousand years

Till you've worn it down
To the size of a pea
Yeah I'd say that's a long time
But it's only half a blink
In the place you're gonna be

Where you gonna be
Where will you spend eternity
I've gotta be perfect from now on
I've gotta be perfect starting now

Stop making that sound
Stop making that sound
I will say I forgot it
But it was only yesterday
And it's all you had to say

Any members ever really study The Grateful Dead? The Annotated Grateful Dead Lyrics Or how about Tool? I have heard they have a message as well

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Music in the sixties and seventies began seriously questioning the establishment.

The musicians were our prophets back then and we were taking part in the transformation of the world.

Drugs, sex, antiwar protests, communal living and exploration of all spiritual beliefs was part of this.

Back then, if a friend wanted your lover, you were just as likely to share him/her. The policemen lining our antiwar protests were kissed and given food, drink and flowers.

Many people I knew still had traditional values, but there were billions like me who were seeing the possibilities for a new world, and believed it was going to happen.

Sadly, the new world was temporary, but I'm glad i was part of it while it lasted.

it was too big a threat to the wealthy power-mongers, and the media, which has always existed to mould our thoughts as it makes money, became focused on stories inciting fear, hatred and ridicule of us hippies.

The CIA had a unit, already old, which had been used to destroy any pride or leadership amongst Blacks, and now the same unit was turned onto our singers, frightening them, drugging them, and testing a newly discovered hepatitus B virus (AU) on them.

Many were martyred, but the establishment could not afford for us to have martyrs, so they were made to appear to have died in stupid, humiliating ways, and tarred as satanists.

When you see police wearing frightening black riot gear as they patrol demonstrations these days, remember one thing.

Their dress and actions have been specially chosen for them by the manipulators of society to polarize situations.

Instead of having a succession of lone, blue shirted police, still innocent, lining demonstrations, we now have fearsome robotic thugs moving in groups, trained to see demonstrators as a threat and to be ready to take them out, and I don't mean on dates.

Be sad for them. These same sort of guys 40 years ago enjoyed getting demonstration duty and were often "converted" while they watched.

Now the only thing they get a kick out of is sinking the boot into a prone body before tasering just for fun.

NB, I'm talking about my experiences in Melbourne, Australia.
However I expect that, before the Kent State Shooting (google it) things were similar in America too.

We did find agent provocateurs amongst the demonstrators back then too, but there was always a group of us moving through the demonstrators, looking out for them. We handled it so the Police would not have to.

So when you are listening to music from that era, feel the innocence, the hope, the exploration that these bands were involved in. It was a different world, and you should be now enjoying the fruits of it instead of seeing America overtaken by gloom.

But the establishment stole hope from the world.

join