It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMF warns of economic riots, police ready for civil unrest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

IMF warns of economic riots, police ready for civil unrest

www.wnd.com

Paulson discussed worst-case scenario at bailout meeting – declare martial law

Pentagon resources and U.S. troops may be used if needed to quell protests and bank runs during an economic crisis, the U.S. Army War College's Strategic Institute reported.

"Widespread civil violence inside the United States would force the defense establishment to reorient priorities in extremis to defend basic domestic order and human security," the War College study states.

Incidents of economic collapse, terrorism and disruption of legal order could require deployment of forces within the U.S., it said.

A "strategic shock" could require the nation to use "military force against hostile groups inside the United States."

International Monetary Fund Managing Director Dominique Strauss-Kahn has warned that advanced nations could face civil unrest during distressful economic times

"[S]ocial unrest may happen in many countries – including advanced economies" if the economic crises are not properly dealt with, Strauss-Kahn said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12/18/2008 by Champagne]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Are there really people out there that do not believe all this will happen in the US?? 2009 is going to be a year like no other - I believe!

Makes sense about the 'gathering' of US troops in the US. Something BIG is going to happen, but I do not believe it will be until 2009.....which just happens to be very, very close.

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
the full story

-- In order for riots to break out the whole food supply doesn't have to be wiped out. It just has to be threatened sufficiently. When people realize their vulnerability and the fact that there is no short term solution to a severe enough drought in the Midwest they will have no clue as to what they should do. Other nations can't make up the difference because no other nation has a surplus of grain in good times let alone in times when they are having droughts and floods also. It takes two or three months to raise grain, yet people have to eat usually at least once a day, usually more than that.

--So, basically, we have in place a recipe for a disaster that will dwarf any other localized disasters imaginable. The important thing to note is that there is no solution for this event. There is no contingency plan for this. People living in certain parts of the US will fare better than others (which is another story) but those who live in big cities, where most of the US population live, are done for.

Point being that it will not take much to trigger civil unrest....In many large cities, those that might riot first are better armed than the police. And, as other ATS threads have pointed out, are American military personnel ready to shoot American rioters?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Celente Predicts Revolution, Food Riots, Tax Rebellions By 2012
Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com

The man who predicted the 1987 stock market crash and the fall of the Soviet Union is now forecasting revolution in America, food riots and tax rebellions - all within four years, while cautioning that putting food on the table will be a more pressing concern than buying Christmas gifts by 2012.

Gerald Celente, the CEO of Trends Research Institute, is renowned for his accuracy in predicting future world and economic events, which will send a chill down your spine considering what he told Fox News this week.

Yes, I know - it's from THAT website. But I tend to look a the message instead of the one carrying it all the time - especially when it comes to finding more sources that backup something current such as the topic.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'm not an American but I'm more than aware that the use of the armed forces within the United States is not allowed either by law or the Constitution.
Why would they need the military to prevent civil unrest? Surely it would be better for the Government to actually LISTEN to the people for once instead of ignoring them. The financial crisis is not only destroying the economy itself, but also the people's trust in their leaders (worldwide.)
This is just another step towards breaking the rules America was built on.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The solution to the outrage of the population is to suppress them militarily. Nice.

Eventually, these people and their flaccid vision of the future will die. It won't come soon enough for me.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
We members of ATS have been discussing this problem for a few years.

Now the IMF has said it. Maybe people will finally listen and prepare for the future shortages.

It gives me comfort to know that many ATS members are preparing and will survive the coming hard times.

When the going gets tough the tough get going. That's us.

Rock on.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by habu71
the full story

-- In order for riots to break out the whole food supply doesn't have to be wiped out. It just has to be threatened sufficiently.

Given the introduction of 'just in time' transport logistics, there is never more than 2...3 at most, days' worth of stock held at the supermarkets such as Aldi or Tesco here in the UK.

Any disruption to that supply, such as the oil installation and transport protestst and blockades here in the UK in 2000 could very easily trigger such a panic-buying crisis

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
They will crash financial markets......create a bio chemical condition ....remember the article 20,000 troops in USA by 2011...to control civil unrest and bio chemical attacks...

You will be quarantined...and sent to gas chamber...or choose your own death...be creative...they will than say no food ohhhh my.....you will make a line for food and water...and off you go to the gas.....

you wont bite the hand that feeds you...when it comes you have already been conditioned to accept it...their will be no revolution....

2007-08 alot of the movie plots deal with quarantine and bombing its citizens...they are giving you the blue print sheep.......

ok why the illuminati is created by you..........

Those in power are like the sheppard they lead the sheep to sheering.....

You are the sheep..........

The resources in the world cannot continue to sustain people who contribute nothing to society......

The sheep depend on the hand that feeds them for everything...
mortgages....Credit cards...(thats money you didnt work for so why are you advancing yourself that money)....car loans....student loans....

when they layed out money on the table....which later became the housing bubble....which burst....did people take no money....did people take only what they needed...or did they take everything they could and hoard the rest....True freedom is to be self sustainable which most of america isnt...and to be responsible for your own life...you are the author ...but instead you gave control away and demanded to be led....so now they are leading its not there fault that the sheep are like alley cats...lazy not willing to hunt..to self sustain and are always asking for handouts.....

Do you know what the HUMANE SOCIETY does.....pay attention to the name...HUMANE SOCIETY....they kill alley cats everyday ...they say they do it to prevent it from suffering....because there arent enough handouts to go around...

the rules of nature cannot be changed for you....if you cannot sustain yourself...you will be dealt with....

I dont use "we" or "us"...i use "me"....when you say we or us your asking to be led....

when you give control to someone else you are at their mercy...and so they will be coming for you........

i dont need anyone on this forum to survive....or to die...having the sheep come along will only make things worst because they cant hunt...build shelter....tell me which berry is good to eat and which is poisonous....all their good for is watching mtv...and so they will perish......

rules of nature the strong survive....the weak perish.....

when they come it wont be for we...itll be for you......

Good Luck sheep.......

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Rule of the nature is that nobody survives.

Never mind that common delusion.

What exactly this means :

"if the economic crises are not properly dealt with"

What is proper dealing with economic crisis?
Who created it in the first place...
Deal with those first, don't let them deal with the crisis one more second...

In the end.... but, it's too dark to think.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Moose Head

I would have a hard time finding anything in your post to disagree with. I would say you have it pretty close "to the money" - pun intended

You made me think about a poster on another thread who was ranting about how "primitive" Africans are compared to the cultured, industrialized British.

Ironically, its the primitive cultures, where they know how to live off the land, who will be the least affected by whatever meltdown takes place in our developed world. They are going to continue on much as before while the 1st world goes through its nightmare.
Cheers mate. But don't be too smug about your preparedness, because if you live in the developed world it might one day become quite a challenge to protect your "investments" from those who are unprepared and desperate.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
Rule of the nature is that nobody survives.

Never mind that common delusion.

What exactly this means :

"if the economic crises are not properly dealt with"

What is proper dealing with economic crisis?
Who created it in the first place...
Deal with those first, don't let them deal with the crisis one more second...

In the end.... but, it's too dark to think.

Only a few will be left to work as slaves.......i think maybe 85% of the world population will be wiped out.......and nature dosent wipe itself out....one day the earth will just shake all humans off its surface like a bad case of fleas.....

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Ummm...Prison Planet and wnd are not reliable sites. This is all scaremongering BS.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
What are you like?

Like:
predator
prey
wise man
hero
soldier
hunter
preacher
worker
student
artist
etc.

I ask you this, because you should think about yourself and what you do. Or else, you will be just like those who "care" about what others do. And then, what you do will be in discordance with what you were just saying.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Dude listen to yourself!! You arent living in some sci-fi movie okay?

20,000 troops is ONLY 400 per state!!! They arent gonna take everyone hostage or some #. They will be here just in case this protection is needed and im glad they will be!!

Im really starting to wonder about the mental health of a lot of people on this site. Its scary.

Originally posted by Moose Head
They will crash financial markets......create a bio chemical condition ....remember the article 20,000 troops in USA by 2011...to control civil unrest and bio chemical attacks...

You will be quarantined...and sent to gas chamber...or choose your own death...be creative...they will than say no food ohhhh my.....you will make a line for food and water...and off you go to the gas.....

you wont bite the hand that feeds you...when it comes you have already been conditioned to accept it...their will be no revolution....

2007-08 alot of the movie plots deal with quarantine and bombing its citizens...they are giving you the blue print sheep.......

ok why the illuminati is created by you..........

Those in power are like the sheppard they lead the sheep to sheering.....

You are the sheep..........

The resources in the world cannot continue to sustain people who contribute nothing to society......

The sheep depend on the hand that feeds them for everything...
mortgages....Credit cards...(thats money you didnt work for so why are you advancing yourself that money)....car loans....student loans....

when they layed out money on the table....which later became the housing bubble....which burst....did people take no money....did people take only what they needed...or did they take everything they could and hoard the rest....True freedom is to be self sustainable which most of america isnt...and to be responsible for your own life...you are the author ...but instead you gave control away and demanded to be led....so now they are leading its not there fault that the sheep are like alley cats...lazy not willing to hunt..to self sustain and are always asking for handouts.....

Do you know what the HUMANE SOCIETY does.....pay attention to the name...HUMANE SOCIETY....they kill alley cats everyday ...they say they do it to prevent it from suffering....because there arent enough handouts to go around...

the rules of nature cannot be changed for you....if you cannot sustain yourself...you will be dealt with....

I dont use "we" or "us"...i use "me"....when you say we or us your asking to be led....

when you give control to someone else you are at their mercy...and so they will be coming for you........

i dont need anyone on this forum to survive....or to die...having the sheep come along will only make things worst because they cant hunt...build shelter....tell me which berry is good to eat and which is poisonous....all their good for is watching mtv...and so they will perish......

rules of nature the strong survive....the weak perish.....

when they come it wont be for we...itll be for you......

Good Luck sheep.......

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

All I have to say is I am actually feeling scared. It is not due to this post or ATS. It is just a feeling. I am seriously thinking that things are going to get worse real fast. Massive unemployment, food shortages, poor stealing from the rich. Shootings, power outages, martial law, riots and civil unrest.

It amazes me just how fragile our economy and government actually are.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Moose Head

One day you will get old and will not be able to be self reliant.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

What right does a government have to stop people taking their own money out of a bank? I have never understood this and i never will. The government has absolutely no right to say i can't have the money I've earnt. Also why exactly can the government stop a revolt? I thought the whole point of a revolt was because the citizens were unhappy with the government. If the government then tries to stop the revolt then surely they expose themselves as dictators. Afterall if you quell a revolt you will have to rule by despotism because democracy just won't work anymore.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

"strategic shock" could require the nation to use "military force against hostile groups inside the United States."

I find the wording of that offensive! Hostile groups? So anybody who wants to get their cash and cant and gets mad are now hostile?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I find the wording of that offensive! Hostile groups? So anybody who wants to get their cash and cant and gets mad are now hostile?

That is without a doubt my biggest annoyance with the recent economic crisis. The fact that money that is yours, that you have earnt, that you have traded time for is being held out of your reach. What right does a government or bank have to do this? The money is yours!

Is it maybe because they realise they can't pay everyone?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join