It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to invade Iran?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

Note what you said,..."AFTER WWII".

After...not before, not during.

And right now, there is still a war going on....or has everyone forgotten that?

So with one going on now, we can actually afford to start another and expect the economy to just boom when we have yet to pay for the first big lie war?

Oh man you all need a serious wake up call.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I honestly believe that this invading Iran stuff is nothing more than wishful thinking. People are wishing we will invade or attack so they can say I TOLD YOU SO. Iran has to make the first step or we aren't going anywhere. Even if Israel strikes Iran, we will not go in. We will help protect Israel but we won't go in.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

No...just because I live in Australia does not make me oblivious or a cretin. I am aware of the warS that are going on in Iraq, Afghanistan and between Israel and the people of the Gaza Strip.

Perhaps it would be better if I did not ask questions so that I may remain forever ignorant and not be held up for ridicule.

res

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Who knows? I was once in basic training. This was in 1980 and my drill sergeant told us that the next war would be fought in the desert, probably Iraq. Well, he was right, other than a few skirmishes in Lebanon, Panama and that little no name island in the Caribbean.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Id like to add my two cents, I have a younger brother that is on active duty who is home on leave, My father retired as an E-9 from the Corps, anf I got out about a year ago as an E-7 so I can say that I have some knowledge on these topics but I can never be 100 percent and only add my opinions but Jericho bought up a good point and usually trainees are not privy to such information especially since their clearances are not even processed but if my mind serves me correctly new soldiers with an MOS that requires a clearance apply for it during Reception Battalion so unless the Drill Sergeant is loose lipped I have to say that its not very accurate but not impossible, My younger brother had heard about Iraq before we actually deployed there however we were already knee deep in A-Stan so one would only have to speculate and Iran makes sense if you can even say war makes sense because it doesnt anymore.

Chances are it could be accurate, You not sending a newly minted soldier fresh out of AIT to Afghanistan because you just cant, Only certain soldiers and Marines can flourish there and i would prove somewhat difficult for even the most headstrong soldier with a minimal skill level and lack of operational experience....

I hope my two cents helped, I dont see this as accurate information, The woman may be overzealous or paranoid becuase her son chose to enlist in the military and the media sucks and loves to throw around this stuff, Obama would be crazy to send 20K to Afghanistan and start a new war with Iran when he wants to get us out of Iraq, Iran differs from Iraq in many ways and this country does not to need to go to war with a new country and screw the economy even more and little man who runs Iran is all talk and his ass puckers when we even hint at taking him down. I dont want to see it happen. I want the U S out of conflicts and attending to our deplorable borders that really need help, Let India and Pakistan blow each other up and let Iran blow away Israel, Im tired of being a part of the worlds police force and the only thing I feel for is the innocent lives that could be lost..Now I know why Aliens wont visit this planet and maybe help us..We are way too young and frigged up!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I know families that have loved ones in special forces on missions INSIDE IRAN right now. This is a fact. This thing has been going on for some time now. How big it gets we will see soon enough.

It's entirely possible that someone in the military would overhear or have good info on something like this. I knew we were going into the middle east in some kind of an attack for some unknown reason during the summer of 2000 before Bush was even in office. I learned this from people within military intel. They were correct on everything.

Something is coming down the road with Iran because Israel says so. Nuff said.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Please re-read the OP. This loose lipped lady is already in the Military. the cousin is in boot and doesn't like it. Now the lady mentions that plans are already set in motion and Obama can't change the course of action. The OP asks what would be the premise for this unavoidable disaster?

Biden already mentioned something along the lines of controversial decision would be made in the first term and Obama being tested early on. Who knows who this woman is, she could be in the loop for sure. In my opinion this isn't too hard to imagine right now. This industrial war machine must eat and our economy is hungry. Unfortunately it's our boys that are on the fork.

This will have nuclear consequences.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Actually, the original comment by the girl in the waiting room is common knowledge to those in the military and in Congress. A little known congressional resoultion, Res.362 was referred to congress and remains an emergency session away from approval that legally commands all U.S. forces to create a land, air and sea blockade of Iran.

Iran will of course consider that an act of war.

See: www.opencongress.org...

Cheers all!

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Actually, the original comment by the girl in the waiting room is common knowledge to those in the military and in Congress. A little known congressional resoultion, Res.362 was referred to congress and remains an emergency session away from approval that legally commands all U.S. forces to create a land, air and sea blockade of Iran.

Iran will of course consider that an act of war.

See: www.opencongress.org...

Cheers all!

Wow, very interesting.

Looks like its coming soon.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join